Foreign Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.17K Views
Best offshore merchant account

What is a good options for an offshore merchant account? I'm not located in the US where it is easy to get a good merchant account, do you know of any good options in offshore locations? The...

asked Feb 6 '10 at 13:31
Blank
Rob
151 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.28K Views
Starting an internet company in USA as a foreigner

I am a student in USA. And I have an idea for a startup. I have people with me (US Citizens) who are willing to help me establishing this company.So i am wondering now what do i need to do...

asked Mar 16 '12 at 01:39
Blank
Jeet Robert
6 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
18.3K Views
I'm setting up a US branch/subsidiary of a UK-based company. How do I go about this?

A company that I'm working for is registered as a UK limited company. How would I go about setting up a US branch/subsidiary of this company? Should I register as an LLC, S Corp, C Corp, or...

asked May 10 '10 at 06:36
Blank
Mark Bao
604 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.91K Views
UK Company Doing US Start-Up

UK company wants to start up a subsidiary in the US. The first employee and the person heading it up will be a Canadian citizen living in Montreal. What issues if any does this structure pose?

asked Sep 20 '13 at 06:39
Blank
Jim Thompson
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Stock options for overseas contractors

Our company is a US based software start-up. We have 3-4 contractors in India (Indian citizens, never worked in US) and we pay them directly. We are considering issuing stock options to them. I...

asked Jul 23 '13 at 03:38
Blank
User27108
6 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.19K Views
Is immigrating to the US really that hard for foreign entrepreneurs?

I keep reading about the high percentage of tech startups in the US that are founded by immigrant entrepreneurs (39% in California ). I also keep reading about how hard immigrating to the US is for...

asked Apr 6 '13 at 16:01
Blank
Tyler
24 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.69K Views
Forming a US LLC and paying taxes while outside the US

I am currently a resident alien in Virginia. I have been in the US since November 2011 (never left) and I have a J-1 visa, which expires on February 2014. I am going to leave US and go back to my...

asked Apr 17 '13 at 07:39
Blank
Tolgamorf
103 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.6K Views
Advice on the need for a foreign subsidiary

We'd like to startup a company that is seen as a UK company and be governed by UK laws, including Privacy laws. However, all of our operations, management and control will reside in Canada at least...

asked Jan 29 '13 at 06:34
Blank
Kate
99 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Set up an American corporation for a foreign national

I know a US citizen, I'll refer to as Frank, who was approached by a friends brother, Harry, who owns a mobile data account management company in Canada. This company currently purchases accounts...

asked Feb 7 '13 at 06:52
Blank
Kyle Weller
108 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.11K Views
How to open a UK business bank account without being physically present?

We are moving our company to Scotland in a few months. We wanted to open a business bank account in advance without using an agent. We tried RBS, but to no avail. How can we open a business bank...

asked Jan 16 '13 at 23:48
Blank
Kraken
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
Register company in UK or France for French internet startup

I am a UK based web developer currently building a French language affiliate marketing website to be hosted in France. My business partners are French and I am trying to decide whether my business...

asked Nov 20 '12 at 05:01
Blank
Brian
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
What do I need to file on the US side if I want to set up a subsidiary (software development team) in China?

Here is my situation, I'm running a single-person C-Corp in the US. (I'm a US permanent resident). My company is running several content-rich websites (focus on US market), the advertising revenue...

asked Nov 8 '12 at 09:16
Blank
Silent
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
How to define US income on international sales?

I'm from Guatemala and i own a company here with license to export. Two days ago I ask another question here: Tax deduction for imported IT goods and services and @littleadv has given me a very...

asked Oct 2 '12 at 03:09
Blank
Darwin
110 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
Ballpark figure on one-time tax accountant fees

I've registered an LLC in the US as a foreigner. Registration was no problem, but I find the specific tax laws and regulations difficult, especially because it's hard to find clear information on...

asked Aug 17 '12 at 10:10
Blank
User
192 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.84K Views
Starting a company in the US as a foreigner

I am a student from Germany, and I want to start a company in the US. I've given starting it here first and then eventually expanding to the US some serious consideration, however, the chances of...

asked Jul 22 '12 at 08:43
Blank
Alex
51 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.77K Views
Set up a US branch of my Luxembourg company?

I run a small Luxembourg-based consulting company and I'm about to start organizing events such as short seminars (2 hours) to long workshops (up to 5 days). I'd like to tour the USA and possibly...

asked Jun 25 '12 at 23:24
Blank
Roy Dictus
343 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
9.39K Views
Are there any reasons I can't issue options to foreign contractors?

My company is a U.S. C-Corp and we have recently created a stock option plan that allows for both ISO and NSO option grants. We have a foreign contractor located in China who does work for the...

asked Jun 1 '12 at 08:47
Blank
Tricia Yee
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
Having a US presence for an Indian software firm

We have setup a partnership firm having 2 partners in India. We are a software firm and having client base mainly in US, so we want to show our presence in US by putting our US address on our...

asked May 20 '12 at 03:54
Blank
User18025
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
What is the best way for a foreign individual to incorporate in US to use payment services?

My business model is subscription based therefore I need to use a payment service that is practical for this purpose. Unfortunately, as far as I researched, such services are only available to US...

asked May 6 '12 at 16:49
Blank
Kaan Soral
66 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
Self-employed would like to hire non-US

I am a self-employed political consultant and would like to hire a non-US citizen to help me work on EU-US relations and have him work with me in the US. I am confident that his expertise cannot be...

asked Apr 20 '12 at 23:22
Blank
John
6 points