Funding Questions

Everything you need to know to fund and raise capital for your startup or small business. Advice from entrepreneurs and investors.

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
Beta Crowdfunding

We are launching our startup, and would like to crowdfund a beta. Since the service already exists, the users would donate, and get their accounts first before everyone else can sign up - with...

asked Nov 21 '13 at 01:18
Blank
Erik Aigner
116 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Do Angels And VC Look Favourably On Prospective Investees Where Protected Equity Holdings Exist

as a means to enable investment of non fiscal resources across a wide range of disciplines into early stage enterprises we have devised a protected equity model that sees 'sweat equity investors'...

asked Nov 1 '13 at 00:33
Blank
Emile Emiabata
1 point

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.92K Views
Do all parties in a Venture round get an equal stake for their money

When you hear about a "$10M Series X round lead by X" and see that it is a consortium of 5 different funds / investors do all the parties get an equal stake for their share. ie. if there where 5...

asked Oct 11 '13 at 06:02
Blank
Sam
123 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
Are there ANY sources of seed funding for UK Startups that aren't "tech" related

I'm looking for funding for a business, lets say its the "creative / media" market. I am trying to get seed Equity funding but am hitting a brick wall trying to find this. all investment groups /...

asked Sep 10 '13 at 18:24
Blank
Darkcat Studios
190 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.27K Views
What exactly does Bootstrap, Series A, Series B, etc. mean?

On a website that hosts startups I saw these terms next to "funding": Bootstrapped Seed Round Series A Series B Series C Can anyone please explain what exactly are all these terms? I found a...

asked Sep 27 '13 at 19:42
Blank
Cristic84
3 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.99K Views
How can i get funding for a construction business startup?

I am currently building a construction business that is heavily driven by systems and processes, the system is built on the basis of engagement and transparency at all levels to ensure that...

asked Sep 2 '13 at 21:29
Blank
Rsimms
6 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.72K Views
Question: Startup Equity Distribution

I am planning to startup in a few months and I need some advice. The startup cost should not exceed $10,000 and I will share equity with a partner. How many shares should we authorize? How much...

asked Sep 5 '13 at 10:46
Blank
User27734
1 point

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.64K Views
Got the niche, business model, system design, waiting customers...need to build it.

Classic Chicken or Egg Dilemma: I need to raise funds to build the system I have designed. I need the system built to generate revenue from my customer. I need to be generating revenue to raise...

asked Aug 14 '13 at 14:36
Blank
W00dc4ip
18 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.85K Views
How to raise funding without a prototype

I would greatly appreciate some guidance or ideas of more experienced entrepreneurs. I am working on a complex startup that involves the development of a robot with complex software. In order to...

asked Jul 15 '13 at 06:01
Blank
Pmolina7
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.85K Views
Unique product. No investors

I've patented my idea in several countries but am having problems sourcing for capital. I've customers who've indicated their interest in my product but I'm unable to locate funders. Everyone I...

asked Jun 14 '13 at 15:35
Blank
Kris
6 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.77K Views
When is the best time to look for seed funding for a web-based app - before launch or after?

I have been developing a web-based eCommerce niche app for the past year and am getting close to launching. While I cannot disclose too many details, lets just call it a sort of Shopify, but taking...

asked Jul 2 '13 at 22:01
Blank
User1227914
131 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
about launching concurrent projects

yes, I have a couple of them that I do not want to give up any. Supposing they all got very positive feedback from very initial surveys, I would like to request your views on the possibility of...

asked Apr 27 '13 at 01:07
Blank
Menesa
6 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.62K Views
How do investors feel about investing in an outsourced MVP?

We are a semi non-technical team, that has access to technical people that will oversee the technical side of the build. Our thoughts, are to use the working MVP to validate the idea, and hopefully...

asked Apr 28 '13 at 05:16
Blank
Derek
164 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.74K Views
Investing in startups online

I've seen plenty of websites that utilize philanthropic crowd-funding, but I'm unable to find any websites that allow people to purchase equity online. Are there any? If not, for what...

asked May 4 '13 at 11:07
Blank
Steve
3 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
Sharing too much/too little information

I am a recent co-founder of a local start up called HeartCode in Singapore and we're looking for funding to support our operations and product. We have a very strong start-up idea and I took the...

asked Mar 8 '13 at 14:24
Blank
Mauris
113 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
Meeting with "right" folks?

I have developed a brand new product that meets all the financial (cost / price / marketetr size, etc.) hurdles, as well as the operational constraints (size, weight, strength, portability,...

asked Mar 11 '13 at 12:03
Blank
Charlie
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.66K Views
What is a lead investor?

On TechCrunch, I often see articles saying Company FooBar raised $10M in a Series A round, lead by Ventures Inc. In this context, who are "Ventures Inc"? What does it mean that they lead the...

asked Mar 21 '13 at 10:56
Blank
Marty Pitt
171 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Seeking For Start Up Funding

I am an entrepreneur in Zimbabwe, Africa seeking for funding to start up an import business of mobbile phones and accessories in our country from China and Dubai. How can i easily get a partner or...

asked Feb 20 '13 at 20:11
Blank
User25117
6 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.8K Views
What Should I do as Founder

Hope you can help me out with little advice here. I recently founded a website and I have no technical programming. Perhaps I was lucky that I found a rich partner who can't work full time. But he...

asked Feb 23 '13 at 22:35
Blank
Trana
24 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.31K Views
Do I need funding? If yes What type of?

I am going to become first generation entrepreneur. I don't understand the actual meaning of VC, angel funding, seed funding. etc. Where can I know the meaning of all these type of funding? Which...

asked Feb 24 '13 at 18:15
Blank
Abhijit Navale
245 points