Income Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.77K Views
Trying to create a passive income. Should I create a web app or a mobile app?

I am looking to create a passive income stream. I have the skills to create both web and mobile apps. But I have been reading that making money from mobile apps is really hard and most iOS apps...

asked Aug 6 '14 at 13:57
Blank
Dale Slocum
2 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
14.1K Views
How do classified sites like Craigslist make money?

How does Craigslist generate revenue when both posting and responding to listings is free? The only category they seem to charge for is the jobs section.Is that enough of a revenue source for them...

asked Sep 16 '14 at 15:57
Blank
Joseph Long
14 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
How do we earn real world cash from equity?

This question is about how does an owner of company who own n% equity of company as a technical co founder makes real world cash. This is not about regular share holder who buys share to make...

asked Mar 26 '13 at 19:31
Blank
Abhijit Navale
245 points

-3 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
Should The Income Of Programmers With Different Experience be the same In TeamWork

I want to begin to write a Software with my 2 other friends.I worked hard on c# for 4 years and they worked on it approximately for 1 year.Now One Of them got this project and want to make it with...

asked Jan 18 '13 at 07:48
Blank
Programming Follower
1 point

-1 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
how does a website like youtube make money

Other than small ads that came a couple years later after youtube's first launch and paid videos to be displayed as featured videos how can a site like youtube that has so many expenses profit?...

asked Dec 13 '12 at 20:23
Blank
Yoyilbey
49 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
How to define US income on international sales?

I'm from Guatemala and i own a company here with license to export. Two days ago I ask another question here: Tax deduction for imported IT goods and services and @littleadv has given me a very...

asked Oct 2 '12 at 03:09
Blank
Darwin
110 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.3K Views
Where Does Bitly's Income Come From?

Where does the income of a "small" site like Bitly comes from when there are no ads or whatsoever involved in their operation?

asked Mar 24 '12 at 19:27
Blank
Dot Net Student
117 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
When to add paid options or premium membership to startup?

Would it be more wise to add paid options to a startup later on or from the start? The paiad options would of course take extra time to develop since they would be an enhancment on the...

asked Feb 26 '12 at 01:26
Blank
Rubytastic
139 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
Whose laws should my business adhere to; where is the boundary?

I would like to know which country's laws I must abide by when conducting online business. Let's say I want to sell VPNs and here in the UK, this was illegal. In Holland this is legal however (as...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 20:08
Blank
Jwbensley
113 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
2.55K Views
How to split money on a start-up business with 3 Co-Founders!

2 other guys and myself decided to put together a young mens online magazine. We collectively came up with the name, but I came up with the concept of the magazine. 1 guy does the writing and the...

asked Jan 9 '12 at 12:47
Blank
Fashionisto
1 point

6 Votes
1 Answers
84.9K Views
How To Transfer Money Between Personal & LLC Bank Accounts

I'm starting a very small business out of my home in Texas. I've formed the LLC and opened a bank account for it. How should I handle putting my own money into the business account so I can avoid...

asked Jan 1 '12 at 05:02
Blank
Grilldos
31 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
Fresh startup and hard thing what to do next, no ideas

I have fresh software product startup (4 months after end of beta). I have a problem with making more money from that, i have from 4 last months almost constant income from that and this not...

asked Dec 24 '11 at 10:05
Blank
Svisstack
188 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.33K Views
Profit sharing and trade secrets

I've been developing an online trading algorithm as a hobby project for 3 months during the summer. It seems that two more people will join to me, due to external circumstances not entirely up to...

asked Oct 23 '11 at 21:30
Blank
Siamii
195 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
How to declare income when most/all your income comes from Paypal?

How do I declare my income if all of it comes from paypal ? Most accountants in Portugal (where I live and where this company will be based) don't know how it works... Do I declare it only when I...

asked Sep 24 '11 at 09:04
Blank
João Pinto Jerónimo
118 points