LLC Questions

A corporate structure whose members cannot be held personally liable for the company's debts or liabilities. Combines characteristics of corporations and partnerships or sole proprietorship.

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.52K Views
The effect of my personal credit on my new LLC

If I have "less than stellar" credit, does this mean that my new LLC starts off with the same "less than stellar" credit ranking?

asked Dec 10 '10 at 21:57
Blank
B. Kennedy
66 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
Is the Secretary of State the general office, state to state, for registering a company?

All varying acronyms of incorporation aside, what exceptions (i.e. particular states) are there to the assumption that from state to state, if I need to register my company (for whatever particular...

asked Dec 1 '10 at 02:03
Blank
Mfg
246 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
5.35K Views
Maintaining LLC control with less than 50% ownership

Hopefully someone can gimme a hand. This is actually a question for a school project, but I've got some ideas kicking in my head for a startup, so I have good cause to know this for personal...

asked Nov 7 '10 at 08:30
Blank
Matt H.
130 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.52K Views
US LLC formation for non-US resident

I plan to form an LLC in Delaware. I'm a citizen of an EU country and a resident of another EU country. Now... I manage a website that targets one of these countries and I need to be able to charge...

asked Nov 8 '10 at 19:47
Blank
User5276
21 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.28K Views
full-service incorporation/taxes/etc... firm - worth it? recommendations?

I'm interested in forming a one-man LLC in California, to do a website software-as-a-service (SaaS) business. But the more I look into it, it seems like a lot of paperwork and tax filings (e.g....

asked Nov 15 '10 at 20:49
Blank
Dustin Boswell
153 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.85K Views
LLC and address

I know this has been asked million times but i am still not sure. I bought a PO box number recently. I have looked at Mailbox Forwarding and EarthMail and others but none of them have addresses in...

LLC
asked Nov 19 '10 at 02:18
Blank
Blackhorn Assoc
21 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
5.15K Views
Claiming Laptop as LLC expense

I don't have a separate bank account for my LLC (I am sole owner). I am planning to buy a new laptop. How do I claim it as an LLC expense, come tax time? Related questions: What are pros/cons of...

asked Oct 27 '10 at 04:45
Blank
User5027
21 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.54K Views
Freelance Web Designer - Should I do LLC or just file SE 1040

Just keeping it simple. I am a freelance web designer, I have an accountant, and I take payments payable to my name. Is there any reason I should form an LLC? Am I safe to continue doing what I'm...

asked Oct 27 '10 at 11:30
Blank
Justin
76 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.69K Views
Cheapest way to llc/merchant account?

My current startup(which consists of two) is going through incorporation, registering the merchant account and hooking it up with Braintree. I saw Jason L Baptiste's interview on Mixergy where he...

asked Nov 1 '10 at 04:14
Blank
Emil Hajric
161 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Switching from a partnership to an LLC

I started my company as a General Partnership - partly to avoid fees while still ramping up, and partly because I wasn't foreseeing large revenue in the intial year. Time went by, and now I need...

asked Nov 6 '10 at 09:49
Blank
Traveling Tech Guy
155 points

7 Votes
1 Answers
4.31K Views
How does a business owner take money out of their business

Let's say I own a business selling widgets on the web. I'm incorporated, most likely an LLC. The business is doing really well and there is a lot of cash flow. Since I'm separated from the business...

asked Oct 9 '10 at 06:17
Blank
Keith
138 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.78K Views
What questions should we be sure to answer in an operating agreement?

I'm at the point of forming an LLC with a partner, and wondering about questions that aren't obvious but that should definitely be included in an operating agreement. Questions like, What are the...

asked Oct 11 '10 at 02:07
Blank
Riley
193 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
PMB and registered agent

I have seen PMB (Private Mail Box) services from The UPS Store, etc. I have also seen Registered Agent services. Are there any places that do both? One would seem to be a natural/common extension...

LLC
asked Sep 28 '10 at 13:04
Blank
Nelson
106 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.32K Views
Under what scenario would an out of state LLC NOT have to be registered?

There are a number of people asking somewhat similar questions on here, and typically the answer is a combination of: "You need to register as an out of state LLC" "There is no reason to not...

asked Oct 2 '10 at 02:08
Blank
User4581
11 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.68K Views
should I form a 1-man LLC?

I am a student and do freelance programming work to pay the bills until I graduate and maybe even after. I live in Kansas but I do freelance work across state lines (in Missouri currently) Is it...

asked Oct 6 '10 at 05:50
Blank
Schwiz
126 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.59K Views
Wanting to create another startup, should I create another LLC?

I already have one "startup" going, which is my web development job on the side. I have created an LLC for that. I now what to start another startup in a whole other industry. It will basically...

asked Sep 23 '10 at 22:52
Blank
Martin
1,340 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
19.4K Views
Can You Be A Partner Without Putting Up Money?

I'm running a LLC that is a spin off of another LLC. I was working for the original LLC for a year when the 2 partners decided to start the spin off LLC. I let the partners know I wanted to be...

asked Jul 21 '10 at 05:26
Blank
Anthony O
51 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.89K Views
S-corp or LLC for new software business in the United States

Pertaining to a new mISV (software business), should I choose an S-Corp or an LLC. Which would you choose and why?

asked Jul 7 '10 at 01:14
Blank
Phantom Typist
116 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.6K Views
What questions should I ask when interviewing a potential accountant?

We formed our LLC a few months back. We're developing a software product and we're planning to launch a very small private beta test in about a month. I'll be doing our bookkeeping, but I need help...

asked May 27 '10 at 12:48
Blank
Zuly Gonzalez
9,194 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.93K Views
US firm contracting and/or operating in Belgium

I have a US Limited Liability Company (a partnership) which does business in the US. We are a design and web development firm, providing web application design and development as well as web...

asked Jun 1 '10 at 02:50
Blank
Bennylope
103 points