Investors Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
How common is it to raise money for a company that will provide a variety of unrelated products?

My partner and I have come up with a unique technology that can provide a solution to many small scale problems. We've been working on the technology full-time for the past 5 months and now we are...

asked Feb 20 '13 at 19:57
Blank
Daniel
18 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Percentage allocation for my startup reasonable?

I've developed a new product that I am going to be selling and putting on the market. I had been planning on funding everything with my own personal savings. I have a friend (Mike) who believes in...

asked Feb 26 '13 at 16:01
Blank
John
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
Is it possible to start a self sustaining web design business with limited finances and experience? Do i need a partner?

I want to start a web design company, and ultimately a brand name. I am hoping to acquire skills, financing, and contacts simultaneously. Is this possible? Can one generate enough money with...

asked Mar 1 '13 at 01:57
Blank
D Keifer00
6 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.64K Views
What options are best offered to investors?

I have been planning for years and slowly working on launching my own business again. I have read many articles and I have debated on going the route of an investor but I am unsure on if I should...

asked Feb 9 '13 at 08:22
Blank
Matt 2.0
188 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.79K Views
How should I forecast numbers in the business plan?

After searching and referencing many types of business plans I am trying to figure out how to forecast my competitors profits to demonstrate the potential profit for the company. However, I am...

asked Feb 12 '13 at 06:23
Blank
Matt 2.0
188 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
1.95K Views
Do Investors Care that We Have Other Businesses?

My partner says that if investor come and ask whether we have other businesses I should say no. However, I find it strange While this can be shoehorn into "looking your best" (The other bizs are...

asked Jan 28 '13 at 21:30
Blank
Sharen Eayrs
118 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
Finder's Fees and SEC regulations

I've been advised on multiple occasions that agreeing to a finder's fee as a percentage of capital raised is illegal in the United States, unless the "finder" is a licensed broker-dealer. Despite...

asked Jan 30 '13 at 02:33
Blank
Channel72
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
Investor Q&A Readiness

We are an early stage web startup, and do not have anyone with deep financial experience on our team. Is not a likely option at this point. We are pitching to investors in a contest setting next...

asked Feb 1 '13 at 08:38
Blank
Laramie
192 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.99K Views
Thoughts on offering Software development in return for Equity for a tech startup

I have been developing some software for an online venture in return for significant equity. I am working with another founder who is developing the business. The current thinking is to value our...

asked Feb 6 '13 at 07:51
Blank
Sam Jolly
116 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.25K Views
Identify the different points of view that an investor will have for a new business

I am currently trying to create from scratch a new business. Is a high cost start business and I dont have the necessary funds, only the information of how to do it, that means from the customers...

asked Jan 16 '13 at 02:52
Blank
Voislav Sauca
83 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.55K Views
How to protect investors from founders leaving when out of money

We have founding partners who work for our start-up company full-time. We are now having a first external equity investor coming in. We have enough financing to last about one year at which time we...

asked Jan 17 '13 at 05:21
Blank
User23570
6 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.62K Views
When and how do I approach an investor?

I've been working on my startup for about 3 months now. Currently we have two active team members: a backend developer and a frontend developer (myself). Now we're looking to get investments so...

asked Jan 27 '13 at 03:41
Blank
Michelle
168 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
With the rampant invest-in-clone-markets system prominent in India, how does one pitch in for some fresh concept?

Angels and VCs in India seem to be living in a "third world" in terms of their risk appetite and appreciation of a new concept or idea. A major part of funding to startups in India goes to...

asked Jan 27 '13 at 07:31
Blank
Ikartik90
108 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2K Views
Talking to investors whose portfolio company is a competitor

We're trying to decide whether or not to talk to an investor who has invested in a lot of companies, and one of them has some overlap with our product but has a different business model (b2b vs...

asked Jan 5 '13 at 08:13
Blank
User22400
21 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.32K Views
How can a first time entrepreneur pitch himself to an investor?

The founding/management team is one of the critical areas investors look at in a startup. Usually the team is more important than the idea/product. Investors like to see a proven track record of...

asked Jan 12 '13 at 06:56
Blank
Zuly Gonzalez
9,194 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
Why investor require start-up having a co-founder?

I contacted a lot of investors and accelerators. I found most of them don`t care about the product itself too much, but strongly requiring start-up should have a co-founder. Why? Perhaps some of...

asked Dec 15 '12 at 09:26
Blank
Anlai
375 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.73K Views
Angel Investor Compensation

I have a few investors who are looking to fund my startup. Normally, how does the compensation work between the startup and the investor? Is it similar to the stock market where the investor buys a...

asked Dec 16 '12 at 11:04
Blank
Taylor Niver
68 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
How to find genuine investors online?

How to find sound (Small Business) investors that can recognize an outstanding opportunity when they see one? I mean how to find them online? Cuz it’s such a waste of time when one (startup...

asked Dec 17 '12 at 01:30
Blank
Di Cheetal
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
How should I protect myself from intellectual property theft before I pitch this game to Scopely?

(For the impatient, the main question is at the bottom of this text.) I was reading this article and a couple of others about Scopely, a game development company responsible for the creation of...

asked Dec 19 '12 at 10:15
Blank
Baptzmoffire
3 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.19K Views
How can I get seed funding for an educational startup?

I have looked into Imagine k-12, and sadly they are closed to new applicants right now which I'm super bummed about, and NewSchools. How else can I get seed funding for an educational startup that...

asked Dec 2 '12 at 19:18
Blank
Apis Girl
38 points