Ideas Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Which is a larger opportunity: mobile games or SaaS software?

I'm trying to figure out which idea to work on and have a list of several social games (some mobile) that I can build and a few ideas for B2B Saas software products.Which would you say is the...

asked Apr 12 '14 at 20:25
Blank
Janet Caldwell
1 point

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.89K Views
How a company that uses a website like groupon calculates the minimum items they need to sell?

I have the intention of giving a try at one of those group buy like businesses that you can get prepared for you and start selling in your neighborhood or village. I understand, how the hold idea...

asked May 13 '11 at 19:44
Blank
Sfrj
205 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.31K Views
Should I attend Startup Weekend if I haven't decided on an idea?

Is Startup Weekend worth attending for someone who wants to start their own business, but haven't yet decided on an idea? I have been exploring some concepts but haven't come across one stands out.

asked Jun 2 '14 at 15:12
Blank
Cynthia Mc Kay
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.29K Views
Social media marketers: What is your biggest pain point?

Disclosure: this is a blatant try to get some ideas and feedback to pursue a business idea.What is your biggest pain point when you do social media marketing for your clients?And if a solution...

asked May 30 '14 at 13:55
Blank
Nell Ross
7 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
How did YOU validate your startup idea?

There are a lot of threads here on ways to validate your idea, but I would love to heard directly on what founders did to validate theirs.So, for your current startup, how did you validate it?

asked Apr 8 '14 at 18:10
Blank
Arturo Park
16 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
Startup ideas people laughed at that eventually became very successful?

What are some of the top startups today that people thought would never work?

asked Apr 2 '14 at 21:55
Blank
William Kalb
9 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Biggest telltale sign an idea is bad prior to validation stage?

When you're just brainstorming ideas, what are some signs that an idea should be scrapped right away before even spending time trying to validate it?

asked Mar 28 '14 at 16:58
Blank
Edward Burton
7 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.74K Views
Why is silicon valley saturated with small ideas and big ideas getting rarer?

The valley seems to be obsessed with small ideas like photo sharing and messaging apps. There was a time when life sciences and technology that fundamentally changed the society ruled here.That...

asked Mar 23 '14 at 12:56
Blank
Walter More
30 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
4K Views
Tried and tested startup ideas that can be done in developing countries?

Which successful startup ideas that cross cultural barriers can be started in developing countries where there is little to no competition (and the market is up for grabs)?

asked Mar 21 '14 at 17:28
Blank
Jackie Davis
55 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
How to deal with someone who takes an idea you told them and decides to launch it on their own?

You share a brilliant idea you had with a peer (in order to get some feedback on it). And later learn that they have decided to implement it themselves!I'm already in the process of executing on it...

asked Mar 21 '14 at 00:27
Blank
Jonathan Locke
30 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.92K Views
Do startups really have to solve a problem to succeed? What about SnapChat?

Is solving a "problem" absolutely required in an idea to build a startup around? What about something like SnapChat. Did they really solve a problem?What about when you're creating a new market...

asked Mar 19 '14 at 15:59
Blank
Christian Eubanks
60 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.78K Views
When is a startup idea considered successfully validated?

Based on what metrics would you consider a startup idea to be validated?Number of people willing you give you money in advance? What if you aren't validating the idea by charging people (maybe you...

asked Mar 19 '14 at 10:12
Blank
Charles Slattery
5 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
How to find content ideas for your blog?

What are some ways to find and qualify a list of ideas to write about on your blog?

asked Mar 17 '14 at 09:30
Blank
Ronnie Skinner
22 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.43K Views
Tried and tested businesses that require little to no capital investment?

What are some types of businesses that are known to generate money which require little to no investment to start?

asked Mar 8 '14 at 13:59
Blank
Robert Creswell
55 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.42K Views
Improve existing startup ideas that have been done or think of something unique?

Is it better to improve a product or service that exists already or to come up with a brand new unique idea that isn't being done yet?

asked Feb 18 '14 at 19:09
Blank
Eric E.
16 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
9.8K Views
Validating a business idea inexpensively and fast?

How can I validate a business idea in the quickest way possible with the smallest amount of money as possible? I have a ton of ideas in my head that I would like to pursue and would like to reduce...

asked Feb 11 '14 at 15:26
Blank
Dominick Thomas
56 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
Questions to ask yourself when doing your first startup?

I'm 20 years old and have always wanted to start a company of my own. What questions do entrepreneurs who have already had exits ask themselves to make sure the idea they're focusing on is the...

asked Feb 8 '14 at 15:27
Blank
Pia Jansson
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.96K Views
What's the biggest mistake you've made running your startup?

We all talk about what works, would love hear what didn't for others. I feel there is insight to be had, maybe even more valuable, to avoid making mistakes others have made already. So what was...

asked Feb 3 '14 at 10:37
Blank
Levi Bowen
11 points

38 Votes
11 Answers
17.9K Views
What if Google+ stole my idea? Can I do anything about it? Should I?

From around March 2009 to October 2009, my sister and I built a website and dubbed it our "first startup": Jumpino.com. Truthfully, it was hardly a startup: we had no capital, no way of monetizing,...

asked Jul 5 '11 at 05:46
Blank
David Titarenco
405 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.91K Views
How to make people to speak about their handicap? Especially ADD/ADHD

We've built a homepage to help people suffering from ADD/ADHD by learning poems. The homepage is built for mostly the k8-k12 sector. (nice drawings, text for children, etc.)But our stats are not as...

asked Dec 3 '13 at 11:12
Blank
Picibucor
69 points