Ideas Questions

7 Votes
5 Answers
3.1K Views
Is there a place I can go to float my ideas and get feedback?

I have decided to take off an extended period of time and take one of my ideas to market. I have been an independent and very successful developer for over a decade. Bigger than that though I am an...

asked Nov 4 '09 at 05:33
Blank
Mkw
189 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.26K Views
Crowdsourced or 'community driven' venture capital

Following on the same theme as my earlier question about finding a place to share ideas and get feedback. http://www.brightjourney.com/q/place-go-float-ideas-get-feedback Marry StackExchange...

asked Nov 4 '09 at 10:00
Blank
Mkw
189 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
2.53K Views
Open Source Support Advice

I need your advice. Our startup plan is to give support to high quality open source softwares like xen, postgresql,drupal, hadoop, nagios etc. What do you think how must be the process from...

asked Nov 7 '09 at 05:06
Blank
User1362
18 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.73K Views
What are the some innovative/effective ways to streamline office expenses?

We are in the process of compiling a list of the most effective/innovative ways of streamlining office expenses. Can you offer some suggestions?

asked Oct 20 '09 at 02:13
Blank
Open Office Space
26 points

11 Votes
12 Answers
6.17K Views
How did you conceive your startup idea?

I think a lot of conceivable startups have already been conceived. A lot of workable business ideas have already been worked out. How did you manage to conceive your startup idea? All is well if...

asked Oct 22 '09 at 17:59
Blank
Graviton
871 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
3.8K Views
How do you reward for innovation?

It seems to me that encouraging innovation is extremely important for startups, but how do you reward it? If one employee contributes 10 good ideas that never get across the line, and another...

asked Oct 22 '09 at 23:10
Blank
Rick Measham
111 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
3.03K Views
How to decide to fail fast vs sticking with your idea?

Many say you need to launch fast and then decide whether your idea works or not and then fail fast if needed. But how do you decide when to fail ( fail = stop working on current idea and start...

asked Oct 24 '09 at 01:05
Blank
Web Thinker
430 points

5 Votes
15 Answers
4.26K Views
Which is more important? The right people or the right idea?

As opportunities come and go one has to decide whether to get involved in each one. Some of those opportunities are about good ideas and some of them have easily recognisably good people behind...

asked Oct 11 '09 at 07:08
Blank
Ronnie Barker
313 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.29K Views
Barriers to truly global payment processing?

As a startup in Australia, one of the problems commonly faced here is getting a suitable payment service that customers world wide can use. It seems that since the implementation of global AML/KYC...

asked Oct 11 '09 at 10:24
Blank
Anthon
470 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
4.52K Views
Using AdWords to test product ideas?

In order to test interest in a product, I've been told that it's useful to use AdWords. What's the best way to maximize the usefulness of AdWords. How do I measure whether or not an idea is useful?...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 13:10
Blank
Van Nguyen
482 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
3.32K Views
Few ideas for products: How to assess them and get started?

If you have quite a few ideas for products, but none are knock-out-most-compelling to dive into, how do you decide which one to pursue? How much time do you invest in each one's research and...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 11:25
Blank
Cade Roux
196 points