Learning Questions

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.48K Views
What's the worst failure you had in business and what did you learn from it?

What's the biggest failure you had while building a startup and what was the take away?

asked Jun 16 '14 at 21:25
Blank
Verdell Smith
22 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.28K Views
What are the skills that a solo co-founder must learn and balance between?

I'm currently a purely technical founder who is working on a SaaS application.What kind of skills should I also be learning on the side to become a better solo founder and make my startup a...

asked Jul 25 '14 at 20:27
Blank
Lois Cooper
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.33K Views
What are the fundamental aspects of startups that entrepreneurs should learn before starting?

I'm looking to quit the corporate rat race and start my business. What are some basics I should read up on first before starting?

asked Apr 17 '15 at 12:14
Blank
Kimberly Lindley
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.9K Views
Is it worth getting an MBA before doing your startup?

Would you recommend getting an MBA in order to be better positioned to run a startup? If not, what are some concepts that MBAs learn that one can study on their own time?

asked Apr 18 '14 at 19:55
Blank
Ronald Ramos
12 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
Doubtful about going to a startup week-end

A couple of time I heard about people quite interesting by entrepreneurship, but not sure of themselves. They have no strong design or technical backgrounds and they don't necessarily feel skilled...

asked Oct 8 '13 at 03:56
Blank
As Te R
115 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
Monetising an e-Learning solution

I am currently researching e-Learning, and I'm hoping to launch a service similar to Khan Academy in the next year. It would offer learning tools for students all over the world. How should such a...

asked Dec 18 '11 at 23:49
Blank
Methuselah
105 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
Legality of using/embedding MP3s?

I am working on a language learning startup. I think that one of the best ways to study is through music. For that purpose I would like to include MP3s on the website, together with related study...

asked Nov 25 '11 at 12:00
Blank
Pogopuschel
101 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.07K Views
For an educational service startup, what would be the effect if we provide expert-exchange through webinars?

We are making a I.T based framework, which contains visual learning, MCQ-exam, student performance analytic. We think to put expert-exchange service in our business model. Here experts...

asked Sep 17 '11 at 04:53
Blank
Darshan Joshi
154 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.01K Views
For an educational services startup, how do you finalize your business plan and marketing strategy?

We are trying to target the education sector for our business, we are developing the resources with the following features: Interactive animation for subject content Examination Tracking system...

asked Sep 13 '11 at 17:51
Blank
Darshan Joshi
154 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.59K Views
What was the last book you read?

Possible Duplicate: What books do you recommend? Being an entrepreneur, we may need to learn from books. What was the last book you read? To me, it was "Founders at work".

asked Dec 20 '10 at 00:30
Blank
Steven
1 point

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.43K Views
What are the must-have books on brand development?

There are books for every topic which most in the field consider definitive or must-haves. For instance, for usability and application design, Designing the Obvious, Don't Meke Me Think, and The...

asked Dec 1 '10 at 16:34
Blank
Calvin Huang
126 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.06K Views
What is one thing you would change about yourself, if you could - 5 years ago?

I would - Stop over-thinking about ideas, pick the best one and execute it.. I have lot more to add but this is the top most I think - What is your top most thing you would change about yourself?

asked Nov 14 '10 at 04:22
Blank
Birender Saini
271 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Where to find a partner for an e-learning startup

I am an owner of popular website, devoted to services for learning of English words. This market is a very competitive, but we have small growth. I want to establish a company in the United States,...

asked Sep 22 '10 at 09:53
Blank
Nulldevice
111 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
3.14K Views
What skills should i get to start?

im a system administrator and have some ideas and small amount of money to spare. Despite i am a tech guy, i actually have a problems learning programming(trying a few times with deplhi then with...

asked Sep 24 '10 at 00:15
Blank
Coolface
8 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
4.35K Views
Would you put an open discussion forum on the products website?

We have a website, which is the entry point to install our software product. The software is targeted to wide range of individuals. My question is - should we put a forum on our website and allow...

asked Jun 30 '10 at 19:58
Blank
Pawel A
191 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
4.7K Views
What are some resources to watch example pitches?

I like to learn by example so I am trying to find sites that are putting recorded pitches up online. Examples would be: Shark Tank on Jason Calacanis's This Week in Startups -...

asked Feb 28 '10 at 02:23
Blank
Nicky Hajal
123 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.07K Views
Required meta skills for all entrepreneurs

What are the most important meta skills an entrepreneur should either have or develop to become more successful? When I refer to meta skills, I am referring to skills that can help a person...

asked Jan 22 '10 at 05:54
Blank
Barak Reeves
8 points

21 Votes
8 Answers
10.2K Views
Is Micropreneur Academy worth it?

Is Micropreneur Academy worth it? Any members on this site? Also, what does it cost? Background: I read the 'Software by Rob' blog and think he has some very good advice for the whole micro-ISV...

asked Nov 17 '09 at 13:43
Blank
Dog On
308 points