Merchant Account Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.26K Views
Lowest credit card processing fee that a company can possibly pay?

What is the absolute lowest credit card processing fees that a company with tremendous volume pays? Ex: What is the fee that Amazon or Walmart pays?

asked Mar 24 '14 at 19:55
Blank
Jennifer Schiro
35 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
How best to manage charge backs and returns in 3rd party aggregation model?

My partners and I are working on a startup and part of our model is acting as a 3rd party aggregator of certain services, similar to a travel agent, meaning customers pay us and we pay the service...

asked Mar 13 '12 at 19:05
Blank
Dmoore
46 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.48K Views
Has anyone had any experience with GoCardless?

Has anyone had any experience using UK startup GoCardless for only payment processing? Get paid directly from your customers’ bank accounts. No merchant account. No credit card fees. No hassle. ...

asked Feb 11 '12 at 06:20
Blank
Space Beers
168 points

1 Votes
7 Answers
3.77K Views
Looking for a UK online payment solution that only takes a percentage or a flat fee

I'm currently looking for an online payment solution for a business website I'm working on and it turns out it's a bit more complex than I'd first though. I'd like to run at a very small download...

asked Feb 9 '12 at 01:15
Blank
Space Beers
168 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Suggestions for a merchant account and payment gateway for a UK startup using recurring payments?

We are a new company and have developed an online service that we want to charge a monthly fee to use. So far, we have tried two merchant account providers and have been turned down because we are...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 19:10
Blank
Woo Hoo
193 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.51K Views
What to do with income from SaaS

I own a SaaS app with a subscription model. When I (hopefully) eventually switch from PayPal to a merchant account, where should I keep the income from subscriptions? Some people have told me to...

asked Dec 18 '11 at 05:55
Blank
Rick Button
113 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
What do I need to know about storing people's money in accounts for my website

I am developing a website where users will be able to transfer money to their account on the website. They'll eventually be spending some money and withdrawing money back into their accounts...

asked Dec 13 '11 at 14:28
Blank
Jon F
144 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
4.12K Views
What is the difference between a Payment Processor and a Merchant Account and Payment Gateway?

I'm also wondering what each of those does. Seems like with the Ecommerce solution I'm considering that everytime I think I've got it all figured out, it turns out that we need yet another service...

asked Nov 2 '11 at 07:28
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.68K Views
How do sellers get paid online?

If I'm setting up a system where people can sell stuff online. I'm planning on having my own merchant account and setting up my own payment system. The problem I ran into is how to I send money...

asked Sep 16 '11 at 09:03
Blank
Shawn Mclean
220 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
When sending money from an office in one country to another, if this money is sent via credit/debit card payment are there any tax implications?

One of the company's co-founders is investing and to avoid high fees I suggested we use our merchant account whereby he will make a payment online and then I will receive the money in the UK. Is...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 18:37
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.08K Views
Online Merchant Account/Payment Gateway for Non-U.S. based Businesses

As many of you - who do not live in the us - surely know, it's near impossible to find an online merchant account/payment gateway other than paypal standard for non-us based businesses. If there's...

asked May 30 '11 at 03:38
Blank
Sotkra
141 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.66K Views
First time credit card processor?

Does anyone have any experience when it comes to jumping directly into your own credit card processor and merchant account with an online startup? I know some merchant accounts require you are...

asked Apr 24 '11 at 09:44
Blank
Sk24iam
344 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Can anyone recommend a merchant account?

I need to open a merchant account to work with authorize.net. I am looking for one that is US based and will accept a reverse auction type of website. My original plan was to go with cdgcommerce...

asked Oct 6 '10 at 03:19
Blank
Sk24iam
344 points