Launch Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.63K Views
Suggestions for a video game site that deals with videos?

I'm about to launch a very (VERY) simple site for video games. It's basically a site that allows you to watch Youtube videos for video games. I'm struggling with the "chicken or egg" problem. I...

asked Feb 4 '11 at 03:02
Blank
Cbmeeks
135 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.79K Views
How do I choose the right sub-segment to market my new Q&A community to?

I'm launching a new Q&A community and was wondering how specific a market I should target while seeding and promoting the site in its early stages. If the ultimate goal is for it to become the...

asked Jan 19 '11 at 03:09
Blank
Zakgottlieb
103 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
2.72K Views
launching in about a week. what to prepare?

So finally, I have been able to successfully fix all the bugs and issues with my SaaS startup. Any guidance on what I should be preparing ? I know, I should've released early, but the lean startup...

asked Jan 25 '11 at 20:47
Blank
Kim Jong Woo
644 points

11 Votes
16 Answers
5.01K Views
startup service design - launch early with mediocre design or later with "perfect" design?

Have a look at the following layouts for some well known...

asked Jan 5 '11 at 07:37
Blank
Cherouvim
219 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
What makes a Successful Web Site Launch?

What are the 5 must-do basic things to have a shot at being marginally successful on a first day web site launch? The measure of success is defined (in our case) as at least having: 1) 50000 hits...

asked Jan 10 '11 at 04:15
Blank
Donald
136 points

8 Votes
10 Answers
6.45K Views
How to resolve a classic chicken and egg dilemma?

My team and I are facing the classic chicken/egg dilemma and need help resolving this issue. We built a highly scalable, dynamic career site 100% dedicated to the IT industry and are ready to...

asked Dec 27 '10 at 19:46
Blank
Donald
136 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.08K Views
What do you do when in "launch mode", above and beyond the norm?

We all have the normal day-to-day tasks and meetings and communications across functional areas. But what do you do specifically above and beyond that as you near a new product launch? It could be...

asked Dec 14 '10 at 13:34
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
when to switch a hobby/interest to a business

I've managed and started many businesses, and continue to work in a business advisory role today. I've recently initiated the closing of my fourth start-up (mostly due to lack of time, but there...

asked Oct 22 '10 at 01:19
Blank
Patrickgamer
234 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
Best time to launch my software?

Our team has been developing a product which we initially wanted to release in early November. Although we are nearing the final stages, private beta testing is continuing to reveal new and...

asked Sep 3 '10 at 12:58
Blank
Tanvir Chowdhury
165 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.91K Views
How to launch software: Hollywood launch or Gmail approach?

As far as I know, there are two recognized way to launch Software: Hollywood launch 1) Teaser 2) Preview 3) Launch Gmail Approach 1) Few invites 2) Beta 3) Buzz and Marketing 4)...

asked Sep 22 '10 at 18:19
Blank
Systempuntoout
121 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
4.4K Views
Does putting Google Analytics' and Clicktale's code onto our password protected Alpha site expose the content?

We are launching a new site this summer and will have the Alpha version available shortly. We'll be testing this privately with a small group of trusted people before we do our public launch. To...

asked Jun 9 '10 at 21:51
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.31K Views
Launch during summer or wait till autumn?

We are planning to launch productivity web app :) Summer is defiantly slow time on web and I was thinking, is it better not to launch in summer and wait till autumn?

asked May 12 '10 at 16:53
Blank
Daniil Harik
13 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.48K Views
Should I launch 2 web startups at once?

I can't decide which one of two possible web services to launch so I am beginning to think that I should hedge my bets and launch both. Without getting into detail about each lets assume they...

asked Apr 21 '10 at 04:19
Blank
Bob Ross
119 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
Should I give my product away for free in the beginning?

I own a website service that teaches people a language in a fun way (just one language for now). There are over 50 lessons now and members compete to earn the most points by completing a quiz game....

asked Mar 13 '10 at 07:27
Blank
Aaron
38 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.92K Views
What's your one best idea to help a new social media / user generated content web site go viral?

We're launching a new web site in July - a mix of social media and user generated content. The site will have a broad and simple value proposition - think of this as horizontal segmentation. This...

asked Mar 14 '10 at 10:55
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
2.81K Views
What's your favorite book or resource for social media marketing?

I learned quite a bit of relevant information in reading David Meerman Scott's excellent book, "The New Rules of Marketing and PR" I'm looking for similar focused, tactical, and useful resources to...

asked Mar 20 '10 at 04:09
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

1 Votes
7 Answers
6.4K Views
How do I get reviews for my newly launched review website?

I recently 'soft' launched a site focused on providing a platform for people to read and write reviews about hotel gyms and fitness centers. I want to slowly start marketing the website but really...

asked Mar 4 '10 at 17:46
Blank
Mmorel
16 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.85K Views
Is Pre MVP a good idea?

Our Minimum Viable Product will be an online service. Development takes some time. Meanwhile we would like to release a small but supposedly impressive feature for free. The goal is to get some...

asked Feb 14 '10 at 02:55
Blank
Alex
32 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.59K Views
Why do some companies like Apple hide announcing their new product till the last moment

One reason I can understand is that they don't want competitors to find out the features of their product hence releasing their own product before they get a chance to release it themselves. I...

asked Jan 27 '10 at 10:30
Blank
Syed
445 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.7K Views
Should I start talking about my future product, or should I wait till its ready?

I've registered my small consulting company about a year ago and since then we provide consulting and support for several clients, one of which is one of the industry largest organizations in the...

asked Jan 15 '10 at 20:11
Blank
Krasimir Evtimov
150 points