Marketing Questions

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of influencing buyer behavior and/or precipitate behavioral change.

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.89K Views
Best way to promote a new restaurant online?

I'm working on starting a restaurant and now sure where to begin to generate exposure online when it opens.Yelp works once you already have a few reviews.What are some other ways to get the word...

asked Apr 6 '14 at 12:11
Blank
Charolette Aldridge
9 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.9K Views
How should we advertise towards the Chinese demographic for our new startup?

So my new startup is ready and I want to market it to people living in china.I live in India.How should I put best efforts to advertise to Chinese People living in China.

asked Jun 1 '12 at 13:50
Blank
Himanshu Prasad
51 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.72K Views
How to tackle an overwhelming task that you can't wrap your head around?

What are some ways to execute on a massive, overwhelming task (like marketing, for example) when you are a solo founder with no employees and no resources?

asked Mar 28 '14 at 18:41
Blank
Michael Milne
4 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.76K Views
In Google's post-penguin update, which is most important for startups to focus on: SEO, content marketing, branding or social media?

Which one of these should startups focus on for the most impact: SEO Content marketing Branding Social media marketing The biggest downside of focusing on SEO first is that almost every month...

asked Mar 29 '14 at 18:57
Blank
Angelina Hall
2 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
How do you measure effectiveness of content like white papers, e-books and case studies?

They take a lot of time and effort to create, but how do you know if customers actually look at them? And which parts?

asked Mar 28 '14 at 06:03
Blank
Michael Feng
51 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.44K Views
Which lesser-used social media channels could trend this year for marketing?

In your opinion, which social media channel (except FB, Twitter, LinkedIn) could likely trend this year? For both B2B and B2C marketing.

asked Mar 24 '14 at 14:13
Blank
Lawrence Farwell
47 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Factors that determine a quality link in link building?

What are things to look out for when considering the value of a link? What factors make a back link good or bad?The factors seem to change drastically every year. Here are some things that were...

asked Mar 25 '14 at 16:13
Blank
Michael Trent
20 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.67K Views
I'm publishing a game on both App store and Google Play. How do I attract users after launch?

What are some of the most important things I should be doing after pushing games live to attract users?How did Flappy Bird get it's traction? All I've read in articles is that the game was live for...

asked Mar 20 '14 at 19:57
Blank
Elizabeth Wilburn
25 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
Jab Jab Jab Right Hook: your takeaways from the book?

If you've read the book Jab Jab Jab Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk, what are the key things you have learnt?I'm looking for actionable things that you would use in the real world.

asked Mar 17 '14 at 18:18
Blank
John Bolden
15 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.2K Views
Using Instagram as a marketing channel?

What are some strategies to use Instagram as a marketing channel for your website?

asked Mar 10 '14 at 17:57
Blank
Randy Juan
40 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
Where can I find a commission only sales person?

I want to offer a particular video creation service -- one minute kinetic text videos with voiceover and music -- and have capacity to take 10 to 20 clients each month. The trouble is, as far as...

asked Mar 15 '14 at 23:38
Blank
There Will Be Anything
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
Biggest mistake you made early on in your startup?

What was the biggest mistake you made during the first few months of your startup?

asked Mar 14 '14 at 22:01
Blank
John Aquino
55 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
Benchmarking religion: how to create a marketing strategy as good as people who invented religions?

At the risk of getting down-voted into oblivion by people who are religious...What can we learn about marketing from the way all religions were created?If you really think about, there is no...

asked Mar 13 '14 at 08:49
Blank
Lisa Lawson
150 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.36K Views
Changing your startup's name?

How should I go about changing my startup's name? What are some things to keep in mind in terms of marketing and branding?

asked Mar 12 '14 at 08:13
Blank
Robert Thompson
47 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
5.2K Views
Marketing a start-up with zero marketing budget?

It's been 3 months since we launched our startup and it's has very little traction. What are some ways we can market it without using any money, just our time. Some things we have on the...

asked Feb 4 '14 at 21:50
Blank
Bethany Myers
21 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
10.1K Views
Open source social media monitoring tools for agencies?

Are there any free or open source social media monitoring tools for a small agency? We just started the business so want to go with any free alternatives out there to bootstrap.

asked Mar 6 '14 at 05:29
Blank
Gene Mc Gowan
45 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.32K Views
Facebook hashtags: Does it generate extra exposure?

Does using hashtags in your Facebook posts generate extra exposure? Does Facebook make use of the hashtag data in their search?Hashtags are more apparent in Twitter but their use on Facebook is...

asked Mar 3 '14 at 12:38
Blank
Eli Medley
130 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.87K Views
Biggest issue for performance marketers on mobile?

What would you say is the biggest problem on mobile platforms for performance marketers? I'm looking to create a software solution for that market and would love to hear if you have any issues that...

asked Feb 21 '14 at 20:22
Blank
Janet Crawford
30 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
Why is social media marketing important and what does it really involve doing?

With all the constant buzz about social media marketing, what does someone working as a social media marketer do? Is the core to get likes / tweets on content or does it entail more than that?

asked Feb 13 '14 at 18:47
Blank
User30119
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.75K Views
What part of your marketing efforts failed in 2013?

Would love to hear what things people tried last year that failed. And what are you planning on doing different in 2014? For me, it was Facebook ads. Their performance was abysmal.

asked Feb 11 '14 at 16:44
Blank
Edward Marra
16 points