Google Questions

38 Votes
11 Answers
18.1K Views
What if Google+ stole my idea? Can I do anything about it? Should I?

From around March 2009 to October 2009, my sister and I built a website and dubbed it our "first startup": Jumpino.com. Truthfully, it was hardly a startup: we had no capital, no way of monetizing,...

asked Jul 5 '11 at 05:46
Blank
David Titarenco
405 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
My UK based SaaS product is not showing up in US searches

I reckon I should get at least 5x searches form the US as from the UK, just by population metrics. I get a tiny amount of US searches. (Which ironically convert much better.) Is Google excluding...

asked Nov 29 '13 at 01:52
Blank
Robert Wringham
6 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.13K Views
Getting Google Reviews on non-local Saas Business?

I was thinking that it would be nice for our company to have customer reviews come up when someone searches for us on Google. I know this happens for a lot of local business and it seems like a...

asked Mar 13 '13 at 05:32
Blank
Simon
165 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
Adwords - Understanding Modified Broad Match Keywords

I'm not completely new to Adwords optimization, but I guess the learning process never really ends... My company is focused tightly on a specific niche. All of my keywords (across several ad...

asked Nov 22 '12 at 02:05
Blank
Bc Web
101 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
Pros and cons of using Google AdWords as an ad manager for a website

What are good and bad sides of telling the advertisers to use Google Adwords to place an ad on our website? (instead of setting up our own Advertisement Department and dealing with every advertiser...

asked Sep 14 '12 at 01:05
Blank
Gury Max
23 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.77K Views
re-name product website pre-launch?

I've been working on a B2B SAAS product for the last year or so, and it's almost ready to launch. I havn't done any SEO yet, however I did use BuildMyRank.com a couple of months ago, and during...

asked May 21 '12 at 09:54
Blank
Michael
11 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.15K Views
Is it worth publishing an app on the Google Apps marketplace?

I am considering publishing my web app to the Google Apps Marketplace and find the $100 entry fee a bit steep. Can someone share any experience about the Google Apps Marketplace?

asked Jan 9 '12 at 17:29
Blank
Aymeric Gaurat Apelli
221 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
What are considered to be successful signup rates?

I am building a website. In my website I'd like my user to register. Also I am planning to launch some very active Google Adsense advertisements, targeting my ads to the travelling field. What is...

asked Dec 21 '11 at 09:55
Blank
Vondip
584 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
3.34K Views
What should be the strategy for a website not dependent on google?

What should be the strategy for a website not dependent on google? How to be successful website without depending on google? It can be tips or tricks. Although, google is the best medium for...

asked Dec 7 '11 at 03:36
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.98K Views
Writing a Terms of Service for my iPhone app that uses Google Analytics

I'm finding a resource for writing a TOC for my app that uses Google Analytics to analyze content traffic. I don't hire a lawyer and just plan to copy from someone else. Could you please point out...

asked Nov 30 '11 at 00:45
Blank
Killua
68 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.04K Views
What effect(s) does Google's Panda 2.5 update have on new websites in the SERP?

I recently launched 3 websites (within the past 7-10 months) that had been steadily increasing in the rankings on Google search up until this past weekend, when I noticed a huge drop across most of...

asked Oct 6 '11 at 04:18
Blank
Dan Male
108 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
How do you make people start searching with your keyword phrase?

I have found a good keyword phrase to target, however, there is no global or local search for it. How do I make a user start typing my keyword phrase, which is almost at zero according to the...

asked Oct 6 '11 at 20:47
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.09K Views
Improving Google page rank for a local business?

I'm working with a local business that has a storefront and an online catalog selling wine, and they're wondering how they can best improve their search engine results. If you search for their...

asked Oct 11 '11 at 09:00
Blank
Alex
1,156 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.91K Views
Why would people search nearby area or their location along with the searching phrase in google?

Why would people search nearby area or their location along with the searching phrase in google? I know few of them, like user searching for a specific nearby stores.

asked Oct 3 '11 at 06:02
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.99K Views
On an e-commerce site, how do you attribute a sale to PPC if a visitor comes from PPC but then returns to buy through another website?

Can we use cookies and if so how do we install this? What software could track this kind of conversion scenario?

asked Sep 22 '11 at 15:43
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

10 Votes
4 Answers
2.85K Views
What are the Pro's and Con's of using log in with Facebook or log in with Google?

I have seen more and more websites allowing you to log in with your facebook or google account. I am in the process of building a new website and I am wondering what the pro's and con's of doing...

asked Sep 13 '11 at 02:02
Blank
Don Tarinelli
51 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
google maps default layer - how can you get there

It looks like all photos you can see on the default googlemaps come from panoramio. Is this the only provider? Can I create a website for uploading photos and show them on google maps?

asked Aug 8 '11 at 21:43
Blank
Ryan
147 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.2K Views
Can I give Google Analytics data to my customers?

Can I give Google Analytics data from the API as a free gift feature to my customers that are paying for a monthly subscription service? Or would this be outside of Googles terms of service.

asked Jul 30 '11 at 21:36
Blank
Daxon
111 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Seeking Google+ Development Partner

Does anyone know of or have contacts for any companies that have products centered around Google’s APIs? We’re looking to potentially partner with a company on a product for Google+ and...

asked Jul 14 '11 at 02:37
Blank
User347312
36 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
SERP depend on the number of Facebook's "likes"?

Does search engine results page (SERP) depend on the number of Facebook's "likes"?

asked Jun 29 '11 at 04:49
Blank
User11568
11 points