Human Resources Questions

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.43K Views
Good resource for getting labor rates for developers around the world?

Looking to bring on some developers and using sites like Vworker.com. While looking for prices to offer I'd like to get an idea of what is a good price and a poor price for developers in different...

asked May 19 '11 at 06:29
Blank
John Bogrand
2,210 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.8K Views
How should the next generation of employees be?

I recently read a news article (in Norwegian) that "the ability to cooperate" was essentially the only requirement for applicants, which was just as relevant 50 years ago as it is today, while...

asked May 20 '11 at 20:26
Blank
David
1,567 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Tactful removal of partners

In the past, I have worked on many different projects with groups of people ranging in size from 2 to 10. These projects have always flopped due to numerous issues, but one issue that has always...

asked May 14 '11 at 12:03
Blank
Skudd
1 point

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.54K Views
Running a dating site - Use volunteers for administration - how to keep them motivated?

I'm running a dating site and I have 3 volunteers working on the administration (approving photos, profiles, removing stalkers, etc). The problem I'm having is that they are, as volunteers, very...

asked Apr 26 '11 at 20:54
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
3K Views
How do you hire your first people to your startup?

I really wonder how do you hire your first employees if you were working on an internet startup alone. I really wonder if there are experienced people which started their startup alone and expand...

asked Apr 6 '11 at 14:08
Blank
To Rr0t
69 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.69K Views
What employee turnover rate is too low for a high-tech company?

There is a lot of focus on the cost of employee turnover in companies. I am curious to know whether there are any studies on failure-rate of high-tech companies increasing if the turnover rate is...

asked Mar 28 '11 at 22:22
Blank
David
1,567 points

6 Votes
8 Answers
3.48K Views
As an employer should we care about the employee's welfare?

Do you think as an employer we should care about the employee's welfare? Should we care about our employees' financial difficulties, and raise their salaries [i.e because prices are going up] or...

asked Dec 5 '10 at 07:59
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
6.8K Views
How much in stock options should we offer new employees?

We're a software startup with annual revenue in the ballpark of half a million. We're completely bootstrapped, and have no current plans to take funding. We currently have 4 employees. We're...

asked Dec 11 '10 at 04:28
Blank
Polemarch
301 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
4.45K Views
How do you manage employee holiday requests?

I'm currently doing some research into how companies manage employee holiday requests for a startup I'm considering. So, my question is: What do you use to manage holiday requests, and what...

asked Oct 27 '10 at 18:26
Blank
Codebeef
148 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.82K Views
What are the differences of offering Incentive Stock Options or Non-qualified Stock Options to Employees?

I remember at one point a startup will switch from offering ISO (Incentive Stock Options) to offering Non-qualified Stock Options (NSO) to employees? Can the startup decide which to offer, and...

asked Apr 25 '10 at 00:34
Blank
J Lynch
16 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
Do you think a student could help a start up in marketing /lead generation?

I know that to find leads in my business start up you have to blog, create webinars, SEO, PR, social networking and just do good rich content that can be easily found. So with no budget to do the...

asked Apr 27 '10 at 06:32
Blank
Stacey
484 points

6 Votes
9 Answers
14.5K Views
What PEO providers are out there other than TriNet? What questions should I ask potential PEO providers?

Looking at PEO (professional employee organization) providers - just wanted to get a sense for who else is out there other than TriNet. I only know about TriNet from Feld's AskTheVC blog:...

asked Dec 13 '09 at 08:21
Blank
Sachin Agarwal
63 points