Ios Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
5.22K Views
How to promote a mobile-only app?

What are the best ways to promote apps that are mobile only? Most apps only have a 1 or 2 pager site that just links to their listing on the App Store. That isn't really a good way to bring in new...

asked Jul 14 '14 at 18:43
Blank
Alexandra Leong
2 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
6.82K Views
Which ecosystem to build an app for first: iOS or Android?

We are building an app that caters to the B2B crowd, and our initial research has shown that our audience is split evenly among the platforms.Both of us are non-technical co-founders so we will be...

asked Jun 27 '14 at 15:42
Blank
John Moe
14 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.48K Views
How to submit iOS apps to Apple as a company, instead of an individual developer?

I have a developer account already that I pay $99/year for. How can I (and should I) submit apps as my LLC instead?Does that offer any benefits apart from users seeing a company that made the app?

asked Jun 6 '14 at 00:26
Blank
George Lopez
9 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
5.08K Views
Objective-C or the new Swift for developing iOS apps?

Apple released Swift yesterday at WWDC. It's a high level programming language that is going to make developing iOS apps much easier for new programmers.I know neither Objective-C or Swift at the...

asked Jun 4 '14 at 14:43
Blank
Theresa Darrell
14 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
4.98K Views
Got an offer for my app. Should I sell?

I have a free trivia app that I launched about three years ago, which generates about $90K in revenue each year. My costs are very little and most of it is profit. The only real cost is my time to...

asked Mar 29 '14 at 01:10
Blank
User32788
74 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.69K Views
I'm publishing a game on both App store and Google Play. How do I attract users after launch?

What are some of the most important things I should be doing after pushing games live to attract users?How did Flappy Bird get it's traction? All I've read in articles is that the game was live for...

asked Mar 20 '14 at 19:57
Blank
Elizabeth Wilburn
25 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.36K Views
Should I focus on creating a perfect iOS app or two decent apps for both iOS and Android?

My startup is bootstrapped with limited resources. Is it better to just focus on the iOS ecosystem or would we be missing out on significant market share on Android by doing so?

asked Mar 6 '14 at 11:25
Blank
Bobbie Rice
50 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
Creating an affiliate program for my iPhone app. Which action should I consider a conversion?

I have a free iPhone app with in-app purchases. I'd like to create an affiliate program for it to get distribution, but not sure which variable to link as a completed action to pay...

asked Feb 28 '14 at 19:16
Blank
Jerry Phillips
20 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.7K Views
iOS App Store models: Paid or Free with in-app purchases?

I'm in the process of hiring someone on ODesk to create a first version of an iOS app idea I have. In your experience, which type of model generates more revenue? A paid app from the get-go or a...

asked Feb 5 '14 at 21:54
Blank
Chrissie Gray
1,107 points