Facebook Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.76K Views
Advertising campaigns that drive mobile downloads

I want to run an advertising campaign that will drive downloads of my mobile app. I'm open to AdWords, Facebook ads, Reddit self-serve ads, AdMob ads that appear on mobile devices etc. The mobile...

asked Jun 9 '12 at 11:43
Blank
Sunday Monday
167 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
Can a business page on facebook sell it's status updates?

As the owner of a business with a Facebook "place" page I wanted to know if I could sell status/post updates to my fans to various suppliers of goods and services in the area? Having started a...

asked Mar 21 '12 at 23:27
Blank
Jamie
6 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
6.78K Views
Can you sell ad space within Facebook?

Does Facebook's Terms of Service allow you to sell ad or banner space on your own tab page or canvas application within Facebook?

asked Feb 16 '12 at 02:13
Blank
Mike Barwick
133 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
Generating ad revenue from Facebook fan page/application

We are planning to create a facebook fan page/application which has the potential of driving in a daily traffic of 100,000.However,we are not clear about the revenue generating model.Is there any...

asked Dec 13 '11 at 16:26
Blank
User14997
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.62K Views
How to businesses start with facebook fans?

How do new businesses that are in their startup stages immediedtly have thousands of facebook fans? Do they hire a PR firm to get this going? Thanks

asked Dec 2 '11 at 13:37
Blank
Sk24iam
344 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
Has anyone ever used one of the buy Facebook fan sites?

I just set up a Facebook page for a totally new business along with a teaser page. The Facebook page is looking a little lost. I still have some work to do to spruce it up and give it a little more...

asked Nov 7 '11 at 10:41
Blank
Lloyd
360 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.36K Views
Benefits of building an app on Facebook

What are the benefits of building a web app on Facebook opposed to an independent website? Any responses welcome, Thanks

asked Oct 1 '11 at 03:28
Blank
Logi Kal
37 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.04K Views
What advantages do tech startups with tax exempt 501(c)(3) status enjoy beyond tax exemption, if any?

This past March I co-founded a (for-profit) NV corporation, which created a Facebook App in the C2C social gifting space. This software, however, can be used in multiple industries, and I wanted to...

asked Oct 5 '11 at 07:21
Blank
Robert J Valli
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
Looking for a tool to find search trends in Facebook

I am looking for an analytics tool à la Google keyword but for Facebook. I'd like to find info about how many people search for X and Y in Facebook search field. Is there anything like Google...

asked Sep 19 '11 at 01:14
Blank
Phil Go20
133 points

10 Votes
4 Answers
2.83K Views
What are the Pro's and Con's of using log in with Facebook or log in with Google?

I have seen more and more websites allowing you to log in with your facebook or google account. I am in the process of building a new website and I am wondering what the pro's and con's of doing...

asked Sep 13 '11 at 02:02
Blank
Don Tarinelli
51 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.02K Views
Should we purchase Twitter an Facebook followers to show interest?

We have our presentation at startup weekend later today. Is it a recommended strategy to purchase follower lists on our Twitter and Facebook fan page sites to show interest? Or would that be...

asked Aug 14 '11 at 08:30
Blank
Adarsh
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.7K Views
Facebook cash flow guidance

What is the number of monthly active users that a facebook app must have in order to make $1000/month. I know there is no clear answer, but some guidelines would be great

asked Jul 19 '11 at 20:39
Blank
Ryan
147 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
SERP depend on the number of Facebook's "likes"?

Does search engine results page (SERP) depend on the number of Facebook's "likes"?

asked Jun 29 '11 at 04:49
Blank
User11568
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
6.31K Views
Can I use the Facebook like button with thumb for commercial use?

I would like to know if I can use the thumb from Facebook for commercial use? I've seen it on a stamp (http://gizmodo.com/5561499/we-really-like-the-facebook-like-button-rubber-stamp), but is that...

asked Jun 17 '11 at 00:52
Blank
Priktop
103 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Social Network Idea

I have an idea of a social network site. I think that technically I can make this idea as a facebook application, but commercially speaking, what are the disadvantages and the advantages of doing...

asked Jun 5 '11 at 07:07
Blank
Daniel
24 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Facebook pages for different websites

I am having problems getting my head around facebook pages. I'm a technical guy, and I have read the facebook docs as well as a few blogs on why to use facebook pages - however, I don't quite get...

asked Jun 9 '11 at 00:58
Blank
Voidstar
55 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
Facebook information about number of times people share or like a website?

How can I get Facebook information about the number of times people shared or liked a website? and how reliable is the information?

asked Apr 2 '11 at 03:36
Blank
Tucson
714 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
1.89K Views
How many users do you lose when you don't have a password authentication system?

If you don't use a username/email and password authentication system and limit yourself to tweeter, facebook, other oauth and openid providers, how many users will you lose? How many will never...

asked Mar 1 '11 at 18:49
Blank
J. Pablo Fernández
412 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
Facebook - Like the Page or App, or Like the Site URL?

I've been working on a passion-project for a while called Pi Day Challenge - it's a site designed to inspire people about math and celebrate 3/14. One thing that I thought about tonight was...

asked Jan 30 '11 at 19:19
Blank
Alex Cook
641 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
The network effect: your best friend - your worst enemy

The network effect is the thing that makes certain products or services useless until everybody is on board. But once everybody is on board then said product or service becomes very useful. Case...

asked Dec 10 '10 at 03:34
Blank
John Berryman
388 points