Ecommerce Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
Is There A Recommended Method for Software Protection?

What method of software protection do you recommend simply to make sure your software is not too easy to use without paying, but is not too annoying for honest paying customers?

asked Nov 13 '09 at 15:41
Blank
Lkessler
1,471 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
9.17K Views
How many ecommerce websites are out there?

Our company is providing a service to ecommerce websites, and we're struggling to find reliable stats on how large our potential base is. Does anyone know where to obtain a reasonable estimation...

asked Oct 30 '09 at 16:51
Blank
Ar Vee
143 points

-3 Votes
4 Answers
2.03K Views
What is a good resource to find entrepreneurs in the early planning stages of their business?

My company Merchants Choice Payment Solutions provides credit card processing for businesses. Our main focus is to first and formost educate the merchant on how the industry works and how to set up...

asked Oct 19 '09 at 05:30
Blank
Rick Montgomery
12 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.58K Views
Marketing to a female demographic

I've a product/website in Family/Relationships segment and so far it attracts 80% women and 20% men. Mostly adults(age 25 to 55) actually pay for it. Younger users generally want it "free". I'm...

asked Oct 24 '09 at 05:15
Blank
Arpit Tambi
1,050 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3K Views
Your experiences outsourcing product fulfillment?

I am looking for feedback from people who outsource their product fulfillment on the pros and cons of their service providers! I think the information will be helpful to the community. What should...

asked Oct 13 '09 at 00:01
Blank
Brian Schoenbaechler
38 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
9.44K Views
Would you (Java Developer) learn PHP? if management decided opensource (PHP) projects could fulfill business requirements

(Apologies for the long post. I'm really keen to get sound and balanced advise. The only way to do that is to provide you with a good overview of the situation.. :) ..) I would like to say upfront...

asked Oct 14 '09 at 00:21
Blank
G Maximus
23 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
9K Views
Seller permit to sell online in US for non resident

I am a non resident of US. I'm setting up this online store where you can buy consumer products - targeted at US market. When I approached wholesale suppliers who don't have any affliate model they...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 13:12
Blank
Jyothirmayee
11 points

2 Votes
9 Answers
3.86K Views
Options for merchant/payment solution (end-to-end) for international companies based outside of the US?

As a follow-up to this post: http://answers.onstartups.com/questions/615/what-is-the-best-merchant-processing-solution what are some merchants that people have had a good experience with. I am...

asked Oct 11 '09 at 12:06
Blank
Marcamillion
153 points