Money Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
7.76K Views
How can a non-US citizen legally receive Kickstarter funds?

My understanding is that only a US citizen with an Amazon payment account can create a Kickstarter project. If there is no project member in the States, is there some sort of agency that could...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 19:00
Blank
D3vid
113 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.79K Views
How to start a new ISP in a small city?

Does anyone have any insight on what it takes to start a new ISP (like Comcast, but at a smaller scale)?Do you need a significant amount of money to even get going and lay your own infrastructure?...

asked Jun 9 '14 at 14:02
Blank
Leslie Patterson
17 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.39K Views
Not completely done with MVP and desperately need funding. What should I do?

I quit my job and have been working full-time on my startup the last 3-4 months. I decided to take the risk of investing everything I had in order to get the product built quickly.I hired two...

asked Jul 8 '14 at 01:55
Blank
Melissa Mainor
2 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.04K Views
How much money to save before quitting job to work full time on startup?

I am currently working as a software engineer and have a pretty good salary (above $125K). How much savings should I ideally have before quitting my job and working full time on a startup idea solo...

asked Aug 4 '14 at 20:14
Blank
Philip Ochoa
14 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.08K Views
Buying a website on Flippa using someone else's capital?

I'm looking to buy a website on Flippa that is likely going to sell for $200K+.I don't have the resources to buy this website with my own money. What other ways can I "fund" buying this website?Is...

asked Aug 4 '14 at 20:41
Blank
Noah Bruggeman
14 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.65K Views
Should you show more then one payment durations on SaaS checkout pages?

On my SaaS app, I currently only have a recurring monthly option.Should I also add yearly and quarterly payment options (and offer customers a small discount if they pick one of those)?One clear...

asked Sep 3 '14 at 20:28
Blank
Joyce Mc Clellan
9 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
5.34K Views
General Partners vs Limited Partners in venture capital firms?

What's the difference between GPs and LPs at VC firms? Is one better to try to approach than the other when trying to raise money from their firm?

asked May 16 '14 at 13:12
Blank
Terri Hale
2 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Should you ever start a company without a monetization plan?

Does numbers of users / visitors trump everything else including a monetization plan? Take funny pictures as an example, those type of sites can easily garner 100K+ visitors a month quickly. But...

asked May 14 '14 at 15:40
Blank
Jeffrey Lashbrook
12 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.67K Views
Can a deal with a VC fall apart after a term sheet has been signed?

Is it possible for a fund raising deal with a venture capitalist to fall apart after a term sheet has been executed?If so, what are some common reasons why deals fall apart at this stage?

asked Apr 29 '14 at 16:56
Blank
Mary Campbell
7 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.84K Views
Hacks to keep burning rate low during initial phase of startups?

What are some tips to save money / keep the burn rate as low as possible when you're building your startup? Doesn't have to be specific to any particular niche of startup.

asked Apr 9 '14 at 20:13
Blank
Maureen Simmons
16 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.06K Views
My self-funded startup has nice cash flow... best way to put that money to work?

I have a small network of niche content sites and they are generate a good amount of revenue from Adsense. There is very little I can spend the money on grow the business because of the niche in...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 11:34
Blank
Ronald Kiser
60 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Do you get paid to speak in events?

When your startup is successful, and you are invited to speak in events, do you get paid generally? Or, if you are invited to speak in a conference, do you ask for money? If yes, how much on...

asked Sep 29 '13 at 11:58
Blank
Victor
593 points

8 Votes
2 Answers
2.57K Views
When did you know it was time to leave the 9-5?

Software dev myself - been working on startup idea for a four months now - I'm a solo founder ( until I can find the right person) - as previous partnerships were difficult to maintain My...

asked Aug 12 '13 at 22:33
Blank
Code Talk
253 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
Get Back Investment Money?

I found a Investor for a Business Idea. I do 100% of the work and get a monthly payment for approx. 4-6 months. About that he is the 100% Investor of the whole project. Its a 50-50 project. My...

asked Jul 31 '13 at 02:06
Blank
Bergman
13 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.49K Views
What deal should I accept for a somewhat part time CTO position?

I am a developer with a few years of experience and someone asked me to work on his very early stage startup (2 people right now). The company is doing ok, not making a lot of money but it's...

asked Jul 18 '13 at 01:43
Blank
Mthrowaway
13 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
1.92K Views
Moneyback Guarantee

I'm wonder how is 30-day moneyback guarantee handled with recurring subscription. Does the customer have to request refund WITHIN 30 days or even for a period of X after 30 days have passed? Whats...

asked Jan 7 '13 at 20:59
Blank
Nimbuz
174 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.79K Views
Earning money while starting a business

I am deciding on leaving university to carry on with a business idea if it is as successful as I believe. However, as I am currently in uni, and also need to concentrate on studies for the time...

asked Jan 9 '13 at 09:37
Blank
Adam Carter
123 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
how does a website like youtube make money

Other than small ads that came a couple years later after youtube's first launch and paid videos to be displayed as featured videos how can a site like youtube that has so many expenses profit?...

asked Dec 13 '12 at 20:23
Blank
Yoyilbey
49 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
start-a-project-with-no-money

I am a top programmer and a dreamer, I want to start a open-source free software project to do good for the human-kind, but I don't have income to support my life. I want this project to grow fast,...

asked Nov 4 '12 at 15:22
Blank
Super User
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.52K Views
Raise and use money on kickstarter or indiegogo

I'm interested in projects like Indiegogo and Kickstarter. Basically they are doing the same thing - helps to get money from the people who likes your idea. So when I'm raising money and asking...

asked Sep 24 '12 at 16:45
Blank
Ignas B.
103 points