International Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
7.76K Views
How can a non-US citizen legally receive Kickstarter funds?

My understanding is that only a US citizen with an Amazon payment account can create a Kickstarter project. If there is no project member in the States, is there some sort of agency that could...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 19:00
Blank
D3vid
113 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.98K Views
Amazon Mechanical Turk alternative for international startups?

Amazon just decided to limit the companies requesting jobs on their MTurk platform to those in the United States.How can startups that are based abroad request jobs ("hits" in Amazon lingo)? Are...

asked Aug 25 '14 at 15:44
Blank
Marilyn Chitwood
22 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Consulting company based in US accepting payment from European clients?

I have a consulting company and want to start accepting payments from European clients. The charges will usually be around 6,000 dollars. I feel like there should be a better way instead of doing a...

asked Jul 27 '13 at 07:00
Blank
Aconsulting
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.74K Views
What are the slow months for B2B, and why

We sell shrinkwrap software to other companies, and we've been in business for just less than a year. Our sales are about 45-50% to the US, 20% UK, 10% to Australia and the rest to other countries....

asked Aug 1 '13 at 20:14
Blank
Paul Stovell
204 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
2.63K Views
Better to open a company in my own country or in USA?

Recently I have been thinking about opening a new company, specifically, a pizzeria. I'm from Brazil and here I already have a restaurant on São Paulo - SP, state of Brazil. Initially my objective...

asked Jun 3 '13 at 06:45
Blank
Carlos Xavier
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Seeking For Start Up Funding

I am an entrepreneur in Zimbabwe, Africa seeking for funding to start up an import business of mobbile phones and accessories in our country from China and Dubai. How can i easily get a partner or...

asked Feb 20 '13 at 20:11
Blank
User25117
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Legal Status of USA/UK Start up forming

I and a partner wish to set up a company. One of us lives in the UK and the other in the USA. We both want to make sure we are one legal entity so we can sell shares, or if the start-up was bought...

asked Feb 15 '13 at 21:46
Blank
Slappybag
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Set up an American corporation for a foreign national

I know a US citizen, I'll refer to as Frank, who was approached by a friends brother, Harry, who owns a mobile data account management company in Canada. This company currently purchases accounts...

asked Feb 7 '13 at 06:52
Blank
Kyle Weller
108 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Telephone calls to leads outside of the US?

I recently began calling up people who fill out the lead capture form on my website (name, email, phone). I'm based in the US, and calling US numbers is no problem. But my product is available...

asked Nov 28 '12 at 04:59
Blank
Bc Web
101 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Choose US Bank for international company

I'm opening an Delaware LLC, and now choosing where to open bank account. My company is a very small consulting firm (software development, and we're going to run own product). We're located in...

asked Nov 7 '12 at 01:41
Blank
Igor Artamonov
113 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
What are the costs of selling digital goods from a EU country to a non EU country?

I am looking to setup a small business selling digital products, that are downloadable and or online questionaires. I want to sell internationally and am a European business. I have a potential...

asked Oct 25 '12 at 21:18
Blank
Jaget
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
Starting an Australian company while living abroad?

How can an Australian citizen (or two) set up a company in Australia while living overseas? Is it possible to pay a professional (e.g. lawyer/accountant) to fulfill the requirements of having "at...

asked Sep 30 '12 at 08:25
Blank
Nomadhacker
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
How to define US income on international sales?

I'm from Guatemala and i own a company here with license to export. Two days ago I ask another question here: Tax deduction for imported IT goods and services and @littleadv has given me a very...

asked Oct 2 '12 at 03:09
Blank
Darwin
110 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.47K Views
Advice on starting a company where founders are in different countries?

My co-founder and I are reaching a point where we need to make some decisions about where and how to incorporate. One of us is in the US (California) where most of our customers will be for the...

asked Aug 15 '12 at 05:53
Blank
Jwf
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
Where to base company if I want to move from country to country?

I am in a position where I am able to work from any location of the world. The dozens of clients I work with (currently as a simple self-employed) are scattered throughout the globe, and I work...

asked Jun 18 '12 at 06:32
Blank
Harry
1 point

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.19K Views
Suggestions for dealing with a monthly Subscription billed in $US but showing up in foreign currency as varying monthly amount

We just started a Monthly Subscription this year. We're now expanding it to non-US currencies (e.g., $AUD). The challenge is that the amount the customer sees (in $AUD) will vary every month with...

asked Jun 22 '12 at 15:12
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Which currency or currencies should I use to price my products?

I am preparing to sell software products to a global market. Customers will be companies of a technical or engineering nature. Cost of a license will be in the USD $500-$2000 range. Which currency...

asked Jun 23 '12 at 06:01
Blank
Paperjam
394 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.69K Views
Can I register a DBA in a state that I don't live in?

I currently live outside of the US and I want my small (one person) software company to be in US jurisdiction. I'm not making enough money yet to justify forming an LLC, so I thought about filing...

asked Jun 3 '12 at 20:38
Blank
Mike T
174 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
Managing multi-lingual website when you don't know the language

Internationalization and localization are some ways to test the water in various regions, to see which market you fit in best. I wonder if any of you has any experience in a multi-lingual web...

asked May 25 '12 at 14:33
Blank
Victor
593 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.47K Views
How to designate terms for international shipping via FedEx or similar services?

For years I've been using "FOB our office" to signify that the buyer pays for all shipping door-to-door, insurance, import duties, etc. In other words, we hand the package to the FedEx guy and...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 01:22
Blank
Martin's
121 points