Insurance Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.69K Views
How do I determine how much Liability Insurance I need?

We're starting a small business that will provide services locally. How do I determine what type of and how much Liability Insurance I need?

asked Jan 29 '11 at 07:52
Blank
Mcohen75
157 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
1.74K Views
Signing a business insurance quote

just a quick question - I know there are many companies online that compare business insurance quotes - which one is the most reliable one? Which would you recommend? Also, when signing their...

asked Jan 31 '11 at 00:39
Blank
Emilie Gray
36 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.28K Views
What kind of Product Liability Insurance should a software startup have?

So where does one look for insurance to make sure that they are sufficiently covered and what type of agent and research should a founder do prior to looking at insurance for covering liability of...

asked Dec 22 '10 at 03:56
Blank
John Bogrand
2,210 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Where to Research / Purchase Keyman Insurance

My partner and I have been looking for keyman life insurance so one or the other could buy our equity if we were to be disabled or killed; however, finding information about a policy is difficult....

asked Nov 22 '10 at 06:29
Blank
Kyle West
708 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
2.54K Views
Buying insurance against risks

I have a startup and I have LOTS of risks; 1) Companies suing me because of internal politics 2) My software is running on a corporate server, which I have no control over and if this goes down I...

asked Nov 25 '10 at 00:05
Blank
David
1,567 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
What type of insurance does an online payment business need?

I'm offering an online payment solution that other business will build upon. I'm going to have a service agreement that will promise certain things such as quality of service, uptime, etc. I will...

asked Sep 10 '10 at 09:03
Blank
Javid Jamae
347 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.24K Views
Insurance solutions for online lending libraries?

We have started an online lending library for Children's books in India. As with any lending library we send books to our members home. As with lent any items they can get damaged, lost in...

asked May 23 '10 at 23:50
Blank
Hariraj
161 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.87K Views
Single Founder - Keyman Insurance

I like the lean startup approach and our company has been set up to minimise its fixed costs. So we have one founder (me) "inside" but our development team, finance partner, attorney etc is...

asked May 27 '10 at 18:45
Blank
Stealth
76 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.19K Views
What kind of insurance do online startup companies need?

I thought one of the benefits of starting an online business is not having to purchase liability insurance. It turns out I was wrong. Is there a standard list that shows the type of insurance...

asked Jun 3 '10 at 13:14
Blank
Yasmine
206 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.81K Views
Is Employer's Liability Insurance necessary to operate in the UK?

After doing a bit of research into sponsoring foreign workers from a UK based company, I came across something interesting; according to the UK Border Association, a small business must have...

asked May 13 '10 at 19:50
Blank
Nbeecroft
515 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
Is professional indemnity insurance worth it for a software company?

This may be a silly question, and as you can see from the other question I recently asked, I'm trying to uncover the mystery about various types of insurance here in the UK, and the US as well....

asked May 14 '10 at 18:43
Blank
Nbeecroft
515 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.23K Views
Is patent enforcement insurance all it's cracked up to be?

There are a few companies out there that seem to offer insurance packages for small(er) players in a market that want to be able to defend patents that are likely to be infringed. On the face of...

asked Dec 16 '09 at 01:07
Blank
Michael
250 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.88K Views
Is it worthwhile to get business insurance?

And if business insurance is worthwhile, at what stage should a startup consider purchasing it? After the release of a product or launch of a service? Or is it good to have it in place from the...

asked Nov 2 '09 at 04:40
Blank
D Thrasher
894 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.53K Views
Is it necessary to get errors and omissions insurance?

Obviously, generally liability is a must have, but is it necessary to carry errors and omissions insurance? What should I consider when deciding whether or not to carry it?

asked Oct 10 '09 at 15:39
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points