Gaming Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
5.03K Views
What's the best way to get into contact with game developers?

I'm part of a team that is in my university's startup competition, a big event with a big prize for the winning team. As part of the competition, teams have to contact the people who represent...

asked Oct 28 '13 at 08:16
Blank
Chris Conlon
3 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.54K Views
Is dominoes game public domain

I'm contemplating writing an Android version of the dominoes game which I'll release in Google Play and I wondered if there's a chance of committing a copyright infringement by doing so. I did a...

asked May 27 '13 at 14:49
Blank
Asenovm
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
How much equity should these founders have?

Me and my 3 partners are in the early stages of a gaming start up company. We are now looking to split the initial equity in the company because we are not all on equal terms. Person#1 is an...

asked Feb 13 '13 at 13:30
Blank
David Menard
101 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
Joint ventures: how much to charge?

I have developed a game and I intend to offer it in my friend's website. His website has a lot of visitors. We discussed the idea, and to make it profitable, his idea is to add banners from...

asked Jan 10 '13 at 20:52
Blank
Junior Mayhé
138 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Getting a team of developers to join the bandwagon

I've been planning a social web app for about 12 months now, we have a large project team of about 23 members, a few technical team members but they're all currently busy with study or current...

asked Oct 6 '12 at 06:07
Blank
Will S
6 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
Salary and profit distribution in game industry?

A couple years ago, I started a group/team of passionate people in game development. I was the one who had the idea to form a group that will (hopefully) later be a company/real studio. I was the...

asked Oct 9 '12 at 19:12
Blank
Drowneath
21 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
6.94K Views
What sort of business type is a video game company? Manufacturing?

I am a college student and I am supposed to be creating a business plan for a school project. I decided to create a faux video game company in order to satisfy the criteria of the project, but I've...

asked Jun 8 '12 at 08:22
Blank
Nicholas Coovert
3 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.02K Views
Incubators in Los Angeles or Orange County

Does anyone know where I could find a (comprehensive) list of start-up incubators around Los Angeles or in Orange County? I already have some connections in the area, but most seem to be oriented...

asked Jan 9 '12 at 13:46
Blank
David Titarenco
405 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
Interactive Educational Game

I'm a high school Special Education teacher who would like to develop an online educational game for students with disabilities. My current tech skills are minimal. Since my idea is in its infancy,...

asked Jan 17 '12 at 04:08
Blank
Nyc Teacher
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
Does anyone have advice about entering the social media apps and games space?

I'm interested in entering the social media apps and games space. I personally have several years of experience in interactive media development for the web (both programming and design) and some...

asked Oct 12 '09 at 09:41
Blank
Blysulvan
11 points