LLC Questions

A corporate structure whose members cannot be held personally liable for the company's debts or liabilities. Combines characteristics of corporations and partnerships or sole proprietorship.

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
Ownership without investment. Help

I started work at a company a few months back. I was brought in to head up a new division in the company. That division is separating as it's own LLC. I won't be investing any money into the new...

asked Feb 2 '13 at 02:43
Blank
Jane
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
Single-member LLC and filling out tax forms for advertisers who pay me

I have accounts with various advertisers and affiliate companies - let's just say Amazon Affiliates for the purposes of this discussion - and I've now registered a single-member LLC. During the...

asked Feb 8 '13 at 11:05
Blank
Artem Russakovskii
106 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
8.9K Views
Transferring money out of LLC business account to a personal account to pay a international supplier to avoid wire transfer fee

Our newly formed LLC (2 members) has a business checking account. It has a rather high international wire transfer fee for sending out payments from the US to overseas ($45). My partner suggested...

asked Jan 19 '13 at 17:42
Blank
User23618
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
Operating Agreement for a Single Member LLC?

I will be filing for an LLC very soon (as early as next week) in the state of Tennessee, which does NOT require an operating agreement. I talked with an accountant for a couple hours last week, and...

LLC
asked Jan 20 '13 at 03:09
Blank
David W
128 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
LLC with 2 members vs Corp to Corp

I am considering forming an LLC, developing a B2B service platform. I am an independent consultant/developer, and have been working with another individual for several years. Over this time, we...

asked Jan 24 '13 at 03:18
Blank
Conrad
108 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Most Appropriate Business Type for Selling a Virtual Product?

I run a business where sells certain ebooks and pdfs online. I want to form an official business entity just to be able to operate under that name, protect myself from liability as well as get any...

asked Dec 30 '12 at 14:47
Blank
Clifgray
200 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Acquiring Tax ID Number

We just got filed as an official LLC in CT and were wondering how we get our Tax ID number(EIN). We would like to open a bank account for the company and assume we need that to open one.

asked Jan 2 '13 at 06:40
Blank
Matt Clark
135 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
What entails conducting business in a state?

I am looking to form an Partner LLC in one of the tax haven states. I have been looking up the Pro's and Con's of doing this and it seems the major Con is that you still have to file and pay fee's...

asked Jan 11 '13 at 11:48
Blank
User22258
31 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
How do I pick a bank for my LLC (USA)?

I want to open a business bank account for my LLC to keep my finances separate. How, in general, should I go about shopping for a bank account? Relatedly, are there any particular banks that excel...

asked Jan 12 '13 at 14:04
Blank
Max
108 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.45K Views
C-Corp vs LLC. How much more complex?

I am starting a technology business with my 50% partner. We are trying to decide between an LLC and a C-Corp. (We are in Michigan) In our case an S-Corp probably won't work too well. I've read a...

asked Dec 5 '12 at 10:00
Blank
Thread7
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
5.72K Views
Should I be an employee of my wife's single member LLC?

I'm a software developer and for the past 15 years I've been moonlighting in addition to my fulltime job. Back in 2009 my wife formed a single member LLC and we started running our side jobs (she's...

asked Dec 8 '12 at 03:50
Blank
Dar Lom
113 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.61K Views
What does it mean to be registered as a professional company?

I'm going through the information and application for starting my LLC, and I came across the question: Will your business be registering as a professional company? I'm not sure what this means....

LLC
asked Dec 11 '12 at 05:39
Blank
Doctor Oreo
106 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
9.55K Views
Tax haven in Delaware with a single-member LLC formed by a non-resident alien?

While I'm researching what I need to pay in taxes for my LLC formed in Delaware (I'm a non-resident alien from China), I found this page which is very interesting:...

asked Nov 22 '12 at 20:02
Blank
Kavoir.Com
129 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
4.45K Views
At what income number does S-Corp save you money over a Sole Proprietorship

Situation Have formed a LLC in New York City. It is single member. Sole purpose is to sell mobile apps. Limited deduction opportunity. Running business part time. From home. Questions I'm trying...

asked Nov 24 '12 at 08:28
Blank
Drc
118 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
How does an LLC guarantee a debt?

In regards to LLC protection, if you are the only person in the company and personally guarantee a loan, your assets are not protected if you default. What is the other method of guaranteeing the...

asked Nov 28 '12 at 02:58
Blank
4th Space
125 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.34K Views
Choose US Bank for international company

I'm opening an Delaware LLC, and now choosing where to open bank account. My company is a very small consulting firm (software development, and we're going to run own product). We're located in...

asked Nov 7 '12 at 01:41
Blank
Igor Artamonov
113 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
An LLC working in multiple states

I recently filed my company as an LLC expecting to get some small jobs in my local area. Through my professional connections I might land a contract that would span in multiple states across the...

asked Nov 17 '12 at 00:48
Blank
User21643
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.88K Views
Downsides to setting up shell companies for sale?

I see plenty of shell companies for sale through reputable sellers: LLCs that have no tax ID number or bank account and that were established a few months to a few years ago. The market prices of...

asked Nov 3 '12 at 23:30
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.49K Views
Tax advantages for LLC in NY or NJ?

My partner lives in NY and I live in NJ. We will be doing business globally. We could have our offices in NJ. We would like to set an LLC in NJ, however, need to understand the tax implications for...

LLC
asked Oct 5 '12 at 02:41
Blank
J O
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.8K Views
H1B co-founder for company that may not make profit for 3-4 years

Our question is very similar to this one: While H1B can I work on my interested Idea as Startup with no intention of earning? We have one co-founder on a H1B visa who we want to make a legal...

asked Oct 7 '12 at 03:08
Blank
Sam
20 points