Events Questions

1 Votes
9 Answers
4.04K Views
What communication and project management tools work well for Startup Weekend?

With only 54 hours to build an app that's the basis for a business, a bunch of people who haven't worked together before will be doing a lot of things at once. Communications challenges minimizing...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 02:26
Blank
Jon Pincus
52 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
Any networks for female founders in Silicon Valley? We're a minority.

Are there any events or networking opportunities specifically for female founders in the bay area?

asked Feb 26 '14 at 18:47
Blank
Nichole Willhite
7 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
Where do you go for naming resources help?

We are working on a site which will basically be an event directory/ aggregator for tech and business events, conferences, workshops, etc. Focused on tech events. We don't have the money to...

asked May 16 '10 at 12:08
Blank
Jessica
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
Doubtful about going to a startup week-end

A couple of time I heard about people quite interesting by entrepreneurship, but not sure of themselves. They have no strong design or technical backgrounds and they don't necessarily feel skilled...

asked Oct 8 '13 at 03:56
Blank
As Te R
115 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.91K Views
Website promotion

Sometimes when you create an account in some websites they send you promotional material like stickers and shirts of their company and other companies. I am starting a website and want to do a...

asked Sep 10 '13 at 13:03
Blank
User2636368
8 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
Do I need to incorporate in the US to run events?

I'm from Germany and want to run small events (around 50 participants) in the United States, which involve the sale of tickets (probably online) and payment to contractors which contribute to the...

asked Feb 16 '12 at 08:05
Blank
Benjamin
16 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.45K Views
Are there any good conference/event planning services?

does anyone know any good services that can help to plan and manage conferences and other type of events? Especially twitter/facebook oriented. I had to organize a small con recently, and couldn't...

asked Mar 18 '11 at 23:35
Blank
Riz
8 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
Logistics for a Live Event-what do you think?

I thought I'd ask your advice on something. I'm bringing in a negotiation coach to do a 60 min live presentation in Jan for the local audience of wedding pros. I've been the speaker at these types...

asked Dec 3 '10 at 02:49
Blank
Dina Eisenberg
16 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
1.96K Views
What advice have you for getting the most from a Startup Weekend event?

I'm an experienced web developer, but somewhat new to the startup world. I've consulted for some tech startups in the past, and of course started the Drupal shop where I currently work. I recently...

asked Nov 4 '10 at 10:21
Blank
Hedge Mage
1,438 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
When startup people get together to work on their startups, they become motivated. How do we get more events like these happening?

One large problem for a lot of entrepreneurs, regardless of whether it's their first startup or their eighth, is motivation. We slowly become less motivated due to delays, or thinking about how...

asked May 12 '10 at 09:13
Blank
Mark Bao
604 points