Marketing Questions

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of influencing buyer behavior and/or precipitate behavioral change.

2 Votes
3 Answers
6.87K Views
What's a good swag-to-attendee ratio at conferences?

As we start going to conferences in 2010, I'm curious what the right amount of swag per attendee should be. Obviously, not everyone wants stuff and I think there's some panache to having the cool,...

asked Dec 12 '09 at 12:15
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
3.52K Views
What's the most interesting Twitter strategy that you've seen a startup use?

It seems like most startups on Twitter use one of two strategies: 1) Broadcast links & information about the company. 2) Broadcast links & information about the industry related to the...

asked Dec 12 '09 at 16:50
Blank
Aaron Q
101 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
4.81K Views
How-to handle Inbound Marketing strategies with Multi-Languages Web site

I've just finished the excellent Inbound Marketing book of Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah. I would like to implement some of their proposed strategies about social network marketing, like...

asked Dec 15 '09 at 09:06
Blank
Morindo
13 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.53K Views
Where to find free U.S. demographics information to assist in market research?

I am trying to find U.S. demographics information to better quantify my addressable and target markets. I am interested in learning answers to questions like: 1. How many individuals graduated with...

asked Dec 15 '09 at 12:37
Blank
Michael Diamant
23 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.38K Views
Advertising to the elderly (65+)?

I am working towards conducting primary research on elderly (65+) members of my community. Specifically I am researching transportation needs, heavy house work needs, and quality of life for the...

asked Dec 16 '09 at 08:06
Blank
Jed Regan
266 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.52K Views
What are some effective ways to promote a book?

I am curious if anyone has any experience promoting a book. I have read a bunch of posts about various promotion methods but I have not seen a whole lot of posts on what is the most effective. By...

asked Nov 21 '09 at 00:03
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.57K Views
Reagrding pricing ...Should it be few big fish or many small fish

We have software which can run as per user SaaS model and also as custom deployment. To advertise we are planning to host it and give it free for some time / users. But there is another argument as...

asked Nov 24 '09 at 23:30
Blank
Jigar Shah
131 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.21K Views
Open source user accounts(openid) OR website specific user accounts?

these days i see the trend where websites are offering the user to chose one of his openid to login to the website instead of creating a new one. it saves the harddisk space for the websites and...

asked Nov 25 '09 at 08:16
Blank
Syed
445 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
Getting testimonials, what are the best practices?

Testimonials can be a useful marketing tool. I wanted to toss a bunch of questions out to see if someone with some experience in the area can provide feedback and guidance. Are there times where...

asked Nov 27 '09 at 03:31
Blank
Oleg Barshay
2,091 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.63K Views
Next Step for My Product / Business? Minimum Viable Product

I have created a minimum viable product that I'd like to turn into a business. I have used pay per click advertising to get: 10ish free subscribers Then 2 paid subscribers It is a monthly...

asked Nov 28 '09 at 12:20
Blank
Dog On
308 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
2.8K Views
Is it a good idea to release screenshots / marketing material well before product launch

We're about 2/3 months away from launching a small start-up webapp. We have lots of designs / screenshots of the app but so far we have kept what the app does a complete secret. Friends and family...

asked Nov 29 '09 at 05:43
Blank
Neil
26 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.19K Views
Celeb endorsement deal for mobile app

I have a mobile app I'm working on. I developed a working mockup as a PHP site, and I have a friend that I can partner with to build an objective-c version who has a lot of experience with this...

asked Nov 29 '09 at 09:43
Blank
Supermaccount
11 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.53K Views
How to consistently generate traffic and new customers for our startup?

Hey AOS, over the past few months, my cofounder Jason and I have been trying to figure out how to exactly launch Ramamia, our family sharing app. Link here: http://staging.ramamia.com We've been...

asked Nov 30 '09 at 09:07
Blank
Mark Bao
604 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.41K Views
Which one is more important: product or company logo?

I want to create a logo by outsourcing it, but since I have little money in hand, I'm in the middle of deciding whether I should spend it for the product's logo or the company's logo. I would need...

asked Nov 30 '09 at 11:36
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.08K Views
Do I need a company website or just product websites?

I'm a husband and father and have a full time job. I'm developing a few web apps in my very little bit of spare time. I'm pretty sure I should have a website dedicated to each app. I want to keep...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 03:29
Blank
Coder Dennis
691 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Community Manager - marketer, product person, support? And where does Social Networking fit in the mix?

I'm frequently involved in debates about the skillset that best embodies a successful online community manager. How do you define their responsibility and what experiences are most valuable...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 04:31
Blank
Paul O'brien
521 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
Best and most effective SHARE design on a blog?

Share buttons and the social network icons for digg, twitter, facebook, etc. come in all shapes and sizes. When speaking to middle-america though, it is safe to say that most people have no idea...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 04:37
Blank
Paul O'brien
521 points

14 Votes
7 Answers
4.03K Views
SEO: Where can I get reliable information about building my website presence and reputation?

Every web site owner wants more traffic. There's an overwhelming amount of information out there about Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Some is legitimate, some outdated, much is based on rumor...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 10:05
Blank
Keith De Long
5,091 points

4 Votes
8 Answers
3.25K Views
What are some simple methods to remember peoples names while networking?

I want to get better at remembering names while networking. Are there any simple methods to remember all of those names during networking events?

asked Dec 2 '09 at 04:29
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
6.41K Views
Why do big companies need so much of advertising/sponsorship of events

Coca cola, pepsi, lays etc why do companies need so much of advertising all over TV's, internet, sports events...even after becoming a household brand. how much percentage of their profit usually...

asked Dec 2 '09 at 10:45
Blank
Syed
445 points