LLC Questions

A corporate structure whose members cannot be held personally liable for the company's debts or liabilities. Combines characteristics of corporations and partnerships or sole proprietorship.

4 Votes
6 Answers
18.8K Views
How do you split a company three ways without repeating decimals?

My co-founders and I have agreed on a completely even split equity of 1/3 each. In our operating agreement,however, we need to put down the percentage ownership stake for each of us, and aren't...

asked Oct 13 '11 at 02:40
Blank
Three Way Llc
23 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.83K Views
Do I need my own lawyer on a partnership agreement modification

Back story: I'm the majority equity and voting power holder in a multi-member LLC (Three members, I will call partnership). A year ago we had a partner's wife, who is a corporate lawyer, create a...

asked Apr 23 '13 at 03:07
Blank
Dragonman
120 points

9 Votes
4 Answers
4.19K Views
Finding a good lawyer / accountant for my startup

I have been told that deciding how and when to incorporate my startup is best answered by speaking to an accountant or lawyer about my individual needs. Besides relying on referrals, how can I...

asked Dec 9 '10 at 00:29
Blank
B. Kennedy
66 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.14K Views
What is the total tax (federal and state) I need to pay when selling LLC equity?

I am an LLC owner in US. I founded that LLC in 2010, and now an investor is going to acquire 90% of the shares of that LLC. Let's say he acquires it for 10M USD. What will be my total tax...

asked Aug 10 '19 at 16:47
Blank
Vivek Thakur
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.18K Views
100% virtual business, what city do I get a business license for?

I will be offering virtual business services online and could potentially be "working" from anywhere. Where should I get my business license? Does the city I get it for legally matter?

asked Mar 20 '12 at 13:06
Blank
User16817
63 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.07K Views
Hiring freelancers (national and international) as a Delaware LLC

As a startup apart from members of the LLC, we just want to utilize the services of freelancers rather than having any employees. Could you please let me know what are things that I need to be...

asked Oct 4 '17 at 13:56
Blank
John
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.64K Views
How to set up an LLC company in USA and a bank account for operating the LLC

Possible Duplicate: How to register LLC in USA or LTD in UK and bank account, for foreigner? Please help me out to form an LLC company in USA along with a bank account to operate it. I am an...

asked May 21 '12 at 18:08
Blank
Avinash
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
12.3K Views
Can we expense mileage as it incures?

I have a multi-member LLC and we elected to go the mileage route instead of actual auto expenses. Can we enter mileage as it incurs each week as an expense on our books? Or do we have to track...

asked Aug 29 '17 at 02:56
Blank
MissQB
1 point

6 Votes
4 Answers
18.5K Views
Filling out a W9 as a Single Member LLC

I previously operated my consulting business as a sole proprietor operating under my own name, using my SSN on W9 forms, etc. I have since registered an LLC and am starting to bring in clients. I...

asked Apr 17 '12 at 10:39
Blank
Eddy Luten
171 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
8.18K Views
How do I get rid of my business partner?

Recently it came to my attention that my business partner (50/50 LLC in CA, no partnership agreement) has been using the company account as a line of credit for himself. In the past 13 months he...

asked Jan 18 '17 at 21:01
Blank
sbg
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.52K Views
Do I need an LLC or can I start as sole proprietorship?

I want to start a business with no employee or brick and mortar, nor offices, just online e-commerce for products i design, but my first 6 -12 months will be just dedicated to prototyping and...

asked Jan 18 '17 at 18:01
Blank
Francesco Bertelli
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
6.22K Views
Can I deposit paychecks addressed to my name as sole proprietor into my LLC

I am an artist; voice over, makeup, author, performer, actor, singer, songwriter and artisan. I've created a single owner LLC. Does depositing my paychecks from all my clients directly into the LLC...

asked Aug 2 '16 at 19:49
Blank
Joell Jacob
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.49K Views
Does creating an LLC that is a holding company for other LLCs provide additional asset protection?

Are there any benefits to creating an LLC that does nothing but act as a holding company for other LLC entities?Does that provide any added benefits in terms of asset protection?

asked Mar 5 '14 at 16:39
Blank
Paul Newman
125 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.45K Views
Self-employed, no completed projects yet: can I write my laptop off my taxes?

I've recently started working on a couple of software projects that I hope will generate income in 2014. I eventually want to form an LLC, but I'll probably end up doing that closer to completion...

asked Dec 10 '13 at 19:30
Blank
Archagon
111 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.37K Views
Taking on a new team member and paying only in equity - legal aspects and pitfalls

Here's my situation. I founded a company very recently (currently an LLC) and have no external funding. I also don't have deep pockets. This is for a startup in the US in Washington state. I...

asked Dec 5 '13 at 18:53
Blank
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
5.74K Views
Using existing PayPal and Amazon accounts for new LLC

I'm going to start out by providing a bit of background info here. My actual question is in bold, below. So my wife and I run a website for digital artists that sells download subscriptions. This...

asked Nov 15 '13 at 09:55
Blank
Jordan Magnuson
8 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.46K Views
What should I get for my new business and should I wait until the new year to get it?

I have been working on something that has in the past been considered more of hobby. A couple months ago I got laid off from my full time job and have had a lot of time to devote to this venture. I...

asked Nov 18 '13 at 07:41
Blank
User29698
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.93K Views
Tax consequences to transfer ownership of single member llc to wife upon death

I have a single member LLC in New Jersey. Upon my death, will my wife be taxed (and how much) if I assign my ownership interest to her as per an operating agreement?

asked Nov 22 '13 at 12:28
Blank
Infi
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
Treating Capital as Expenses during the first year

I believe that during the first year of operations a new LLC can treat all capital (up to $50,000) as expenses instead of having to amortize over 180 months. I have 3 questions related to...

asked Oct 26 '13 at 02:45
Blank
John E Watson
14 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.45K Views
How are LLC members taxed?

If an LLC is setup with two members (50% each) and the total income is $200,000 annual, how does that work for each member with regard to taxation? Does each member have to file an income of...

asked Oct 31 '13 at 01:57
Blank
Dustin Davis
272 points