Jobs Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
Choosing between startup, juicy job offering, or both

I'm kind of in the dilemma of choosing between continuing with my startup or accepting a very well paid and intellectually motivating job offering from a multinational company who just opened a...

asked Nov 5 '11 at 15:43
Blank
Anon789789
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.74K Views
Finding the right startup

One of my friends is itching to leave a very well paying job in a big corp. and join a startup. But since startup's don't get enough visibility, finding the right start can be a challenge. Are...

asked Nov 7 '11 at 03:23
Blank
Egon
106 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.7K Views
How informal is too informal for a startup job posting

Do you think this is too informal for an opening to a job posting: We are in need of a super-motivated pirate/ninja/rockstar/(insert more web 2.0 buzz words) marketing/bizdev guru to join our...

asked Sep 6 '11 at 01:15
Blank
Nextgenneo
327 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
How to Find a CMO for niche products

I currently run two 3rd-party poker related SaaS and will soon launch another. Both products are very specialized and niche but there is a large demand for both products within the community. My...

asked Sep 3 '11 at 01:47
Blank
Nextgenneo
327 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.64K Views
Can a telecommuting job help one grow his skills compared to job at office?

How would you compare a telecommuting (overseas) job at a startup (when everything at the startup be it the work, the environment, the people, etc looks exciting enough) with another job at the...

asked Aug 19 '11 at 03:19
Blank
Atul Goyal
496 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Should I suspend my startup?

I was working for a large financial firms as Senior Technical Architect, spending almost 15 hours a day. I quit my job around 18 months back to start this startup and taking an underpaid/under...

asked Jul 7 '11 at 18:17
Blank
User11074
39 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.16K Views
Unsuccessful job posting, what did I do wrong? What should I focus on?

First, it is not my intent to abuse the Q&A forum to hire people, I'm asking about what I've done wrong. I've removed my company name, details, and industry from the posting below. I'm a new...

asked Jul 12 '11 at 00:35
Blank
Incognito
123 points

11 Votes
3 Answers
6.54K Views
How to structure a resume after startup failure?

I'm in the frustrating position of looking for a job after spending two years building a start-up that has faced terminal challenges. My problem is that my start-up had little to do with my prior...

asked Jun 24 '11 at 03:13
Blank
Howard
56 points

5 Votes
11 Answers
3.87K Views
Where can I get a designer?

For my startup (web 2 SaaS) I am looking for a good designer, probably with HTML/JavaScript skills. It seems this is pretty difficult - all good people have jobs. So I am thinking about remote...

asked Jun 11 '11 at 16:58
Blank
Christian
3,590 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.44K Views
Is there any good IT startup company in Australia?

Am considering startup company as about to graduate.

asked May 9 '11 at 03:32
Blank
Ziliangdotme
9 points

12 Votes
8 Answers
3K Views
Is it customary to leave a start up when something better comes along?

I've came across a job post for a software engineer position at a recent startup. The responsibility included pretty much everything that involves programming. I would be an employee, and will not...

asked Apr 17 '11 at 01:03
Blank
Russell
180 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.06K Views
What ordinary youngster should place in CV?

I'm 16 years old and I want to start working somewhere on vacations, but to get employed to some interesting job I need a CV. What do you think I should place there ?

asked Mar 18 '11 at 03:42
Blank
Oneat
113 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.92K Views
Starbucks Interview Process - Hiring Happiness?

As a big Starbucks fan and avid traveller I have noticed a trend while travelling whether its from Toronto to Texas to California... All Starbucks employees seem to have a very similar personality...

asked Feb 28 '11 at 12:14
Blank
Chain
313 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.9K Views
New job to bootstrap startup?

Context: I started a SAAS based platform for small and medium sized companies around a year back. To save some time I intentionally took this underpaid job close to my home. I have successfully...

asked Mar 2 '11 at 23:56
Blank
User8226
197 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.32K Views
What would be the appropriate share?

I'm a software developer in a East European country working for a tiny software firm with only few developers. Our owner is also our manager; he lives in the North America and makes arrangements...

asked Mar 3 '11 at 09:08
Blank
James Blunt
8 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
2.84K Views
Where do you look for startup job openings?

I tried google but not very good results.. so I wanted to check with the folks here. Any advice is welcome..

asked Nov 4 '10 at 03:09
Blank
Birender Saini
271 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.81K Views
Are there any genuine online job/work that can earn you some money?

This may be a vague question but i was always wondering this, of course i am not talking about spamming nor things like that but about genuine and reliable online job/work that can be done from...

asked Aug 27 '10 at 00:52
Blank
Prix
133 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.79K Views
"Sales job" for students/pupils.....where to advertise?

We have a new product, which is targeted at wearers of eyeglasses. We sell quite nicely via our website, but we figured it was much more efficient to approach wearers of eyeglasses directly....by...

asked Mar 28 '10 at 01:51
Blank
Philobus
116 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.06K Views
What one government action would help you the most to create more new jobs?

The key to the economic recovery is the creation of more jobs. Small business is viewed as the job creation engine and all small businesses were start ups at one point. Governments say they are...

asked Mar 8 '10 at 04:46
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

12 Votes
8 Answers
3.44K Views
How will Healthcare Reform Impact Small Businesses?

So it looks inevitable now…the healthcare bill will probably be passed tonight. Without getting into the politics of it, how will this impact small businesses? How will this impact your company? Or...

asked Mar 22 '10 at 12:36
Blank
Zuly Gonzalez
9,194 points