Hardware Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.87K Views
How to fund a hardware business which requires a lot of capital just to start?

Apart from crowdfunding, how can someone build a wearable tech product business which requires at least $500K just to start? Are there any government grants available here in the US?

asked May 29 '14 at 17:10
Blank
Kevin Bower
9 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.53K Views
Software development contest in business plan?

Our business Greatly simplified: We provide data obtained from localized hardware via sensors (mostly cameras) and make it available on the Internet via an API. Having a good UI for the data is...

asked Oct 1 '13 at 20:53
Blank
Feklee
148 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.85K Views
How to raise funding without a prototype

I would greatly appreciate some guidance or ideas of more experienced entrepreneurs. I am working on a complex startup that involves the development of a robot with complex software. In order to...

asked Jul 15 '13 at 06:01
Blank
Pmolina7
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
Dealing with semiconductor manufacturers? How to get response?

I have a tech startup and we design consumer electronic products. For product design I need semiconductors ICs. So I searched over the internet and found that many reputed companies offer the ICs...

asked Oct 15 '12 at 16:12
Blank
Sbr1990
6 points

1 Votes
8 Answers
4.68K Views
How the startups manage to afford cost of web servers and other hardware

i want to know, how startups manages their cost of hardware, like servers and other hardware. do they buy brand new material or the second hand, what about room to keep their servers and all other...

asked Aug 16 '12 at 04:34
Blank
Vikas Devde
108 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
Build an appliance

We develop a bunch of software applications. Instead of shipping the software we want to build an appliance, using generic hardware components (and Linux) and sell the appliance in the USA and...

asked Nov 1 '11 at 18:35
Blank
So Mv
121 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.56K Views
Is it hard to get into the hardware business?

In my head, I see the entry to the hardware business very difficult due to all the patents. Is this true or is it just me? Say I want to create a simple mobile phone with touch capabilities. What...

asked Feb 6 '11 at 07:46
Blank
Matt
141 points