Hiring Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.71K Views
Company Showcasing: Do Recruiters have the need to showcase work/ projects of their organizations while promoting company to potential candidates?

Do Recruiters have the need to showcase the work/ projects of their organizations while promoting their company to the potential candidates ? If this showcasing is required, through what means is...

asked Jul 11 '11 at 22:29
Blank
User01
106 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.63K Views
Interviewing / hiring accountants for a startup

What are some good questions to ask when hiring an accountant for an early stage startup? The goal is to prepare the company for VC/Angel funding. As a first time entrepreneur I have no idea how...

asked Jul 12 '11 at 04:49
Blank
Jirad
105 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
3.74K Views
Are US NDAs enforceable in other countries?

Are NDAs a safe thing to do when hiring out of the country? I'm hiring freelancers to do some mobile programming work, and they reside in France. They have, very kindly, signed the NDA I provided...

asked Jun 23 '11 at 11:27
Blank
Zakman411
174 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
What does employment at will actually mean for an employee?

I've recently (5 months ago) signed and employment-at-will contract with a largish company. I start in 2 months. Given different scenarios, I want to figure out not only what this legally means,...

asked Jun 29 '11 at 01:18
Blank
John Smith
26 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.57K Views
Hiring from Competitors

I am thinking of hiring my staff from my competitor's firm, are there any legal issues in doing so? Both for my firm and for the new joining staff member? Additional details: To be more specific,...

asked Jun 30 '11 at 02:05
Blank
User8226
197 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Good resources to hire developer on a work basis

Is there a place where I could hire a developer (or a team) based on functional specs I would submit. What I am envisioning is a site where I would submit a description of my project and get access...

asked Jun 30 '11 at 07:44
Blank
J Delage
277 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.85K Views
Bringing part time hacker on-board for equity only. How much equity is fair?

[Disclaimer: This question was also posted on Hacker News] Howdy, Just 6 weeks ago my co-founder and I began working on our startup full time. We want to accelerate development and have talked to...

asked Jun 11 '11 at 09:42
Blank
Caffeinated
6 points

5 Votes
11 Answers
3.87K Views
Where can I get a designer?

For my startup (web 2 SaaS) I am looking for a good designer, probably with HTML/JavaScript skills. It seems this is pretty difficult - all good people have jobs. So I am thinking about remote...

asked Jun 11 '11 at 16:58
Blank
Christian
3,590 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.57K Views
Head count planning for a growing start up - any processes, books, templates?

As a growing start up, we need to plan for new people in every deparment (some of these are just 1 person, but future departments). So Sales has its plan to double sales this year; meanwhile other...

asked Jun 1 '11 at 07:51
Blank
Paroon Chadha
61 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.6K Views
Hiring an employee in the USA

We're an Israeli Company that wants to expand to the USA, we have already close the commercial details with a very experienced executive in the USA, now we have to decide how we can hire him, we...

asked May 12 '11 at 23:01
Blank
David
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Hiring a developer - Agreements and other formalities

I run a software startup based out of India. To write a module of my application I am talking to a developer. To make things formal I wanted to sign an agreement. The agreement should talk about...

asked May 6 '11 at 14:44
Blank
Johnny
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.73K Views
Hiring and Skills Testing

Does anyone know of a comparable service to test a users skills to what they provide on elance? I like the ability to test various skills but I'm not sure if it preferable to have them set up an...

asked Apr 26 '11 at 23:53
Blank
Scott
468 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.44K Views
How can you hire great developers for startups?

There is a lot of advice on how to hire great developers, which I don't think is quite relevant as far as startups are concerned. The reason why I am saying this is because we--as a startup in...

asked Apr 19 '11 at 11:23
Blank
Graviton
871 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.82K Views
What are the proper steps (contracts, terms, payments agreements) when hiring freelance developers?

I'm looking to hire some developers to help bang out some features of my app that I can't do myself yet. I'm going to be able to give them pretty specific tasks and if they do well continue on and...

asked Apr 19 '11 at 18:16
Blank
Trying Hal9000
141 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
What is the best startup hiring book?

I am starting to hire people int our startup. We actually need to hire very quickly and effectively at the same time as we don't have a lot of chance to make mistakes. What is the best book...

asked Apr 22 '11 at 06:22
Blank
Jorge Guzman
45 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
Potential employee's F-1 student visa expires in October...How "hard" would it be to get him sponsored?

Currently operating a very small, early-stage startup. Just received first round of seed capital and looking to expand operations this summer. I have been looking for a developer (employee #2) to...

asked Mar 17 '11 at 05:43
Blank
Travis Truett
127 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.05K Views
What kind of sales commission plan is Groupon using?

Groupon has been hiring sales people like crazy. Their turnover is probably very high but the sheer number of salespeople that they are adding to their company every month is something crazy to a...

asked Mar 18 '11 at 23:15
Blank
Michael Pryor
2,250 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.55K Views
Using a Staffing Agency - Is it a Bad Idea?

If you've exhausted your personal network (and friends' networks), and now need to hire people who have skills that you don't have, would you try working with a staffing agency? I've heard a lot...

asked Mar 19 '11 at 08:35
Blank
John
23 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
2.44K Views
How do I find a bona fide Social Media consultant?

Everybody and their brother claims to be a social media "expert" these days. How do you find a consultant who actually knows what they are doing? How much should they cost? What should you get...

asked Mar 21 '11 at 13:12
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
Where did your star developer come from?

If your startup has a star developer : what was he/she doing before joining your company? How did you find and get into contact with him/her?

asked Feb 28 '11 at 09:07
Blank
Zippy
871 points