Marketing Questions

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of influencing buyer behavior and/or precipitate behavioral change.

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.73K Views
What is the proper way of doing a press release?

I've seen startups launch without one and fizzled until they reached out. What kind of details are important? Who do you reach out to? How do you get their attention? What are some dos and don'ts?

asked Oct 10 '09 at 14:20
Blank
Van Nguyen
482 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
What resources should I use to prepare a new service availability

After I have my service up and running, with some private beta testers enthusiastic about the service, how to announce it publicly? What resources are available, what are the avenues, to make...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 14:47
Blank
Remus Rusanu
3 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
3.36K Views
How do you discover who are the customers for your "alpha" product?

You have a product alpha. How do you discover who are the customers for your product?

asked Oct 10 '09 at 17:49
Blank
Alexandre Gomes
95 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
Where can i get my hands on internet data, usage patterns etc?

Basically for purposes of marketing and product research we need access to data about the internet: what are people talking about, number of users in India, demographic patterns, conversations...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 18:38
Blank
Sid6376
6 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
3.2K Views
How do you discover the size of a potential market?

I am interested in creating an online service for the genealogy (family history) market. But I have no idea how you go about researching the size of a potential market. How would you discover the...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 23:01
Blank
Phil Wright
131 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
4.53K Views
What's are some good strategies to attract customers to a new website?

When startups launch a new web site or application, and initially have no customers, what is the best way to attract customers to the site? SEO? Adwords? Word of mouth?

asked Oct 10 '09 at 23:55
Blank
Alex Black
196 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
3.33K Views
How can a Greenhorn get experience?

In this economic climate, competition for jobs is stiff. What should a smart, hardworking recent graduate of a business school program do to try to get a job that will give him the experience he...

asked Oct 11 '09 at 02:18
Blank
Jason Evanish
83 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
3.47K Views
Top 3 Marketing Tips for new Technology Startups

You have just released your product into the market and you want to start to get the word out there. What are 3 things that you think every startup should be doing to build traction?

asked Oct 11 '09 at 05:50
Blank
Usman Sheikh
1,728 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
2.45K Views
What are the best resources for learning about metrics and conversion

What other resources are available to learn about metrics in general and other topics such as segmentation, conversion, KPI etc. Dave McClure has a good presentation up on...

asked Oct 11 '09 at 07:01
Blank
Tsummit
116 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
3.71K Views
B2B marketing techniques

There is tons of information on how to market products to people, but I have found little information on how to market to businesses. I have yet to see anyone translate the web 2.0 hype to B2B...

asked Oct 11 '09 at 15:45
Blank
Ron Ga
2,181 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.37K Views
Is it legal to send emails having hyperlinks to other people's content?

Is there a copyright infringment problem if you send an email with links pointing to other people's content.

asked Oct 12 '09 at 01:34
Blank
Anup
547 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
4.54K Views
Using AdWords to test product ideas?

In order to test interest in a product, I've been told that it's useful to use AdWords. What's the best way to maximize the usefulness of AdWords. How do I measure whether or not an idea is useful?...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 13:10
Blank
Van Nguyen
482 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.81K Views
Should I start a contest to drive traffic to my site?

At what point should I consider a contest as a strategy to get people to visit my business or website? What are the ways to track the ROI for this type of marketing?

asked Oct 10 '09 at 10:08
Blank
Blizzard Digital
83 points

3 Votes
8 Answers
5.29K Views
We've launched our bootstrapped startup and have a few thousand dollars for marketing. Any advice?

Our startup is PubliciTweet. We're like a Constant Contact for Twitter. While in public beta the service is completely free. We are most interested in acquiring more users than setting up payment...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 07:22
Blank
Jaisen
28 points

11 Votes
10 Answers
6.18K Views
Anyone experimented with $49.95 vs. $50 Pricing for subscription software?

I've read a lot of times in the retail world where the $49.95 (or $49.99) style pricing actually increases sales vs. just making it a round figure like $50. Has anyone tried this for a...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 03:59
Blank
Dharmesh Shah
2,865 points