Location Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.72K Views
Can I use a UPS Store for mailing address and for service of process address?

I am starting an online company and for various reasons want it to be located in one city (in another state) that I visit frequently. I actually do much of the work for the company in that city,...

asked Feb 15 '11 at 22:21
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.93K Views
Where should startup founders live in the Bay Area?

My two-person education startup is looking to move to San Francisco for personal and business reasons. What are the possibilities and tradeoffs of where to live/work? Our general (somewhat...

asked Feb 7 '11 at 07:35
Blank
Derek Dahmer
306 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.93K Views
Start-up Address and Phone Number

What are people's perspectives on a start-up that has or doesn't have a physical location or phone number listed on their website? My site is currently still in Beta and I am still making...

asked Jan 25 '11 at 13:06
Blank
John
161 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
Where to start business. I am planning to move countries - can my business when started relocate easily?

I currently live in South Africa, but I am an Australian citizen. I am planning to relocate to the UK for 2 years and then Ireland indefinitely. I am building an online business to market a product...

asked Dec 29 '10 at 19:20
Blank
User6226
11 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
1.79K Views
Chile and "Santiago Valley"

Inspired by Vivek Wadhwa's post on TechCrunch, I've spend the last 12 hours researching Chile and thinking about moving to Santiago. Chile is really appealing to me right now. One thing I could...

asked May 4 '10 at 15:48
Blank
Amy B
131 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.89K Views
Best location for corporation setup with no physical location?

I'm looking to put together a "virtual studio" with no physical location, at least initially. The current portfolio of founders could potential consist of members in 4 different states and 1 in...

asked Mar 29 '10 at 09:17
Blank
Startup Advice
55 points

10 Votes
8 Answers
4.15K Views
What tips do you have for a new co-working space?

A few of us in Waterloo are planning to launch a new co-working space, and we've done a lot of the ground work, but I'm looking for any non-obvious tips and suggestions from veterans. If you have...

asked Dec 22 '09 at 04:54
Blank
Joseph Fung
1,542 points

3 Votes
8 Answers
3.94K Views
Is Houston, TX a good place for startup

Based on the discussion here, Houston was listed as one of the startup friendly state in USA. After doing some more research about the city of Houston I am very keen with Houston as it seems to be...

asked Jan 5 '10 at 10:13
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.98K Views
Packing up and moving to Silicon Valley. Stepping out of my comfort zone or just plain naïve?

The city I have lived in for the past 10 years just isn't a very good environment for internet entrepreneurs and I feel like it's holding me back. I just graduated from college in December so I've...

asked Jan 7 '10 at 16:51
Blank
Travis
26 points

2 Votes
7 Answers
3.16K Views
Does a startup really need to be located in Silicon Valley to be successful?

What's so special about the valley, besides being around other startup folks, that entrepenuers feel they must be located there? Now before you go off quoting Paul Graham or Marc Andreessen please...

asked Nov 25 '09 at 15:59
Blank
Joe A
1,196 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.77K Views
How might one get a local business directory for a niche of a category?

It is easy to white label or launch a hosted directory of local businesses; there are countless providers who can even segment the directory to a specific locality or category (i.e. restaurants,...

asked Dec 2 '09 at 04:13
Blank
Paul O'brien
521 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.46K Views
Online Marketing for Accountants & Lawyers - How should it be done?

If you were the owner/partner in a traditional professional services business, ie an accountant or a lawyer, how would you use internet marketing to build your practice? One path would be to run...

asked Nov 4 '09 at 12:57
Blank
Adam
446 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.4K Views
Is location important for a startup?

I always think that location is somewhat important for a startup, and I always think that USA is a perfect place for a startup because it has a large market (of 300 million people). My (premature)...

asked Oct 18 '09 at 08:03
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points

2 Votes
7 Answers
2.94K Views
How important is the location of the office for business' image?

I plan to start my venture from home; however, I am not sure if this is a good idea. Although, it will help me in saving capital, it may not look very professional (especially in India) to meet...

asked Oct 18 '09 at 19:03
Blank
Joydeep
185 points

4 Votes
8 Answers
5.28K Views
What is the best geographical location to do business?

This is a very subjective question. Anyway, what do you think are the factors that make a certain city or area a good geographical location for business. I'm sure there are way to many...

asked Oct 12 '09 at 23:27
Blank
Slavo
316 points