Email Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.46K Views
B2B email marketing spam laws

When sending commercial emails to people you do not know, is there any difference between targeting b2b or b2c. For example, assume I send an email to a contact info of another company (for...

asked Dec 30 '11 at 21:44
Blank
Vondip
584 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Newsletter systems used by startups

Is there an existing system that startups or websites uses to send their newsletters out to users that are signed up to their site? I don't really want to go build a subsystem just for that so I'm...

asked Dec 14 '11 at 04:30
Blank
Shawn Mclean
220 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.2K Views
Placing Ads in highly targeted email

I run a mail service for a particular community of users. This email system goes far beyond an occasional email to a basic mailing list - it is the fabric that holds the community together. I would...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 03:38
Blank
Wes
6 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
Elevator pitch by email

I am developing a web application. As part of my marketing attempts, I am trying to send messages to different companies that might have interest in my product. Unfortunately I only have an email...

asked Oct 6 '11 at 18:41
Blank
Vondip
584 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.73K Views
recommend free email client for synching desktop/laptop/blackberry

looking for recommendations for email eco-system allowing small-business to: let users log into email from desktop, viewing multiple email domains, and reply to each where the outgoing email...

asked Aug 29 '11 at 07:21
Blank
Tim8691
17 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.62K Views
Emailing prospects: plain text or HTML?

I provide a web-based service for small & local businesses and sending emails is one method of getting new customers. However, should the first email you send them be an introductory plain...

asked Aug 24 '11 at 02:01
Blank
Joe
121 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.22K Views
Using Google Apps for Business for all my sites?

Currently I have a standard Gmail account. Each site has email forwarders set up and the mail gets forwarded to that Gmail account, and I can reply with different email profiles. Due to the...

asked Jun 26 '11 at 21:44
Blank
Eoinoc
110 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Obtaining new clients through email marketing

Right now I'm sitting behind my desk at a top 100 company, and quite frankly I started to hate my corporate job. I feel like it is killing my soul everyday. I have always dreamed of owning my...

asked Jun 28 '11 at 01:21
Blank
Hatem
16 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.04K Views
Strategy for sending email reminders for a SaaS

I'm building a free-to-use SaaS to help people understand the energy efficiency of their homes and I'm planning to send email reminders to help promote activity in the site e.g. users who...

asked May 27 '11 at 18:23
Blank
Owen Fraser Green
128 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
5.21K Views
Turning Google Apps mail inbox into Support Ticket System

I have an account at Google apps and most of my email is done trough Gmail. Now I just manually respond to support email. I was wondering if there is an easy way using filters and auto responders...

asked Apr 16 '10 at 04:50
Blank
Saif Bechan
101 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.61K Views
How to track customer email support metrics with gmail?

We're using Gmail to field customer support requests. I am looking for a way to track key metrics of how we serve customers: average response time, %% of inquiries left unanswered, customer...

asked Apr 20 '11 at 17:03
Blank
Maxua
155 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
Best way to organize emails?

In the past, I have setup several emails for my business. For example, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]. From there I would make a gmail account called [email protected]....

asked Apr 24 '11 at 10:32
Blank
Sk24iam
344 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.75K Views
Is reading someone's address book with his permission and knowledge and sending bulk email an act of spam?

There is this scenario. I registered dropbox.com (hereafter DB) and were using it. And DB offered me a referral program that I'll get 250mb for every free register from my referrer. So I gave DB...

asked Apr 14 '11 at 22:52
Blank
Moe Sweet
141 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.38K Views
"D or E? mail... (direct mail or email?)

Direct Mail (letter), Direct Mail (postcard), or email? I'm starting a series of web directories for some specific white collar service professionals (lawyer, accountant, consultant, etc.) As...

asked Feb 25 '11 at 05:13
Blank
Randy
249 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.55K Views
E-mail marketing to prospective clients / users?

Don't laugh, but I'm working on a website idea that isn't novel in any particular way. It doesn't do anything new except service a niche industry in my world view of "better". I very well...

asked Feb 25 '11 at 05:14
Blank
John
126 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
1.89K Views
How to offer BETA Codes?

I have launched a web app a couple of days ago in closed BETA and I have been trying quite hard to contact relevant bloggers (about 12 of them now) to post/tweet about my startup and to offer BETA...

asked Feb 26 '11 at 01:31
Blank
Carl
33 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.83K Views
Web service with subscription/payment and with automated email

I am considering starting a business based on daily/regular emails that will be fed an automated process getting data from a MySQL database. I am looking for a service that: offers a ready-made...

asked Jan 31 '11 at 04:53
Blank
Tucson
714 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.68K Views
How To Organize Information For Multiple Personal Businesses

I want to start multiple businesses. For these businesses I would like to have a separate checking account, telephone number, mailing address. What do you suggest to make this as simple as...

asked Jan 6 '11 at 14:32
Blank
Steve
56 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.1K Views
Is it safe to auto-junk customers emails with a combination of letters and numbers by default?

We ask for customer feedback about our software on uninstallation via a web form. In our experience, we only rarely get anything valuable our of this. It is even worse. Particularly, emails from...

asked Jan 6 '11 at 21:46
Blank
Droplet
56 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
Should I provide newsletter archive online?

I'm starting a newsletter about Japan and I'm not sure whether it should have an online archive of past issues. If yes, only available to subscribers, or widely publicized all over the net? I...

asked Dec 21 '10 at 03:26
Blank
Philip Seifi
132 points