Investors Questions

3 Votes
4 Answers
7.81K Views
I am looking for a simple investor agreement for a convertible note

Our self-funding is running out within 2 months and we are probably a month to 4 months away from revenue. We hope we won't need financing, but we have to be prepared. I've already spoken with a...

asked Mar 9 '10 at 15:02
Blank
Tim J
8,346 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
Should I seek an investor simply for credibility and exposure?

I am frustrated. I am a software engineer, not a marketer. I recently launched a website called Trivlike, and online matchmaking site that uses trivia to match compatible people. I spent 6 months...

asked Mar 19 '10 at 14:38
Blank
Joe A
1,196 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.58K Views
Finding the right VC

I am looking for a VC that invests in the homeland security or access control industries... Is there a website where I can search for VC's according to the field in which they invest? I found...

asked Feb 26 '10 at 01:11
Blank
Ron Ga
2,181 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
4.11K Views
Is there an index of startup incubators around the world?

Is there a list of places like the YCombinator, CapitalFactory etc arranged by their geographic operating regions?

asked Feb 27 '10 at 07:01
Blank
Scott
63 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
The easiest way to angel invest between two countries?

Is there a quick and easy way for a person based in Europe to invest in a startup (incorporated) in Asia?

asked Mar 5 '10 at 23:49
Blank
Eric
352 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.74K Views
If I go to meet an angel investor without a business plan, will he dismiss my attempt immediately?

Can I probably get an investment from an angel investor even if I don't have a business plan? I have developed my website and my website is undergoing testing and it can be shown to an angel investor.

asked Feb 5 '10 at 23:29
Blank
Steven
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
different investors for different products under one startup

We are a startup building 3 social media apps. We have managed to attract two investors to two of our apps. The problem is we were pitching it to them as stand alone products and not under one...

asked Feb 7 '10 at 15:22
Blank
Eric
352 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
3.78K Views
I am the founder of a website. If I go to meet an angel investor,what questions will he probably ask me?

I have developed a website. It is under internal testing. My website is a platform. You can ask for people to do something for you and you pay them; on the other hand, you can do something for...

asked Jan 13 '10 at 12:22
Blank
Steven
1 point

1 Votes
7 Answers
2.84K Views
"What does your website do?" My answer is

Suppose you are an angel investor and I want you to invest my website, you may ask, "Tell me, what does your website do?" I answer, "My website is a platform. You can seek for people to do...

asked Jan 13 '10 at 13:06
Blank
Steven
1 point

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.89K Views
Do investors require a mangement team? What if there isn't one?

From an investor point of view, the cliche is "investor prefers type A management team with a type B product rather than the reverse". A startup cannot afford CFO, CEO. Founder has to roll up the...

asked Dec 2 '09 at 14:11
Blank
User1721
46 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
3.62K Views
How to justify ROI?

I very much apprectiate the responses from those who answered my questions on sensitivity and management. This is a followup question. For every investment opportunity, there is the magic number,...

asked Dec 3 '09 at 13:32
Blank
User1721
46 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
Promote an enterprise application - Crowdfunding or investors

Let me introduce my situation. I made an intensive research about the area of my product (that is a software), I have the prototype, the business plan, the promo video, the landing page and blog...

asked Feb 20 '14 at 22:39
Blank
------
1 point

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.32K Views
Raising money from friends who are non-accredited investors?

I am wondering as to what is the best (easiest) way to raise money from interested friends who are non-accredited. I feel like I am fortunate enough to have some wealthy enough friends who would...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 10:18
Blank
Vineet
1,080 points