Entrepreneurs Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.67K Views
A better way of describing who we are? Digital Entrepreneurs?

I've been looking for a while for a better definition of who my market is other than "startup", "microISV", "mISV", "unfunded startup", "indy" because they don't get to the heart of what those...

asked Dec 5 '09 at 04:17
Blank
Bob Walsh
2,620 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.66K Views
What would you say to a new Entrepreneur about why you chose the entrepreneur lifestyle?

Several of my friends want to become entrepreneurs and they always ask me what draws me to it. For me, it’s the freedom to create, seeing that what I do really matters and the focus on building...

asked Dec 6 '09 at 09:36
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
Where can I find an electrical engineer to design and develop a simple device? (for iPhone)

This is probably not the best forum, but I am looking for an E.E. to be partners with to develop a device that interfaces with an iPhone. (I already have the hardware spec from the Apple...

asked Nov 7 '09 at 07:18
Blank
Tim J
8,346 points

10 Votes
19 Answers
8.07K Views
What are the top 3 skills or characteristics that every entrepreneur should have?

Entrepreneurs tend to have great ideas but struggle to bring them to life. This seems to be partly due to not having the right skills to move beyond the idea and into the marketplace. Am I off base...

asked Nov 8 '09 at 01:13
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.15K Views
Things you need to have ready to pitch

I love the advice on Venture Hacks about confining the time you're out pitching to set amount (e.g., six weeks). Basically, kick it off and then run as fast as you can with as many people as...

asked Nov 8 '09 at 19:19
Blank
Tommy Maddox
156 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
How crucial is partnership fit to a new start-up? What tools do you use?

How crucial is the fit between partners in a start-up? Have you investigated this aspect of formulating the start-up package? Have spoken with experienced investor and entrepreneurs? Would you use...

asked Nov 17 '09 at 15:35
Blank
Ami
16 points

8 Votes
10 Answers
3.07K Views
The best solution for creating a screen-shot movie to demonstrate a website feature?

We recently just launched a new space planner/floor plan tool on our site and would like to create a screen-shot movie (with a voiceover commentary) to visually demonstrates its ease of use. Can...

asked Oct 27 '09 at 05:29
Blank
David Gise
211 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
Entrepreneurship podcast

Here is a podcast I found useful early on. It walks through some basics and you can listen in your own time: http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCastCustomAds.jsp?masterId=13431&cmd=tc...

asked Oct 29 '09 at 07:32
Blank
Tim J
8,346 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.29K Views
Learning from mistakes

Does anyone have any stories of some failures in entrepreneurship (maybe from resources on the net ) and what lessons to draw from them so as not to commit the same mistakes ?

asked Oct 15 '09 at 17:35
Blank
Kabir
96 points

-3 Votes
4 Answers
2.03K Views
What is a good resource to find entrepreneurs in the early planning stages of their business?

My company Merchants Choice Payment Solutions provides credit card processing for businesses. Our main focus is to first and formost educate the merchant on how the industry works and how to set up...

asked Oct 19 '09 at 05:30
Blank
Rick Montgomery
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.08K Views
Entrepreneurs' CVs - Dos and Don'ts

"We invest in people as well as business opportunities" is probably one of the more frequently used phrases by investors. Besides getting to know your potential investors personally, the...

asked Oct 19 '09 at 21:57
Blank
Ben
11 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.73K Views
What are the some innovative/effective ways to streamline office expenses?

We are in the process of compiling a list of the most effective/innovative ways of streamlining office expenses. Can you offer some suggestions?

asked Oct 20 '09 at 02:13
Blank
Open Office Space
26 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
2.94K Views
While the concept of FREE is not taboo, is the word, especially as it relates to promoting on twitter and other marketing collateral?

My company is approximately 1-2 weeks away from launching a major upgrade to our site. The new upgrade contains many valuable features for entrepreneurs and small businesses, however the new...

asked Oct 20 '09 at 09:07
Blank
David Gise
211 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.71K Views
What are the characteristics of successful Internet entrepreneurs (with 12 from excellent article)

This is the full article which has 12 listed with examples and write ups): http://www.focus.com/fyi/small-business/12-characteristics-successful-internet-entrepreneurs/ To summarize: -...

asked Oct 22 '09 at 05:25
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

19 Votes
11 Answers
5.6K Views
"Which entrepreneurs have made $20mill+ in under a decade with a balanced lifestyle (no more than 50hrs work/wk)?

Do you think it’s possible to do it all? Myself and entrepreneur Martin Bjergegaard are making it our mission to find this out in hopes of writing a book outlining the lessons of our findings. We...

asked Oct 12 '09 at 17:17
Blank
Jordan Milne
116 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3K Views
Your experiences outsourcing product fulfillment?

I am looking for feedback from people who outsource their product fulfillment on the pros and cons of their service providers! I think the information will be helpful to the community. What should...

asked Oct 13 '09 at 00:01
Blank
Brian Schoenbaechler
38 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.05K Views
How should the community deal with angels that charge entrepreneurs?

Some angel groups are charging desperate entrepreneurs. Here's what Jason Calacanis has to say about...

asked Oct 14 '09 at 07:30
Blank
Alexandre Gomes
95 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
4.61K Views
Entrepreneurship Club Main Objective?

Ok, I'm about to start an entrepreneurship club in my college (Universidade de Sao Paulo - Brazil). The main reason for that project is that we students don't have any entrepreneurial culture and...

asked Oct 14 '09 at 15:14
Blank
Lasse
13 points