Management Questions

3 Votes
6 Answers
4.42K Views
How do you manage employee holiday requests?

I'm currently doing some research into how companies manage employee holiday requests for a startup I'm considering. So, my question is: What do you use to manage holiday requests, and what...

asked Oct 27 '10 at 18:26
Blank
Codebeef
148 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.78K Views
Rules of good email communication

What are the rules of good style in business email communication, regarding timeline of message exchanging? I mean, how fast the incoming message should be answered? What are the most possible...

asked Oct 1 '10 at 03:15
Blank
Rem
352 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
3.13K Views
What skills should i get to start?

im a system administrator and have some ideas and small amount of money to spare. Despite i am a tech guy, i actually have a problems learning programming(trying a few times with deplhi then with...

asked Sep 24 '10 at 00:15
Blank
Coolface
8 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.83K Views
How does an entrepreneur's perfectionism do harm to the business?

Maybe in order to be better, a business loses more?

asked Jul 20 '10 at 12:39
Blank
Jack
116 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Trying to figure out a general business modus operandi. What's yours?

In terms of personal business practice, how do you generally handle things? To be more specific, do you do the all-eggs-in-one-basket approach? Or, do you diversify with many projects...

asked Jul 24 '10 at 05:04
Blank
Dr. Khan
27 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.62K Views
Field Service Management

I need to manage going door-to-door to 700 properties. I need to be able to account for each property whether they require my service. Then I will need to provide that service every 2 weeks. I've...

asked Aug 19 '10 at 22:26
Blank
Jeffrey Hicks
313 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.01K Views
So I'm building a web application

I'm building a pretty standard web application - login, do some searches via some well defined paramaters, get a list of results, drill down on a result to see details about the results. While I've...

asked Jul 9 '10 at 07:14
Blank
Ev Conrad
561 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.87K Views
How do you manage ideas (engineering changes) in a start up?

I'm involved, as a software developer, in an early stage (pre-profit) start up. The product is at a point where the basic core is implemented and we are building out features and adding polish, so...

asked Jun 6 '10 at 04:15
Blank
Mch
133 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.94K Views
Tool for reseller management

We have a web application we want to start selling on a per month basis. We have several resellers that we would like to have resell our application and make a margin on doing so. We don't want to...

asked Feb 10 '10 at 13:07
Blank
Robin Vessey
8,394 points

3 Votes
8 Answers
2.74K Views
At what point do you cut features?

I have a couple of features in my product that are really important but, as it stands, are not fully implemented / designed or integrated. At what point do I remove them from the product? I...

asked Dec 31 '09 at 18:01
Blank
Sam Saffron
432 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.96K Views
How do I manage my time as my startup grows?

I am in between blogging daily and running a new expansion to the blog where we expanded into a new social network, this means managing features, launches, marketing, PR etc. what are the best...

asked Dec 11 '09 at 15:25
Blank
User1875
76 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.87K Views
Do investors require a mangement team? What if there isn't one?

From an investor point of view, the cliche is "investor prefers type A management team with a type B product rather than the reverse". A startup cannot afford CFO, CEO. Founder has to roll up the...

asked Dec 2 '09 at 14:11
Blank
User1721
46 points

16 Votes
11 Answers
8.6K Views
Can a non-developer/non-technical manage developers?

Any positive/negative experiences? Advice? I personally feel that my professional life as a developer is now more difficult, it feels harder to explain things and also to prove my worth without...

asked Oct 14 '09 at 18:09
Blank
Pilot Lite
86 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.01K Views
How do you manage risk in a venture?

What are the types of risk that one can encounter in a startup? How can you manage or cope with uncertainty? How can you minimize risk?

asked Oct 10 '09 at 13:33
Blank
Van Nguyen
482 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
4.52K Views
Using AdWords to test product ideas?

In order to test interest in a product, I've been told that it's useful to use AdWords. What's the best way to maximize the usefulness of AdWords. How do I measure whether or not an idea is useful?...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 13:10
Blank
Van Nguyen
482 points