Monetization Questions

7 Votes
1 Answers
4.31K Views
How does a business owner take money out of their business

Let's say I own a business selling widgets on the web. I'm incorporated, most likely an LLC. The business is doing really well and there is a lot of cash flow. Since I'm separated from the business...

asked Oct 9 '10 at 06:17
Blank
Keith
138 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
9.22K Views
How to monetize my Tumblr blog

I'm new on Tumblr, and I have over 180 followers. With all these eyes on my blog, how do I monetize it?

asked Oct 21 '10 at 14:33
Blank
William Daniel
8 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.63K Views
What to do with a semi successful side-project?

Beside my two startups I invest 99% of my time in, I have several side projects I started just for fun. Trying out new programming languages, those kind of things. One of these side projects is a...

asked Sep 5 '10 at 05:38
Blank
Marckohlbrugge
121 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.25K Views
How can you (best) monetize a beta?

Suppose that your product is going into beta, with potential for 1,000s of beta testers. But being a small company, you would like to try to get a little money now to ease development costs for...

asked Sep 16 '10 at 06:31
Blank
Nbeecroft
515 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Monthly billing between PayPal and a spreedly, recurly

Paypal's simplest integration is an IPN and is super simple, but we all know the risks, and how badly they handle monthly billing. But it takes an hour to set up and is $.30 + 3% or something. It...

asked Jun 12 '10 at 03:09
Blank
User3635
6 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.19K Views
Lead generation

We are building a web app where lead gen will be a major component. I would like to get more information about implementing it What are the best ways to incorporate lead gen in the...

asked Apr 9 '10 at 06:13
Blank
User2202
164 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.24K Views
Social-Networking Business Models

What business models exist for social-network type startups? I'm looking for revenue streams other than the standard advertising model. What types of perks/features are members willing to pay a...

asked Apr 10 '10 at 05:29
Blank
Paul
138 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.74K Views
Framework for Freemium model in ASP.NET

I have a website that I would like to add registration and plans (ex: premium membership, free membership) and charge the customers on a monthly subscription basis. The existing website is written...

asked Apr 14 '10 at 09:11
Blank
User2306
232 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
11.7K Views
How much can you trust website worth value calculators?

While bulding my Business Plan for my future Website, I am trying to collect some relationships between traffic and online advertising monetization. I know that we cannot really trust numbers...

asked Mar 8 '10 at 10:05
Blank
Fabien7474
210 points

11 Votes
4 Answers
3.82K Views
How to create a great niche content site?

I think I've recently discovered a niche with several high-traffic keywords, that doesn't have a good source of content ranking for it. I intend to create a content site for this niche, and I'm...

asked Mar 12 '10 at 11:39
Blank
Jay Neely
6,050 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.6K Views
How to monetize user-submitted links

I have a forum page where users interact and discuss different topics. Lets say one user submits a link to a sales item hosted by an online retailer (ex. macy's sweater on sale on macys.com). How...

asked Feb 21 '10 at 14:35
Blank
Pennyfiller13
86 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.61K Views
Are there any good monetization strategies for webservice/API providers?

I often have ideas for a webservice ... as in a live internet programming API (Application Programmable Interface) for other websites. Ideally, I'd like to allow access to the API for free in order...

asked Nov 25 '09 at 09:03
Blank
John Mac Intyre
1,086 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
2.8K Views
When, and how should I think about getting money out of a free site/service?

How to (slightly) monetize a tiny niche website... when it's free to use? I'm developing a small niche website to help an airline worker I know solve a problem she faces fairly regularly. It...

asked Oct 27 '09 at 11:07
Blank
Scott
143 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
Smart ways to optimize ad revenues

Over the time I've realized that mostly 50% of my traffic (from USA/UK/CAN/AUS) makes up 90% of my ad revenues. The other 50% of my traffic (mostly from IND/CN) only contributes like 10% or so. Of...

asked Nov 5 '09 at 00:14
Blank
Arpit Tambi
1,050 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
3.42K Views
When is it a bad idea to bootstrap?

There are two types of startups - those who try to get big quickly and then figure out a way to become profitable, and those who are profitable from the beginning, but grow much slower. The first...

asked Oct 23 '09 at 17:36
Blank
Slavo
316 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.3K Views
API and business models

What is your take on content-provider web-service startups (e.g. Yelp) exposing an API to their content? How does it affect the business model of the service and how can you monetize it? What...

asked Oct 13 '09 at 04:43
Blank
Mahmood Ali
23 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
what are the various methods to make money of your startup

i know some some of them please add/edit 1: selling products to customers 2: profits from adsense/clicks/ads 3: selling services 4: donations 5:subscriptions 6:

asked Oct 13 '09 at 09:42
Blank
Syed
445 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.03K Views
Should "fun" projects be monetized?

For my own education and just for fun, I occasionally write small software applications. Lately I've been considering taking the next step and polishing one or more into something that could be...

asked Oct 14 '09 at 14:09
Blank
Joe Zoller
111 points