Geography Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
My UK based SaaS product is not showing up in US searches

I reckon I should get at least 5x searches form the US as from the UK, just by population metrics. I get a tiny amount of US searches. (Which ironically convert much better.) Is Google excluding...

asked Nov 29 '13 at 01:52
Blank
Robert Wringham
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Extending my social network into new city while retaining my current network

In the next few years I might want to move to a new city with my wife. However there are two problems here: 1) I have developed a pretty decent social network here in my current city and I don't...

asked Dec 1 '11 at 23:45
Blank
John Berryman
388 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
Tapping into China with a social website

I have the personal understanding, the ability to restructure my site so it is appealing to the Chinese audience and enough expat Chinese friends to test the hell out of my startup website. What I...

asked May 23 '11 at 12:09
Blank
Xiaohouzi79
1,257 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
Silicon Valley vs NYC for tech startup

So the startup culture and ecosystem is also emerging in NYC...how would you compare the ecosystem between NYC and Silicon Valley, what the pros and cons of each is and what can one offer that the...

asked Mar 28 '11 at 15:22
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.52K Views
Startup companies in Germany

Does anyone know of any lists of startup companies in Germany? (Please see OnStarups question 19093 for incubators in Germany)

asked Jan 13 '11 at 09:06
Blank
Chris
140 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.77K Views
How do I select a legal advisor for a global web 2.0 website geography-wise?

I’d appreciate some advice on selecting a legal advisor geography-wise. I am in the process of developing a globally oriented Web 2.0 site. I am based in Australia and we are incorporating in...

asked Jan 13 '11 at 17:31
Blank
Trish
186 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.69K Views
Is there a list of incubators or startup communities that are based in Germany?

There are lots of lists of incubators around (eg please see OnStartups question 8614 ) however the majority are based in the US, with just a few in Europe. (Please see OnStartups question 18887...

asked Jan 18 '11 at 08:19
Blank
Chris
140 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.64K Views
Should I look for an attorney that is in another city?

I live in Houston, but many of the attorneys that deal with software startups (the type of business I'm involved in) are in Austin. Is it wise to find an attorney in another city to handle business...

asked Sep 10 '10 at 08:46
Blank
Javid Jamae
347 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Successes from afar; rules or exception?

We know the web is giving a world without border and all flat world wholesomeness. There exist success stories of companies based in third world countries that made it big in the West (Zoho comes...

asked Mar 9 '10 at 13:02
Blank
G Rex
683 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.59K Views
Geography in a social network

I want to make a global social network, in which users can search for nearby users. What is the preferred way to allow users to easily specify where they are located? Zip code would be accurate,...

asked Nov 12 '09 at 16:20
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points