Founders Agreement Questions

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.54K Views
How to divide equity among 6 founders when you desire to also get VC funding

I am looking to create a company with 6 founders. Reason being...I need them all and they are all genius. Because they are all already highly compensated at great companies, equity will be my only...

asked Dec 22 '11 at 10:02
Blank
Dustin
11 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
5.27K Views
Allocating equity - equal cash investment - unequal time investment

I am getting involved in a small start up - we have been discussing (3 partners) this for a few months and now is time to get everything settled. We originally discussed a certain time allocation...

asked Nov 24 '11 at 20:53
Blank
Goldenone
21 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.55K Views
Co-Founders in multiple countries

I am working on an idea With friends across the continent, and we would like to go into development together and build the market in both the countries at the same time.Currently and in the...

asked Oct 8 '11 at 15:56
Blank
Shree Mandadi
599 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.67K Views
Sample agreements document for founders

Are there any good and short agreements document for founders? (not investors) Focusing on: Responsibility, e.g. hours of work (some of them may not be fulltime) Vesting period Any hints?

asked Sep 25 '11 at 03:28
Blank
Howard
126 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.07K Views
Considerations such as vesting for Founder Agreement

I'm planning to file a Delaware LLC for a partnership where I'm the majority owner of our self-funded startup. One key goal for me is to incorporate a vesting option among owners where equity is...

asked Sep 28 '11 at 05:35
Blank
Sheepish
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.45K Views
Founder stocks and Employee pool

Is it common to issue equity to CEO as Preferred stock but other co-founders as Common stock? When setting up a 20% employee pool, it is common to have terms that the unissued equity will be...

asked Jul 23 '11 at 13:52
Blank
Howard
126 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.78K Views
What can a co-founder do to have a say in the company when everything goes in favour of the main founder?

A two signatory account will be created but the main founder can sign without the co-founder signature; on the other side, the co- founder can not sign without the main founder's...

asked Jul 6 '11 at 02:58
Blank
Ola
11 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.69K Views
How do I protect myself from being cut out once the core software is built?

Not that I have any reason to suspect that this would happen, but to be diligent, I need some advice on this. I have been invited on board with a promising new Software as a Service web project,...

asked Oct 22 '10 at 05:31
Blank
Bomb Defused
227 points

10 Votes
8 Answers
8.58K Views
Contract with co-founder signed before starting startup?

Co-founder is someone we really trust. But still there is a possibility for dispute. Is it better to put everything in writing and sign it before starting startup? Is it worth to pay legal fee...

asked Oct 12 '09 at 23:47
Blank
Web Thinker
430 points