Finance Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
4K Views
Company formation for forex trading and paying taxes

I do work with currencies trading (Forex), I do have Forex traders who trade with my capital, and it is increasing gradually. What I want to do is to find a solution which allows me to run trading...

asked May 1 '13 at 23:38
Blank
Trading Fx
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
Describing an Upfront Cost in an Invoice Description?

My client and I have agreed to 2 payments. One is due right after signing the contract (due 7 days after) and another when the product is completed. I'm currently drafting the invoice for the...

asked May 9 '13 at 11:12
Blank
Cloudy Days
18 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
Do Open Finances and Wages Build Trust in a Company?

Please only answer if you have personal experience with this topic. I've been hearing of more and more companies that choose to openly display their finances and/or employee wages to all employees...

asked Feb 28 '13 at 02:25
Blank
Jeremiah Prummer
441 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.23K Views
Tracking all work/items-delivered are invoiced

We are a small business and use Xero.com (which is an accounting system without ERP functionality). What we have found that we have at times lost track of items requested by the customer, and have...

asked Feb 10 '13 at 05:57
Blank
G18c
113 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
Is there a method for creating achievable financial forecasts?

Is there a method or set of methods for writing the financial forecasts and profit loss statements for the next two years of business when you have never actually traded? These documents are often...

asked Feb 4 '13 at 14:46
Blank
Matthew
63 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.82K Views
Calculating mileage for reimbursement

My wife is starting as a dance instructor while working at a regular job. Her studio space requires that she drive a fair distance to and from the house, and I have a couple of questions on how to...

asked Jan 14 '13 at 04:56
Blank
John P
101 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.91K Views
Rates where the Money Back Guarantees option is used

I have read several other posts on Money Back Guarantees, but none address my question, which is related to expense budgeting. We will be offering a service where we represent the interests of...

asked Jan 17 '13 at 19:25
Blank
Elenesski
100 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.15K Views
Projecting Sales for Web Dev Business Plan

I am putting together a business plan for my Web Development startup. Cost of materials, marketing, etc. are the easy (fixed or one-time cost) parts - but I am trying to figure out how to create a...

asked Dec 18 '12 at 09:00
Blank
Itamar
116 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
7.87K Views
Inactive co-founder holds 33% but refuses to dilute

We are 3 founders in the business. The two are working as close to full-time as we can given we dont receive a salary, we each hold 44% and 23% which leaves the last partner with 33%. He has been...

asked Dec 9 '12 at 13:46
Blank
Seventy Six
1 point

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.64K Views
Seed funding question

We are in our seed round and the investors are asking for preferred shares of the company and terms that they own a percentage of the code/software and a percentage of the patent rights. We are...

asked Nov 30 '12 at 14:46
Blank
Devin Shavenoff
8 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
Holding and spending USD from Australia

My business is based in Australia, but most of my sales are made in the USA in US dollars, and most of the bills my business pays are also paid in USD (via debit card). I know that some...

asked Oct 16 '12 at 13:27
Blank
Paul Stovell
204 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.78K Views
Evaluating an online venture on the basis of user acquisition and traffic

How can I evaluate my online venture on the basis of traffic and user acquisition to estimate the value of my company and do financial projections. Say, an online venture has 1000 registered users...

asked Sep 19 '12 at 03:42
Blank
Sourabh
288 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.4K Views
What to do when an investor ask for a percentage of future revenues

We have a profitable hardware and SaaS business. some clients want to obtain a 12-month financing to buy our hardware. we need extra money to allow it. that would increase our monthly income by...

asked Aug 24 '12 at 02:14
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
Investor has $50,000 for 1/3 of startup company, founders have only $20,000 for 2/3 of company. How should the company be structured?

During the incorporation of a company, my business partner and I decided to put in $1000 for 1000 shares in the new company. The equity was split 33%, 67%. So I had 670 shares, and business partner...

asked Jul 19 '12 at 14:31
Blank
Mark
21 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
is depreciation an operating expense or not

Depreciation is added in operating expense, but Depreciation is an expensible item that does not actually cause a decrease in Cash Flow, so Depreciation is backed out of the Cash Spent...

asked Jun 5 '12 at 22:21
Blank
Aaryan
4 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
I'm an English man living in Germany, where should I register my business?

I suppose this question would be useful to anyone who is natively from one country but living in another setting up a business. I'm an English man currently with a business bank account and sole...

asked May 25 '12 at 17:59
Blank
Littlejim84
141 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.66K Views
Buy or Rent/Lease

Assuming a venture-backed startup with seed financing that plans to raise further rounds: does it make sense to buy things or should it go for renting/leasing? "Renting" something (office...

asked May 31 '12 at 23:28
Blank
Sascha Konietzke
118 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.04K Views
Do companies get taxed on money deposited by owners?

I just started a business (startup) and wanted to do the right thing by having a bank account for the company and putting all the business expenses on the business account. Now, I am in NY and I...

asked May 3 '12 at 00:24
Blank
Ariel
138 points

-2 Votes
2 Answers
1.58K Views
What is more important: growth or margins?

I have a startup which is 2 years old. I would like to know whether I should be more concerned about growth or profit margins? My startup is a software development firm.

asked Apr 17 '12 at 10:32
Blank
Meetpd
99 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
2.8K Views
How do I prove my finances to a partner? My partner is afraid I will not give him his full cut

I own and operate a company selling products online. A partner is stepping in and wants to sell our product line across it's websites. However, my company will accept the payments from the...

asked Apr 18 '12 at 00:49
Blank
Alexandre H. Tremblay
186 points