Management Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.07K Views
what is my job at my startup?

I know it's common to wear a lot of hats while at a startup, but I'm trying to understand my role is so that: a) if / when the company grows, I know what position i should navigate toward? b) if...

asked Feb 25 '19 at 02:18
Blank
Daniel Tirer
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.55K Views
Who manage the first devs in a small startup?

From your own startups experience, who was the one to manage the first developers hired? Why? And also was it a techy startup and how many founders you had / what their roles at the...

asked Aug 29 '17 at 14:39
Blank
Arnold Aaron
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
5.11K Views
Which CRM for a SAAS company?

We're struggling to find a CRM suitable for ourselves, a SAAS company. When customers sign up for trials, we want to be able to keep a record of their progress with prompts to call or email them...

asked Sep 19 '13 at 19:46
Blank
Igor K
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.66K Views
Actionable ways to create a company culture where everyone believes more in the idea than getting a paycheck?

What are some actionable things a founder does to create a company culture where people are motivated by the vision, and not just getting paid?Also, what are some resources you'd recommend reading...

asked Jun 27 '14 at 19:25
Blank
Bernard Childs
9 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.21K Views
Free tools for managing employees and hours

I am creating a service (PC maintenance) business and I need a tool for keeping track of which employees are available at what times. This data needs to be exported or otherwise accessible by a web...

asked Dec 1 '13 at 07:25
Blank
Joachim
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.61K Views
Setting unrealistic deadlines to push your team harder?

Is it better to set unrealistic deadlines to push your team harder or realistic ones?I have a feel that deadlines are like revenue goals -- you have to set the bar really high in order to get...

asked May 8 '14 at 14:07
Blank
Anthony Talley
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.64K Views
Best way to give constructive criticism to designers?

What is the best way to give constructive criticism to people in creative roles? That could include designers, copywriters, etc.I know most designers are numb from getting color / font change...

asked Apr 17 '14 at 21:41
Blank
Joan Stacy
7 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
Best piece of advice to be an effective leader?

What's the single one best advice you have received or can give to a new founder to lead their troops? Both my co-founder and I are introverts (engineers by profession) and now will be hiring our...

asked Feb 5 '14 at 09:51
Blank
Anisha M
31 points

9 Votes
7 Answers
4.2K Views
Is there hope for this worker, or should I just get rid of him?

I made arrangements for a recent college grad to come in and help us out with some part time development as an independent contractor. The guy does decent work when he's here, but he rarely can...

asked Aug 13 '13 at 02:23
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.34K Views
How to work online with employees staying outstation?

I run a small travel startup based in a remote town where it is hard to find skilled personnel or to get people to shift here. For this reason, I am planning to hire someone in a nearby town/city...

asked Aug 20 '13 at 01:55
Blank
Vaivhav
32 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
How to make people take initiative?

We are in a bit of a rough situation here. We have a team of 8 that seems to be committed to what we are doing. Most of them have full time jobs. Our start-up is more like a part-time or side thing...

asked Aug 6 '13 at 16:47
Blank
Noah
138 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
Freelance subcontractor used to be great, but now becoming less responsive

About a year ago I started working with a remote subcontractor, who has done some really great work for me since then. It is an ongoing project, and he has been very responsive and easy to work...

asked Jun 6 '13 at 22:19
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
7.71K Views
How to charge a client for outsourced work on hourly contracts?

I run a small web development company. I take on a few clients and do much of the work myself. Typically I build e-commerce shops or basic wordpress sites. Sometimes the development is beyond the...

asked Jun 12 '13 at 19:42
Blank
Start It
18 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
Can a management consultant work like a doctor works?

this may sound strange, but I had this tought recently. As you know, we visit doctors, they diagnose us and advice us how to get cured and in sometimes, the doc does the job. It may take hardly...

asked Jun 21 '13 at 04:21
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.33K Views
Can I train a programmer from internal staff?

I have a person on staff who has been doing a lot of admin type work: support, billing, etc. I am thinking that I will want another programmer (PHP/MYSQL/etc) in the next 6-12 months for some new...

asked Apr 9 '13 at 01:27
Blank
Simon
165 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
Micromanaging partner

We are a start-up working on a few projects and trying to build some strategic products alongside. This is a 3 member partnership setup with a development team of about 15 people. One person, let's...

asked Mar 5 '13 at 13:28
Blank
Muthu
159 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.88K Views
How to manage developers who are inconsistent (i.e., very hot and cold)

I have worked with several developers who are very "hot and cold" in terms of their motivation. Sometimes they will slack off for weeks on a project and make zero progress, and other times they go...

asked Feb 14 '13 at 09:41
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
best practices of managing follow up calls in cold calling?

Best practices of managing follow up calls in cold calling? Actually, I am searching for the best protocols in managing follow up calls.

asked Dec 31 '12 at 05:58
Blank
Anilkumble789
9 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
Determining Limits of a Software Development Team

I'm currently managing 5 member (whom are also my friends) software development team for my startup and instead of looking for an angel investor I decided to finance my own product by my own. And...

asked Dec 31 '12 at 09:06
Blank
Timur Aykut Y?Ld?R?M
121 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
Two services under one company. Is it OK to have this specific structure?

In my mind i have two companies. A in the A industry and B in the B industry. Even though in some cases those two industries may have things in common, they are different. Of course, name...

asked Dec 4 '12 at 12:21
Blank
Nikolai
125 points