Marketing Questions

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of influencing buyer behavior and/or precipitate behavioral change.

2 Votes
4 Answers
11.9K Views
Startup Marketing - Commission Based?

I own a computer repair business where all work is done remotely over the internet (serving throughout the US). I started this business on a shoestring budget and I'm trying to do my best at...

asked Jul 16 '11 at 00:47
Blank
James
133 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.49K Views
Pre-launch pages: what should you have on them?

What makes some pre-launch sites great? There is a lot of talk about beginning to market your site well before launch. How does one do that on a "coming soon" page?Most of the pages I've seen just...

asked Jun 10 '14 at 12:44
Blank
Michael Strunk
19 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
6.2K Views
Business development /Sales strategy for a startup

I am ready with my product ( a marketing/discovery platform for local retailers) . I have started connecting with local retail chain stores - managed to get a few contacts in their marketing...

asked Jul 24 '13 at 23:41
Blank
Stanford Sequeira
42 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
6.45K Views
Should you care about branding when first launching a startup?

Is it worth worrying about branding principles (name, logo, slogan, etc) when launching your app? Or should that come afterwards once you get some customers?One issue is that renaming a company...

asked May 21 '15 at 10:13
Blank
Brian Flores
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
7.81K Views
How to promote a Kickstarter project?

We have a new project will launch on Kickstarter(crowdfunding website) soon, I want to know if there is any good free promotion method to let more people know our product, except Facebook, Twitter...

asked Feb 6 '15 at 15:39
Blank
User34252
11 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
4.47K Views
Can one person do both Marketing & Sales/Business-Development jobs?

Context: We are a small 3-developer company that sells Windows desktop software for small businesses on our website. We believe that we need both: "Marketing" - i.e. one-to-many interactions,...

asked Mar 5 '10 at 04:00
Blank
Polemarch
301 points

2 Votes
9 Answers
11.9K Views
Need to create a professional Demo / Video Tutorial for my Software Application

I am creating a desktop application and i'll need a video tutorial / demo for the app, to put on my company website. The purpose of the video is to obviously explain how to use the program, but to...

asked Aug 2 '10 at 15:39
Blank
Tanvir Chowdhury
165 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.15K Views
What are some common social media marketing mistakes that beginners make?

For someone just starting to get their feet wet in social media, what are some common mistakes that people make? I'll be focusing primarily on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

asked Feb 14 '14 at 15:38
Blank
User30126
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.5K Views
How to price ads and sponsor packages?

I am planning to launch a business that includes having selling machines at several areas in the city. I could identify the fixed and variable costs of the business. I am intending to allow...

asked Jul 9 '14 at 14:42
Blank
Moustafa Ezzat
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.75K Views
Marketing tactics to promote a night club online?

What are some techniques (could be tried and tested ones or unique ones) to market a new night club online?I have thought about holding a contest on social media to get fans and followers as a...

asked Jul 17 '14 at 18:59
Blank
Angel Welch
4 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.9K Views
Are startup directories like Product Hunt worth the effort to drive initial traffic?

There are a ton of "startup directories" like Product Hunt that list new startups and apps.Is it worth the time to add your new startup to all these sites? Due to the large numbers of companies...

asked Aug 25 '14 at 14:57
Blank
Geoffrey Ford
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.73K Views
Using Open Source software as a marketing tactic?

Is it a good idea to offer a less featured version of your software as open source as a marketing strategy? It obviously has worked well for companies like MySQL and wondering if it could work for...

asked Sep 9 '14 at 15:42
Blank
Glenda Gregory
12 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.3K Views
Should Facebook and Twitter be the only social networks to promote your brand on?

Since Twitter and Facebook are the most popular social networks, is it even worth targeting other sites in a social media marketing strategy?Has anyone had any consistent success with other social...

asked Sep 16 '14 at 19:14
Blank
Jerry Mason
4 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.6K Views
Words to describe my product : different or similar to my competitors?

I'm now working on my speech to sell my product, and I'm wondering what words to use to describe it. My product is a "real estate repository", and that's the words my competitor are using too. But...

asked Sep 22 '14 at 14:25
Blank
Francis L
33 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.88K Views
Post launch: when should we pivot or call it quits if our startup isn't getting many users?

It always happens when I launch new apps. A month or two into marketing it, there is very little growth or paid customers. Which leads to me losing interest or getting pessimistic about the app...

asked May 22 '15 at 11:43
Blank
Robert Miller
14 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.52K Views
New SAAS product: Adwords or GetApp/FindTheBest type approach for marketing?

I have a new task management app. Born out of frustration that the current models out there are lacking in a bunch of features you would think would be obvious plus I added a new feature which I...

asked May 30 '15 at 02:30
Blank
Paul Moran
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.75K Views
I'm building an encyclopedia site. How can I ensure my new startup generates enough revenue?

I am starting a web encyclopedia in Nigeria but my fear is how to generate revenue with this online encyclopedia.

asked May 29 '15 at 22:08
Blank
Hassan Sani
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.78K Views
How to reach out to smaller companies that aren't based online?

My upcoming business has a side project that requires reaching out to small businesses that do not currently have an online presence. Initially I was hoping to achieve this manually by looking...

asked Jun 1 '15 at 14:49
Blank
Reece Matthews
76 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.02K Views
How is best to promote your Business' Social Media?

I've recently just revealed the branding for my up-coming start-up (still in development) and the aim to generate an interest before we officially launch the site - a few months down the line....

asked Jun 14 '15 at 13:07
Blank
Reece Matthews
76 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.54K Views
Right time to start adwords ads?

We recently launched a food gift website where you can create & personalize your gift. The site has several innovative features which people like a lot. There is an online food gift market in...

asked Feb 25 '12 at 08:30
Blank
John
16 points