Interns Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.22K Views
Hiring interns instead of employees? Would it be a red flag for investors?

Would it be a red flag for investors if we (2 co-founders) have our entire team comprised of part time interns instead of full time employees? We are looking for a sizable seed round (between $1m...

asked May 16 '14 at 17:11
Blank
Karen Seals
4 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
Is it feasible to manage 3 to 5 developer interns at a new startup without being in the office?

There's a brand new startup which has a lead developer. The other co-founders who are not technically savvy are thinking of bringing in 3 to 5 developer interns during the summer because the...

asked Feb 12 '13 at 23:32
Blank
Thierry Lam
136 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
6.9K Views
Is internship considered as "work-for-hire" in the US? Who owns the software intellectual property rights created by an intern with no contract?

I was an intern in a small furniture company for over year where I had an idea to develop an integrated software solution that would help any company of the same type get organized. A verbal...

asked Oct 22 '12 at 03:45
Blank
P T
11 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.14K Views
College Interns v/s Professional Developers?

We are currently facing a dilemma as to whether should we hire interns from colleges (as their summer vacations are about to start) or should we approach some professional guys to build our...

asked May 20 '12 at 04:50
Blank
Addi Xn
23 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Internship Offers Negotiable?

Are offers for interns negotiable? I'm sure this varies from company to company, but most startups don't have a formal intern program like much larger companies and probably far fewer applicants...

asked Apr 1 '12 at 08:21
Blank
Bhan
111 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
Hiring a Sales Intern

I am considering hiring an intern for this upcoming summer. This intern would be responsible for primarily cold-calling potential customers and trying to drive sales. I don't know much about pure...

asked Feb 9 '12 at 03:02
Blank
Startup Leader
140 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Legal issues in setting up an affiliate program?

Are there any legal issues with setting up an affiliate program? Basically a system where people can get rewarded for referrals. Even if there's nothing major, are there any words you should make...

asked Sep 15 '11 at 10:53
Blank
Babonk
143 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.77K Views
Hire a College Intern

How should one go about trying to offer internship to students at XYZ university? And is it even possible for a startup company? Some sample conditions that would be under...

asked Mar 24 '11 at 07:21
Blank
Mat Banik
325 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.69K Views
Where can a CS student find internships for startup companies?

I am master student in computer science. I will graduate in May. It's been exhausting for me trying to get a software engineer job. I think it will be easier to just start with an internship. Is...

asked Mar 11 '11 at 16:08
Blank
Luke412
11 points

1 Votes
8 Answers
3.37K Views
Typical Pay or am I being taken advantage of

I have an internship for a small engineering company in the USA. I have been working about three years now. What started as an internship turned into a full-out job, and I have worked to take a...

asked Aug 26 '10 at 16:16
Blank
User4070
8 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
Do you think a student could help a start up in marketing /lead generation?

I know that to find leads in my business start up you have to blog, create webinars, SEO, PR, social networking and just do good rich content that can be easily found. So with no budget to do the...

asked Apr 27 '10 at 06:32
Blank
Stacey
484 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
4.48K Views
What do I need to know about hiring an intern?

My bootstrapped startup (Textaurant ) needs some help with market research. Since we're so close to two of my alma maters (undergrad is ~1 mile, grad is ~5 miles), I figured I would reach out to...

asked Jan 13 '10 at 03:10
Blank
Josh Sam Bob
1,578 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
What are cool gift exchange ideas have you encountered for small startups?

In my offices, books have the tendency to get groans (usually the thick ones), MMORPG game cards can be quite addictive and gets some folks bleary eyed for weeks, while everyone else wishes for an...

asked Nov 23 '09 at 13:25
Blank
Alex Lam
699 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.74K Views
Looking for a template for a mentoring or coaching program

I am at a startup and we are looking to bring on board a two interns. One is marketing and the other iPhone Development. Looking for templates or website to help create a mentoring and training...

asked Oct 13 '09 at 10:23
Blank
Derek Beda
221 points

4 Votes
9 Answers
3.55K Views
Are interns worthwhile?

Derek's question inspired another question... for a small startup (bigger than a one-man shop, but less than a dozen) are interns worthwhile? In my experience, I've run into a few...

asked Oct 13 '09 at 12:10
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.27K Views
Best place to find software development interns?

So you have decided to hire some interns... You don't have much time to go to a college/university and get the word out... where do you find the best interns for software development? I know of...

asked Oct 15 '09 at 08:55
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.74K Views
You have a list of potential interns for your software development shop... what do you ask to select the best ones?

SO you have a list of resumes for potential software development interns, what do you ask them to make sure you get the best one(s)?

asked Oct 15 '09 at 09:06
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points