Finance Questions

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.6K Views
How should I charge web customers for small transaction amounts?

EDIT 1: So in short, is there a free way for me to get $1 from a customer and send that $1 to my bank account. If free is not an option, what is the cheapest way for me to get that $1 to my bank...

asked Mar 16 '11 at 19:09
Blank
Oshirowanen
201 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.49K Views
Best way to pay users

Lets say I make the next google ads service (hypothetically speaking), how can I pay my users in more or less real time? with minimal or no additional cost to the company.

asked Mar 17 '11 at 01:14
Blank
Nami
113 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
4.32K Views
Do I need 1099-MISC forms for someone paid via paypal?

If I pay someone via paypal, do I still have to fill in the 1099 and/or w forms?

asked Mar 17 '11 at 19:00
Blank
Oshirowanen
201 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
3.13K Views
Cloud-based accounting software

I am in the process of starting a business. The nature of the business is Photography (weddings, etc.). What would be a good accounting software solution (preferably cloud-based or SaaS)?

asked Mar 18 '11 at 05:38
Blank
Brian David Berman
140 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.81K Views
How do you produce an accurate financial forecast if you have no operating history?

Our company has been asked to produce a financial forecast. Normally you would use data from similar businesses in the same industry. But, how can we do this when our business model is different...

asked Mar 10 '11 at 10:00
Blank
167 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.83K Views
What/who decides which stock exchange a company is listed on?

What/who decides which stock exchange a company is listed on? How is the decision taken (if it's actually a decision)?

asked Jan 30 '11 at 10:20
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.43K Views
What costs are involved in operating a Web subscription service?

I am in the process of determining the pricing details for a subscription service (I have the standard, premium and plus accounts) and I'd like to create a spreadsheet of what expenses are involved...

asked Jan 3 '11 at 06:01
Blank
User3462
345 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Simplest way to financially accept ad revenue?

I am a professional developer with a couple of hobby websites. I have been paying hosting costs out of my pocket over the last couple of years and don't really mind as the users have been grateful....

asked Jan 12 '11 at 09:14
Blank
Blu
113 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Financial foresight for a new project

Greetings, with a friend of mine, we will be applying to a governmental program that financially assists young entrepreneurs to start their own startup company. Our project is a form of product...

asked Dec 18 '10 at 23:30
Blank
Hellnar
116 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
7.39K Views
Anti-dilution for founders?

I read that it is common/possible for investors to ask for anti-dilution clauses. Is there a way a co-founder can protect himself against dilution? Of course, dilution will eventually happen...

asked Nov 20 '10 at 08:14
Blank
Filippo Diotalevi
2,573 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Is there a minimum amount of money to become taxable?

Is there such thing as not making enough money to get taxed in NY state? What is that amount?

asked Nov 21 '10 at 09:38
Blank
Moshe
409 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2K Views
Starting an Escrow Service..?

Anyone know what, if any, legal hoops one has to jump through to start an escrow service? Such a service, similar to how it works on Rentacoder et al, would be a core feature of a new project I...

asked Nov 15 '10 at 21:31
Blank
Alan C
66 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.84K Views
how do you financially support yourself during start up?

I am looking for some suggestions. Currently I am in a startup, finishing my product. I can't get a job because I am working all week long all day on the product, and nearing completion... I...

asked Nov 15 '10 at 23:41
Blank
Kim Jong Woo
644 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
How do you structure/run your company to ensure you maintain control over the finances?

I've repeatedly heard the advice (from successful business owners) to not give up direct control over the company finances. It seems that enough founders out there have been burned by seemingly...

asked Oct 24 '10 at 08:19
Blank
Chris Hagner
881 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.75K Views
Making a new business investment with my long-term employer

My employer of 5 years is looking to start a side-business that complements our current business. We're a software developer and I'm his lead developer and longest employee. I trust him implicitly,...

asked Oct 25 '10 at 10:01
Blank
Mark Henderson
111 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
What is My Business Worth?

I have recently approached my business partner with a request to buy out his membership in our LLC. His involvement as of late is declining and a buy out was something we had planned on from day 1....

asked Oct 30 '10 at 05:23
Blank
Nclark
21 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
5.92K Views
Is it possible to delay customer invoices to the next financial year so I can save tax?

I'm operating a startup in its 1st year. This year's sales from consulting services is very good but the pipeline for next financial year is very very weak. My question is, legally, can I delay...

asked Oct 10 '10 at 06:43
Blank
User4737
26 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
Thoughts invited on unconventional ways of raising money

As I learn, fundraising is always a nightmare. It drains a considerable amount of energy. No matter how promising the pitch you make, it's not sure to entice an Angel or a VC. Even if they agree,...

asked Oct 21 '10 at 17:43
Blank
Sandeep Satavlekar
325 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.28K Views
What are some considerations you should make when borrowing money from friends and family to seed a startup?

The question speaks for itself. There are similar questions, but I didn't find one that provides a checklist of things you should consider before and after borrowing money to fund your...

asked Sep 10 '10 at 08:40
Blank
Javid Jamae
347 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.55K Views
Will my relocation greatly affect my business? My business fields are language interpretation, real estate market, travel market, internationanl trade market

I am building my own business and tentatively I will go into business interpretation, real estate market, travel market, and international trade market. I am trilingual and I like to travel around...

asked Aug 14 '10 at 21:07
Blank
Steven
1 point