LLC Questions

A corporate structure whose members cannot be held personally liable for the company's debts or liabilities. Combines characteristics of corporations and partnerships or sole proprietorship.

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.06K Views
First steps to starting an LLC?

I would like to get advice from others on what steps I should take before starting an LLC. I want to offer software development services through my company, and just want some pointers on things I...

asked Apr 26 '10 at 10:44
Blank
Thomas
116 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Business banking outside home state?

I am starting an internet service business, which I have registered the LLC in Wyoming. Although I reside in Illinois, I travel all the time for work and would like to maintain my Wyoming corporate...

asked May 4 '10 at 20:17
Blank
User3328
6 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
Taking Stock in Clients

All, I run a contract engineering firm, and I'm considering taking stock in some of my clients in return for reduced rates. I feel comfortable doing this given the continued level of income from...

asked May 8 '10 at 01:31
Blank
Xkenneth
140 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
5.51K Views
Do we get taxed if we don't generate any profits?

All, If I have an LLC, but during the financial year we haven't generated any profits yet, do we still get taxed? Does the law differ for each states in the US?

asked May 11 '10 at 20:13
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.6K Views
Registering an LLC in Wyoming

I am interested to register an LLC in Wyoming, but I currently do not have a US address. Is this possible? Do I also need a registered agent to register my LLC in Wyoming? Based on your experience,...

LLC
asked May 13 '10 at 07:58
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points

20 Votes
6 Answers
14.4K Views
How to choose between Cash and Accrual Accounting

I just started my first business. I’m debating on whether to go with cash-basis accounting or accrual accounting. From what I’ve read it seems that cash-basis is the easier method, but accrual is...

asked Mar 27 '10 at 13:54
Blank
Zuly Gonzalez
9,194 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.49K Views
What is the process required/recommended to convert a website into an LLC?

Given that I have a website that is making revenue, live in California, and would like it to be claimed under an LLC, what is the process to accomplish this? Should I be forming a sole...

asked Apr 20 '10 at 06:24
Blank
Matthew
118 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
13.5K Views
How many times a year do LLC's have to file taxes?

If I start an LLC where I am the only owner, do I only have to file taxes once a year (without getting penalties of course)?

asked Apr 20 '10 at 06:49
Blank
Robert
80 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
5.14K Views
What does it entail to form LLC in Nevada, if I live outside Nevada?

What does it entail to form LLC in Nevada if I live outside Nevada? I would like to benefit from Nevada's tax/business-friendly laws. I would be the sole founder a software business. The...

asked Feb 26 '10 at 16:16
Blank
Bill Paetzke
397 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
Is it possible for a teen to form an LLC or C-Corp?

Is it possible for a teen to form an LLC/C-Corp? If so, what are the costs, the process and the requirements? I'm a US Citizen but currently live in Bosnia. I'm 17, turning 18 on December 2nd.

asked Mar 3 '10 at 06:14
Blank
Emil Hajric
161 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.29K Views
When to set up the LLC?

I am setting up a web site similar to this one. At what point should I set up the LLC for it? Right before i publish it?

LLC
asked Feb 7 '10 at 04:45
Blank
Nick
16 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.37K Views
LLC Formation in California

I recently submitted paperwork to form a LLC in California. About a week after submitting my paper work, I came across this post: http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/107228.html One...

asked Feb 13 '10 at 05:36
Blank
Aac
85 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
22.8K Views
How can you keep money in an LLC account when it isn't taxed directly?

I know LLCs can be pass-through tax entities, so you don't pay tax at the LLC level but only on the income of each member. Is the money only taxed when used to pay members? Can you keep money in...

asked Dec 8 '09 at 12:39
Blank
George Jenson
108 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
6.02K Views
Why don't investors like to invest in an LLC?

I have read that if you are raising money, that an LLC is a dispreferred vehicle for your company. Why do investors not like to invest in an LLC?

asked Nov 18 '09 at 07:34
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

5 Votes
9 Answers
5.92K Views
Are LLC and "S Corporation" the same thing? What are the differences?

From what I have read, both LLCs and S-Corps give you the benefits of a Corporation for legal purposes while avoiding double taxation. However, I can't determine what the difference between the...

asked Nov 5 '09 at 23:08
Blank
El Presidente
26 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
3.27K Views
worth it to incorporate?

I live in CA, and I am publishing a Web site that I intend to generate a tiny amount of cash through ad revenue. It costs $800/year to form an LLC in CA which is exactly what I made last year in ad...

LLC
asked Oct 21 '09 at 02:12
Blank
Don Zacharias
132 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
9.02K Views
Seller permit to sell online in US for non resident

I am a non resident of US. I'm setting up this online store where you can buy consumer products - targeted at US market. When I approached wholesale suppliers who don't have any affliate model they...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 13:12
Blank
Jyothirmayee
11 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.7K Views
Can you registers a LLC if you're not in the US?

Is it possible for a foreign company to register a LLC in the US?

asked Oct 10 '09 at 13:33
Blank
Sean Lin
143 points