Incorporation Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Im incorporating a business in delaware with a registered agent, does it count like a physical location?

Do I get treated the same like any other corp in Delaware? I want to make sure I don't get charged by the state more fees because I'm not from there. What's the catch as far as taxes and state...

asked Apr 18 '12 at 10:26
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Incorporating in Delaware, Does the owner have to create publications to be recognized as an LLC?

I'm planning to incorporate in Delaware. But not sure If from the start I have to create an x amount of publications to be recognized in the state as an LLC. I incorporated an LLC In NYC and it...

asked Apr 24 '12 at 09:28
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
How old does one legally have to be to start/own a share in a company in the US?

I am 18 but my co-founder is 17. (In other words, I am able to sign a binding contract, he is not.) We are getting ready to incorporate our startup — but is my co-founder old enough to start, and...

asked Apr 25 '12 at 02:23
Blank
David Kendal
28 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.04K Views
How to incorporate software startup from Poland or some other country?

I have problem, I live in Poland and I want to incorporate my software startup that makes around $15k/year. The cost of incorporation of a limited company in Poland is $7k/year (w/out taxes). This...

asked Apr 25 '12 at 19:36
Blank
Svisstack
188 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.73K Views
US Citizen, living in Australia wanting to incorporate - in US or Australia?

I am a US citizen living as a permanent resident in Australia (married to an Aussie). I need to incorporate and have been advised to get an 'off the shelf' Delaware Corp. We are considering moving...

asked Apr 11 '12 at 21:30
Blank
User17432
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.06K Views
Affiliate Marketing Income - When Should I LLC or Incorporate?

I am currently making a decent amount of income from affiliate marketing (people go to my site, click my link for product X, and if they buy product X, I make a percentage of the sale). I am...

asked Mar 30 '12 at 22:20
Blank
Martin
1,340 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
Do you need to "be a company" to make money online?

A friend and I have a great startup idea which we plan to put into action at the beginning of the summer. We've also worked some revenues into our business model by allowing users to pay for some...

asked Apr 4 '12 at 10:22
Blank
Max Mackie
166 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
If I am the only shareholder in a C corporation, do I have to give notice of the annual meeting to myself?

It seems silly to me that I would have to notify myself about the annual meeting, but is this required to stay legal? Edit: I incorporated in Delaware.

asked Mar 14 '12 at 12:05
Blank
Patrick Kenny
277 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.73K Views
as one of the co-founders, can i have an equity and profit share both in mother holding corporation and subsidiary holding corporation?

the funders for my projects plan to put up a holding corporation. this holding corporation is intended to fund feasible projects by various project proponents not only those projects by me but...

asked Mar 14 '12 at 13:48
Blank
Lovelyvixen
1 point

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.4K Views
Foreign Outside USA, Incorporated, now what? (taxes and income)

Can someone describe me how I should pay taxes being foreign, any basic guide? If I can't perceive any salary, how do I make money as a shareholder (not american)? More details: I'm in Mexico....

asked Mar 21 '12 at 00:25
Blank
Alejandro
48 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
Tax help for a c corp

Possible Duplicate: Tax services for an almost non-existant corp Im a first time entrepreneur and need some help filing the tax return for my c corp as my budget is very limited for hiring an...

asked Feb 22 '12 at 09:25
Blank
Fred
1 point

4 Votes
3 Answers
4.57K Views
If I incorporate, when do I have to start paying myself a salary?

I plan to incorporate, mainly for the liability protection. My business is Internet-based and the operational costs are quite low, so I plan to fund everything out of my own pocket, and I have the...

asked Feb 22 '12 at 23:56
Blank
Patrick Kenny
277 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
The IRS requirements say that S corporations must be "domestic"-- what exactly does this mean?

The IRS requirements at http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=98263,00.html note that one of the requirements for S corporations is that they be "domestic"-- what exactly does this...

asked Feb 23 '12 at 02:18
Blank
Patrick Kenny
277 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.83K Views
Proper way to get share in US company for non-US citizen

I was working for quite a time with US company which is S Corporation. Now we are planning to continue as partners and I should get 10% of the company. As far as I understand I cant be a...

asked Feb 13 '12 at 01:59
Blank
Igor Romanov
118 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.95K Views
Do I need to incorporate in the US to run events?

I'm from Germany and want to run small events (around 50 participants) in the United States, which involve the sale of tickets (probably online) and payment to contractors which contribute to the...

asked Feb 16 '12 at 08:05
Blank
Benjamin
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.78K Views
I can't seem to find this answer anywhere regarding LLC

I live in CT but I have office space in NH, where would I register for an LLC? I don't plan on moving there and have employees in NH, so what should I do?

asked Feb 8 '12 at 05:19
Blank
Kas08016
6 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
7.34K Views
Standard Articles of Incorporation Documents - resources

What are the best incorporation (and related) document resources? Are the YCombinator incorporation docs available? There are a number of 'model' or 'open source' documents for a startup's first...

asked Jan 25 '12 at 15:50
Blank
Chris Busselle
36 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
Which Country is Suitable for Legal Protection in Game Automation Software Development

After reading today's Gamasutra article about Jagex vs Impulse Software, and considering my own academic activities, I suddenly became very concerned with my legal protection. As such I would...

asked Jan 24 '12 at 07:15
Blank
Kort Pleco
891 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
2.58K Views
How to split money on a start-up business with 3 Co-Founders!

2 other guys and myself decided to put together a young mens online magazine. We collectively came up with the name, but I came up with the concept of the magazine. 1 guy does the writing and the...

asked Jan 9 '12 at 12:47
Blank
Fashionisto
1 point

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
S Corp Salary - no income

My startup is at the stage where I'm considering forming an LLC, S-Corp or C-Corp. I've been reading a lot, on this site and others, about the various advantages and disadvantages of the 3 main...

asked Jan 12 '12 at 02:14
Blank
Paul Cezanne
649 points