India Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.28K Views
Whats next step? Am starting a Dropshipping company in India. I'll start with say 200 to 1000 shirts

I believe this will work here in India since there are more and more people willing to earn extra sitting right at their home. This gives a scope for future in dropshipping business. As am being in...

asked Oct 5 '11 at 20:07
Blank
Karthic
1 point

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.12K Views
What is the difference between company name, brand and trademark?

I have some ideas that I plans to execute later. But for the moment, I want to "secure" the name, logo etc. of the business. I for one cannot seem to figure out the difference between the company...

asked Sep 28 '11 at 05:32
Blank
Sriram
174 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
6.26K Views
Legal requirements to start a ecommerce website in India

I would like to start a ecommerce website in India, could you please help me with the legal requirements and any guidance for this. My intent is to sell merchandise through internet. Do I need to...

asked Aug 27 '11 at 00:29
Blank
Raga
4 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.7K Views
What is the most economical way to pay people and companies in India from the US?

For the past several years we have used Paypal to pay freelancers and outsourcing companies in India. But as of March 1, 2011, it appears that Indian banking laws have changed and we can no longer...

asked May 7 '11 at 11:14
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.08K Views
Planning for venture funding in India and the road ahead

I worked for few government organizations on contractual basis for four years. They were my premium customers for custom software applications. After freelancing for these many years and learning...

asked Apr 21 '11 at 23:33
Blank
Rpk
208 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.34K Views
Can US LLC own Indian Pvt Ltd

Does anyone know if a USS LLC can wholly own an Indian Pvt Ltd company? I know that many countries consider LLCs to be sole proprietorships and therefore do not allow them to own Pvt Ltds. Does...

asked Jan 1 '11 at 15:50
Blank
User6289
16 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
Are there any grants for starting IT business in India?

I have a unique and viable idea but no seed money. I also have low qualification (no college education) so no chance of funding by VCs. I am aware of many programs by US and other governments. Are...

asked Nov 12 '10 at 22:46
Blank
User5359
48 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
2.82K Views
Web Design Startup India -- Feel Alone & Depressed

I just started a new web design & SEO company in India. For now we are targeting US, UK clients only.. so no personal meeting only email marketing stuff. Most often I feel very alone and some...

asked Oct 12 '10 at 01:25
Blank
Kashish
95 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
Thoughts invited on unconventional ways of raising money

As I learn, fundraising is always a nightmare. It drains a considerable amount of energy. No matter how promising the pitch you make, it's not sure to entice an Angel or a VC. Even if they agree,...

asked Oct 21 '10 at 17:43
Blank
Sandeep Satavlekar
325 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.47K Views
Different ways to market my consulting firm in India

I am just into consulting (IT/ITES). Here the consulting means narrow downing the bridge between Job seekers and the Employers. The business is to get profile from the employer and find the...

asked Sep 22 '10 at 17:42
Blank
Tech Jerk
108 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.26K Views
Insurance solutions for online lending libraries?

We have started an online lending library for Children's books in India. As with any lending library we send books to our members home. As with lent any items they can get damaged, lost in...

asked May 23 '10 at 23:50
Blank
Hariraj
161 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.41K Views
Registering a software startup

I want to know what type of registration process is required for a software startup, specially in India. My startup specializes in LAMP and .NET. Is Microsoft Empower partner program worth...

asked Apr 20 '10 at 18:57
Blank
Rpk
208 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.35K Views
Is LLP a good option for software startups in India?

It's now possible to form an LLP in India. But is it a good option for a startup in India? Is it the right option when one partner may be from outside India?

asked Oct 10 '09 at 07:26
Blank
Tushar
16 points