Internet Questions

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.4K Views
Will video replace all images in the future?

In this day and age, images share a peaceful coexistence with video on the Internet. In the future, as download speeds get faster and broadband access reaches all 3rd world countries, is it...

asked Jul 28 '11 at 14:30
Blank
Jo Jo
148 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Should I Incorporate in Nevada for Internet Business?

I have an internet based business with no physical location and my business partners all live in different states. I want to incorporate and was thinking about doing it in Nevada or Delaware. The...

asked Jul 17 '11 at 15:14
Blank
Jason
11 points

9 Votes
5 Answers
3.3K Views
Is there any categorization or in-depth analysis of business models based on the Internet?

I was searching for some information, analyses and categorization for business models that are used in Internet-based businesses (basically: in the businesses that are conducted through the...

asked May 23 '11 at 10:00
Blank
Tadeck
56 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.84K Views
Datacenter internet UK? (Where to get 1GBPS?)

I'm planning to have one good server computer (Intel Xeon processor) running some linux server distro handling all the files for my file hosting website. I can buy it plenty of space (I assume I...

asked Apr 13 '11 at 17:44
Blank
User9331
113 points

2 Votes
7 Answers
3.07K Views
Is it a real pain? Should I spend a couple of month of my time on it?

I always hear that a good idea is to solve people's pain. Here I have one: Pain: When I really want to talk to some one. His/her phone is always busy/no answer/please leave message ... etc. So I...

asked Apr 14 '11 at 10:02
Blank
Ethan
11 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
2.82K Views
What is the best way to market on the internet when you're a business to business startup?

I'm in the process of launching my start-up and I just finalized my website today. I'm beginning to enter the initial marketing stage of my business but I'm not sure what strategies I should...

asked Apr 15 '11 at 14:55
Blank
Djs13
30 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.08K Views
Internet Marketing lessons/course for a startup founder

Possible Duplicate: How to promote my business using social networking Hi All, I am going to roll up my sleeves and learn internet marketing to make my startup succeed. Need help with links to...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 07:50
Blank
Seattle Techie
6 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.99K Views
How do you hire your first people to your startup?

I really wonder how do you hire your first employees if you were working on an internet startup alone. I really wonder if there are experienced people which started their startup alone and expand...

asked Apr 6 '11 at 14:08
Blank
To Rr0t
69 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
31K Views
Do testimonials have any significant impact on sales?

Testimonials seem to be a great idea (social proof, etc), but I'm not sure they have any meaningful impact on sales. And they could actually be causing problems for our existing customers. For...

asked Mar 4 '11 at 13:58
Blank
Steven
1 point

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.73K Views
What is needed to digitally sell and distribute software (videogames) to the US?

I'm currently developing a game with a few friends and have plans to sell it and distribute it worldwide via digital means. I'd like to know what I should take into consideration if I want to sell...

asked Dec 16 '10 at 09:38
Blank
Kensai
111 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.77K Views
Does it matter which state I incorporate in if I don't live in the US?

I'm a US citizen, and would like to start an internet company in the US, however I don't live in the US. As my kind of work can be done virtually, a physical presence isn't necessary. Typically...

asked Dec 24 '10 at 21:17
Blank
Noli
131 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
Where to start business. I am planning to move countries - can my business when started relocate easily?

I currently live in South Africa, but I am an Australian citizen. I am planning to relocate to the UK for 2 years and then Ireland indefinitely. I am building an online business to market a product...

asked Dec 29 '10 at 19:20
Blank
User6226
11 points

12 Votes
1 Answers
2.63K Views
Startup Documentaries for IT industry

I am looking for more startup documentaries/movies. The ones I have seen: On Startups E-Dreams Startup dot com and its follow up ABC News UpClose Kaleil Tuzman The Social Network On PC industry...

asked Dec 9 '10 at 14:20
Blank
Ben
522 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.19K Views
How will HTML5 impact the internet landscape?

I attended Geek Fest today in Charlotte, NC and attended a session from Hunter Loftis (@hunterloftis ) Along with some new cool features of HTML5, I learnt that HTML5 has huge potential for being...

asked Nov 11 '10 at 15:51
Blank
Birender Saini
271 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
views about the competition between Internet Companies in Chinese

Nowadays the hottest top about the Internet is the competition between "360"(a Free Antivirus Software in China) and Tencent(the ower of QQ,a famous IM software in China),The take computers of...

asked Nov 2 '10 at 13:43
Blank
Kit.Yang
108 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.9K Views
How do you use web data with heuristics to group customers

I've read a few blogs on identifying a customer type from how they get onto your page. I'm not familar with these techniques but the implications I find intriguing and would like to incorporate...

asked Nov 4 '10 at 12:40
Blank
John Bogrand
2,210 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.53K Views
How do I attract users to an empty website so that they can add content?

I have started a website that I believe will be very useful, however it requires the public to report their own experiences. The problem is that when people visit the site they see that it doesn't...

asked Nov 5 '10 at 08:22
Blank
Scott Griffis
23 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
2.53K Views
Picking a domain for new company

There are so many domain names taken, but the sites there are like haunted houses. Is there a way of repossessing them? Like offer to begin an auction? Best,

asked Oct 8 '10 at 03:29
Blank
Vass
128 points

6 Votes
10 Answers
3.63K Views
What is the best book on marketing you have ever read?

What is the best book on marketing you have ever read?

asked Aug 24 '10 at 21:23
Blank
Steven
1 point

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.8K Views
Are there any genuine online job/work that can earn you some money?

This may be a vague question but i was always wondering this, of course i am not talking about spamming nor things like that but about genuine and reliable online job/work that can be done from...

asked Aug 27 '10 at 00:52
Blank
Prix
133 points