Manufacturing Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
5.43K Views
Legal considerations while starting a supplements business?

I've been contemplating starting a brain supplement product similar to Onnit's Alpha Brain. The supplements industry is ridiculously de-regulated (thanks Utah). Literally anyone can contract a...

asked Feb 3 '14 at 17:16
Blank
Lyle Guerrero
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.77K Views
What type of manufacturing fits a growing brewery?

I am trying to narrow down the type of manufacturing a brewery represents. Browsing wikipedia lists a number of styles and a few fit. I think it falls somewhere on the lean / agile / JIT spectrum...

asked Feb 5 '13 at 07:05
Blank
Dean Brundage
256 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.7K Views
How to get samples manufactured to showcase in front of clients?

Scenario: Currently we are starting to sell merchandising products to our cold call clients by meeting them personally. Our vision is to build a company that has a site portal where people can opt...

asked Jan 18 '13 at 03:56
Blank
Parmanand
9 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Dealing with semiconductor manufacturers? How to get response?

I have a tech startup and we design consumer electronic products. For product design I need semiconductors ICs. So I searched over the internet and found that many reputed companies offer the ICs...

asked Oct 15 '12 at 16:12
Blank
Sbr1990
6 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.16K Views
Valuation for a manufacturing company

I own a small brewery and I need some help valuing it. In operation 18 months Annual gross revenue is around $30,000 (like I said, we're small) $200,000 in cash We expect to use about $110,000 of...

asked Aug 7 '12 at 04:10
Blank
Dean Brundage
256 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
How can startups protect their technology from being copied by the companies assembling it?

How can a startup protect their technology from being copied by a manufacturer? Is it just a matter of contracts and trust? For example, Apple doesn't assemble iPads. How do they prevent their...

asked May 26 '12 at 11:13
Blank
Ed Pichler
201 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.74K Views
Small Manufacturing (softgoods) question

I invented seven products related to cooking. I have paid for/budgeted for incorporation and provisional patent attorneys, monthly expenses, and an accountant. In February (PPA files in Jan) I will...

asked Dec 23 '11 at 03:58
Blank
Kelly Cooper
88 points