Market Research Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
Is my procedure for determining market size based on keyword search traffic a good one?

I'm making a software for a very small and specific market. Worldwide, the numbers seem good. That is, there is a possibility for business. Nevertheless, I wanted to post my procedure. The question...

asked Dec 6 '11 at 07:35
Blank
Jbcolmenares
117 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.49K Views
How do I find out how big the market is?

I see it come up over and over again, like this is a 2$ billion market, we are in a 3$ billion market, etc... Where do you find this data? I've been searching and it's really hard to google...

asked Nov 15 '11 at 02:43
Blank
User14339
15 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
What are android sales numbers?

As part of making a business case I'm trying to gather data for Android phone sales (quantity and dollar value) by continent. I was initially hoping this would be something that Google could...

asked Nov 8 '11 at 10:35
Blank
Koobz
116 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
How do you get data on prices and deal offers from local merchants?

What the best way and economical to get updates about the prices and offers from local dealers? I want to cover 58 areas local dealers/retailers from my city.

asked Sep 15 '11 at 02:11
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
22.2K Views
How to approach people when conducting a market survey?

I am trying to conduct a market survey, using it to gauge the experiences of people who visit a very old open-air market and what improvements they would like to see. This place is pretty popular...

asked Sep 19 '11 at 14:04
Blank
Sriram
174 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
How to analyse products to sell online to make the most profit?

As a developer myself, I've set up an e-commerce website in England and hired 2 people to help me package and invoice etc.. In terms of choosing the right and most profitable products to sell...

asked Sep 9 '11 at 02:37
Blank
Cem
108 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
How do you get immediate information about a product launch announcement?

How to be one of the first few to get the information of any product launch announcement? How does the release or launch of any upcoming product or service get into the news?

asked Sep 13 '11 at 22:43
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.84K Views
How Do I Define and Research a Market and Estimate Market Share

Marketing your startup takes many forms. The classical marketing approach revolves around the 4 P’s: Product, Price, Promotion and Place. In this question and answer, we will discuss place, which...

asked Aug 27 '11 at 23:45
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
3.27K Views
How to make revenue and user acquisition projections for product which is not launched yet?

How can you make revenue and user acquisition projections before launching your product? And are they worth anything?

asked Aug 28 '11 at 12:11
Blank
Gagan
150 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
How many users use Google, Yahoo, MSN and Outlook Calendars?

I'm working on a product and needs to check how many users are using web based calendars. Or how many users create calendar events per year. I need this to figure out the market size. I tried to...

asked Sep 2 '11 at 09:24
Blank
Gagan
150 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
What to include in our funding requirements?

We're a small group of IT students and recently we came up with an idea that we're going to pitch with business plan in an event hoping to get feedback and funding from investors. (Ok, I read that...

asked Aug 24 '11 at 23:37
Blank
Atul Goyal
496 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
6.38K Views
Where do I find company information for revenue projections?

I'd like to get the information for Groupon or another web 2.0 company to see their revenue, subscriber, traffic, etc. curves for our business plan financial projections. They are a close model to...

asked Aug 7 '11 at 03:04
Blank
Kirk Strobeck
80 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.93K Views
How many responses is enough for my data research?

Im starting a website and I am going to use a company to do data market research for me to determine the interest in my idea. How many respondents would be significant to satisfy potential...

asked Aug 8 '11 at 09:49
Blank
B Run
16 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
Market Research: Creating a Questionnaire

My company is beginning to do research to identify the biggest pain points that our potential customers have, as well as what the most appealing aspects of our software are. We are creating a...

asked Jul 27 '11 at 03:18
Blank
Tom Harrigan
373 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
2.61K Views
How many potential customers should I meet with in order to verify my idea?

I'm working on a new venture with a friend of mine, and we set to meet as many potential customers as possible before writing even a single line of code. We've met with 2 customers and both of...

asked Jul 2 '11 at 17:08
Blank
Stnal
41 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.19K Views
Prototype or market research first?

I want to start developing (well trying to) my web application. I am not sure if I should start with the market research to find out what features they want or if they even want the app at all. Or...

asked Jun 13 '11 at 23:54
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Six Months Into Start-Up - Focus On One Client or Expand Platforms?

I am currently working for a start-up and our first product has been in development for several months. We have reached a fork in the road and I would like to ask the OnStartups community for some...

asked Jun 22 '11 at 13:55
Blank
Travis Truett
127 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.97K Views
How should I start building a social network site?

Early I asked a question about starting a social network company. Thanks for people who answered my question. I learned that I might implement the ideas first then start a company. But how...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 16:25
Blank
Yc Wang
19 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.79K Views
Should I expect sales from an early release?

After doing some game development in my spare time and not being able to find a decent editor for simple 2D animations and spritesheet manipulation, I decided to knock one together. A year later...

asked May 19 '11 at 22:05
Blank
Sam
176 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
3.79K Views
How can I estimate the cost of moving one ton of earth one kilometer?

I am early in the process of making a radical invention of equipment for moving earth. At the moment I am having trouble estimating the cost of moving one ton of earth one kilometer in a setting...

asked May 21 '11 at 19:52
Blank
David
1,567 points