Foreign Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
How to look for foreign customers via E-conmmerce?

I am now developing foreign market on bussiness of paper packaging products, like folding boxes, blister cards, brochures etc. You can refer to our website link text. Maybe a litter simple, i will...

asked Oct 12 '10 at 16:12
Blank
Jora Niu
3 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.25K Views
Foreigner starting a business in the USA

I am officially a "legal alien allowed to work" in the USA (I have a F-1 student visa). I know I cannot work anywhere else, but the university I attend (and no more than 20h a week). I would like...

asked Oct 15 '10 at 09:04
Blank
Jacek
116 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.18K Views
Becoming a freelancer: where to start? (Taxes, registration, income/expenses...)

Not sure if this is the right site for freelancers, but becoming a freelancer is kinda a one-man start-up. Anyway, my question would be, where to start. I only have a technical education and I...

asked Sep 27 '10 at 07:47
Blank
Znq
164 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.34K Views
Under what scenario would an out of state LLC NOT have to be registered?

There are a number of people asking somewhat similar questions on here, and typically the answer is a combination of: "You need to register as an out of state LLC" "There is no reason to not...

asked Oct 2 '10 at 02:08
Blank
User4581
11 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.51K Views
Is this ok to bring foreigner as a cofounder?

I am looking for a technical co-founder, but unfortunately my local relatives are not willing or not quialified enough for the task so I am thinking where else I could find a partner. I know a...

asked Jul 18 '10 at 23:32
Blank
Alex Radzie
40 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.96K Views
US firm contracting and/or operating in Belgium

I have a US Limited Liability Company (a partnership) which does business in the US. We are a design and web development firm, providing web application design and development as well as web...

asked Jun 1 '10 at 02:50
Blank
Bennylope
103 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.75K Views
Foreign Incorporation utilizing USA

I'm a Canadian citizen living in Canada and I've been investigating putting together a US-based corporation. My partner is a US citizen, but it appears that it will be difficult for me to be able...

asked Apr 24 '10 at 07:08
Blank
Startup Advice
55 points

20 Votes
10 Answers
4.76K Views
Am I aiming too high, or maybe I'm just not meant to be an entrepreneur?

I live in Mexico, and come from a middle-low class family (and that's third world middle-low class) and all my life I've had in me this entrepreneurial dream which I have not been able to make...

asked Jan 9 '10 at 07:12
Blank
Soska
103 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.79K Views
Startup in a 3rd world Country, What are our options?

I co-founded a startup that has a product belonging in the social media space and will launch a public beta in two weeks. We are located in the Philippines but we are targeting US/UK users. I am...

asked Dec 27 '09 at 19:14
Blank
Eric
352 points

9 Votes
2 Answers
9.5K Views
Is there a legal way for a foreigner to start a business in US?

I am on a work visa (H1-B) in the US. From what I understand, the only way for me to make money is through my employer. I've some skills that I think I can use to create a product (or website...

asked Jan 5 '10 at 06:20
Blank
User2143
56 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
5.45K Views
Subsidiary or Branch Abroad?

I've found a question that I found interesting, and would like some feedback as to what you all think..... Back-story: A web-based company wants to operate in foreign country to increase sales and...

asked Nov 26 '09 at 04:09
Blank
Nbeecroft
515 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.7K Views
Can you registers a LLC if you're not in the US?

Is it possible for a foreign company to register a LLC in the US?

asked Oct 10 '09 at 13:33
Blank
Sean Lin
143 points