LLC Questions

A corporate structure whose members cannot be held personally liable for the company's debts or liabilities. Combines characteristics of corporations and partnerships or sole proprietorship.

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.45K Views
Should I register an online business in Nevada?

If I want to form an LLC to sell music digitally online, would it benefit me to form an LLC in Nevada (my home state is North Carolina), since I won't have a physical product? If I were to add...

asked Oct 31 '13 at 11:37
Blank
Jackie
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.77K Views
Would like to hire a full time programmer from India

I'm looking to hire a full time programmer in India. Of course he would need to pay tax in India. But would I also need to pay tax in USA? If I've got an LLC taxed as an S-Corp in California?

asked Oct 22 '13 at 12:19
Blank
Ron
21 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.15K Views
What does LLC mean to the consumer?

When I see a company labeled as Limited Liability Company, I think, "They aren't putting their heart and soul into this business." I then proceed to imagine that they might not be the best option...

LLC
asked Aug 29 '13 at 22:31
Blank
Agweber
111 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.35K Views
When to create the business entity?

If I'm moonlighting and building the product at night and on weekends - at what point does it make sense to establish a business entity (e.g. LLC, Inc, etc)? Would this make sense to only happen...

asked Aug 13 '13 at 22:23
Blank
Code Talk
253 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.73K Views
should I register the single member LLC with SOS?

I am starting a small business based in California and I will be working off of home until I can make money to rent an office. I have been advised to register as a single member LLC, but as I read...

asked Aug 14 '13 at 04:52
Blank
Pegz
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.72K Views
Can I incorporate in USA if i'm not resident and not American?

I'm a foreign national, and resident in a different foreign country. I have no ties to USA, and no intention to hire any employees there. Can I still register a company (e.g. C Corp)? If it is...

asked Aug 14 '13 at 12:26
Blank
Steve
310 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
How to separate teaching/consulting with product company I founded, or should I?

I've been teaching on the side as a technical expert throughout industry for the last several years, while maintaining a full time job. I have an established an LLC for this side business. Now, I...

asked Aug 16 '13 at 10:10
Blank
User27452
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
Owning shares in another LLC, what is the simplest way to go tax-wise?

Let's say I already own a LLC (single-member, disregarded entity). Now, I just closed a new business and have a partner in the US, a new LLC will be formed, with two members - my partner and I. I...

asked Aug 22 '13 at 02:19
Blank
Full Of Caffeine
3 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
How do I handle compensating a non-member of an LLC for IP?

My partners and I are in the process of forming an LLC for our startup. We're admittedly pretty new to this, and I'm confused about how to handle compensations for some IP a non-member contributed....

asked Jul 30 '13 at 23:28
Blank
Samuel Kordik
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.91K Views
Need tax help for CA LLC selling iOS/Android apps

last year, a friend and i started an LLC in california. we made a couple of mobile apps which we sell through apple, google, amazon, etc. shortly after that, i co-founded another startup, which has...

asked Aug 1 '13 at 07:58
Blank
Ben H
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.29K Views
Credit card for business expenses: not 100% business OK?

I'm thinking of starting an LLC for my app projects, and I'd like to keep a separate business credit card to make the corporate veil harder to pierce. However, a lot of my business expenses are...

asked Jun 12 '13 at 14:53
Blank
Archagon
111 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.88K Views
LLC, single person, internet-only business: what state am I "doing business" in if I'm perma-travelling?

I have a question similar to this one, with one difference: I'm going to be running my business while travelling the world over the next few years, both in the US and out. (I'm a resident of...

asked Jun 12 '13 at 15:56
Blank
Archagon
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
What address do I use to register LLC

I need some suggestion on the current situation that I am in. I am currently in PA, I have decided to start my web-based company and I've decided to move to the Bay Area by the end of this month. I...

asked Jun 17 '13 at 13:27
Blank
Ayrton Senna
124 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.76K Views
I live in California but will be consulting in Texas, where do I register my LLC?

I primarily live in California, but own a home in Texas. I will be fundraising for a Texas start-up, getting paid commission. Prospective funders are from all over the world. Where do I register my...

asked Jun 20 '13 at 05:09
Blank
Lsm0415
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.89K Views
Can an LLC hire an employee from another country?

Can an LLC hire an employee from another country? The LLC will be registered in Germany, and I want to hire someone from an Asian country. I have Googled this, but have not found any links related...

LLC
asked Jun 30 '13 at 00:40
Blank
User1905807
14 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
4.03K Views
Do you pay sales tax on open invoices?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I could not find it anywhere. My company is based in Austin, TX, US, and is an LLC. Do I have to pay sales tax on open invoices? I.e., Invoices for...

asked Jul 3 '13 at 12:39
Blank
Kevin Soviero
180 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2K Views
Contracting with existing LLC - How to payout wages

A friend of mine and I have recently taken on a part time consulting gig. The job involves building custom software, and we've agreed to work 16 hours a week on the project. The contract was made...

asked May 23 '13 at 04:46
Blank
Rob H
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.31K Views
Can I leave my LLC "VOID" in Delaware?

I wasn't aware that I had to pay Franchise Tax in Delaware, whats the worst thing that will happen if I leave the LLC "VOID". Can I still have a good standing LLC in NY?

asked May 29 '13 at 04:25
Blank
Nsh Please
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.15K Views
SellerĀ“s Permit in Delaware LLC for Non US resident?

I have recently received my Delaware LLC papers from my registered agent,I am a non US Citizen nor residetnt,the Delaware LLC can be own by non US Citzens with sole propietorship and has no sales...

LLC
asked Apr 26 '13 at 10:17
Blank
Valente
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.34K Views
Language for Articles of Organization LLC Ownership

I am in the process of drafting the articles of organization for my LLC. I would like to specify in there, that the ownership of the LLC is specified with units, and LLC members receive a certain...

asked May 2 '13 at 13:27
Blank
Olli
89 points