Getting Started Questions

These are the basics you'll need if you're looking to be an entrepreneur and start marketing yourself.

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.66K Views
BizSpark - benefits vs risks

We are a small company started a year ago. Our first planned product is a spa management software and we are tending to develop it as an ERP for both service and sales oriented businesses. But soon...

asked Nov 28 '13 at 19:41
Blank
Abhinandan N.M.
13 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.74K Views
If I build an MVP won't a competitor steal my idea?

While, I feel building an MVP is a good idea because we can get feedback from the customers on what to improve, I have a doubt. One fear that is stopping me from building an MVP is that if it...

asked Nov 29 '13 at 20:57
Blank
Java Technical
152 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.91K Views
How to make people to speak about their handicap? Especially ADD/ADHD

We've built a homepage to help people suffering from ADD/ADHD by learning poems. The homepage is built for mostly the k8-k12 sector. (nice drawings, text for children, etc.)But our stats are not as...

asked Dec 3 '13 at 11:12
Blank
Picibucor
69 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
Venues in which to promote a product as a teenager

I'm fifteen, and I just created a product. I've got the code done, but I have no experience with the actually marketing a product. So, how can I, as a teenager with no money, promote my project....

asked Dec 4 '13 at 13:32
Blank
Dylan Katz
10 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.03K Views
What is the biggest challenge that startups face?

Question for all of you startups out there: What's been your greatest challenge? Or what have you needed the most help with? Creating a Business Strategy Raising Money (Finding and/or Pitching...

asked Dec 6 '13 at 08:01
Blank
The Start Up Team
59 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.16K Views
Lean Startup Method Question for Web app startups

So, I'm slightly confused which I should be following. I'm currently a solopreneur. I'm trying to follow lean startup, but I just read on the book Startup Owners Manual and Lean Startup...

asked Nov 16 '13 at 11:15
Blank
User9968
229 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Locating Earlyvangelist?

How can I locate a set of good earlyvangelist for my SaaS application prior to building the application? Is there a specific way to find or locate them and finally engage them? Thanks.

asked Nov 16 '13 at 11:33
Blank
User9968
229 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.7K Views
Start-up creation - Prerequisites

I am looking for guidelines on: "How to make my own start-up?." Which are the preliminary steps that i should be aware off? What should i avoid and what to persuade? The question might be a bit...

asked Nov 19 '13 at 04:47
Blank
Ldn 5602
1 point

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
Beta Crowdfunding

We are launching our startup, and would like to crowdfund a beta. Since the service already exists, the users would donate, and get their accounts first before everyone else can sign up - with...

asked Nov 21 '13 at 01:18
Blank
Erik Aigner
116 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.48K Views
Would you find this messaging interesting?

Upon reading/hearing this line: "Your Group Content in One Place, Organized" would it strike a cord of interest? We are currently in the works of developing a platform to effectively capture and...

asked Nov 21 '13 at 19:24
Blank
Pen And Software
9 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
2.2K Views
How to expand our business? (IT services company)

I know this is a FAQ, but I want to do it more specific. We are a consulting company from Argentina. We do deployment, coding and automation of infrastructure based on Linux and Open Source...

asked Oct 29 '13 at 21:52
Blank
Diegows
106 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.56K Views
Tech startup equity split question

First about my background: I have been programming and consulting for 15 years, with expertise in C#, Asp.net, t-sql, Pl/sql, JavaScript, and to a lesser degree Java, Python, NodeJs etc... I would...

asked Oct 31 '13 at 22:25
Blank
Beer Drinker
13 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
4.84K Views
What stops another company from copying your idea?

I got asked this question at a local venture conference recently when pitching our product. I've heard this question a handful of times and I really would like to get some honest feedback on the...

asked Oct 1 '13 at 12:19
Blank
George Mc Dowd
109 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.82K Views
What are the UK company drawbacks for foreign owners?

we won a grant in an Italian incubator, and to receive that we should establish an Italian company. However, looking forward to gain international investments, we'd prefer having a German or,...

asked Oct 8 '13 at 17:35
Blank
Serg Ik S
108 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.15K Views
How to make that final leap?

So I have this idea for a good startup. I've set up a prototype and proven that it works. I have filled in the forms, done all the bureaucracy, know almost exactly how much I need to keep it...

asked Oct 9 '13 at 02:40
Blank
Dsanders
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Self sustaining business model

I'm building this mentoring web app and as much as possible I want it to be free. Initially I'll be using my own money to set it up but I also don't want to keep paying for the infrastructure costs...

asked Oct 9 '13 at 09:17
Blank
Marconi
101 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.77K Views
How much equity co-founder in a CTO position (for an existing StartUp) should get

I am wondering how much equity (in percentage) should I demand for a co-founder CTO position in a start-up which opened 7 months ago? Here are some details on the start-up: = The main founder is...

asked Oct 9 '13 at 22:20
Blank
Uri
106 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.44K Views
BigCo vs Freelancing.. and then Startup

I'm in a bit of a pickle - I'm trying to build a startup, solo, to start - I'm burning the late night oil at nights and weekends. I currently have a well paying job in IT at a top 10 online...

asked Oct 9 '13 at 23:39
Blank
Code Talk
253 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
Legal aspects of making a for-profit website?

Disclaimer: I've crossposted on Reddit. I'll preface this by saying that I'm in Canada, so some of the legal aspects might differ from the US, but I'm sure lots of them carry across. I'm...

asked Oct 15 '13 at 13:50
Blank
Jmite
101 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.52K Views
What are the tools to find out if I have a good start plan?

I have a starting plan, a good idea, some financing and all... The question mostly relates on the fact that the guys (who finance the product I am looking for to make) are asking who would buy this...

asked Sep 10 '13 at 06:13
Blank
Salketer
108 points